[2.0.1][Tempest] Bloody Explosive Arrow Build (271% Life + 12.3% Life Regen)

Iron grip wont scale into your ea explosion, i respecced a maruader on another account and grabbed elemental equilibrium seems to work well (have one flat lightning dmg ring), good build.
Which numbers of DPS u reach? U say spending a single passive point into Iron Grip doesnt worth it?
"
claudim1234 wrote:
Which numbers of DPS u reach? U say spending a single passive point into Iron Grip doesnt worth it?

Iron grip will not scale the explosion damage.
Is This build reach high dps numbers? I'm tired of Witch and rerolling something with HP =D
What are ur dps screenshot?
"
claudim1234 wrote:
Is This build reach high dps numbers? I'm tired of Witch and rerolling something with HP =D

tooltip dps means nothing (will show roughly around 20) so the damage won't be a screenshot but purely math.
I'm running a very similar build in tempest currently altho with a few damage nodes and vaal pact cause of thornflesh (haven't speced out of it yet after thornflesh was removed). The damage is great and even if I currently have a 6 and 5 link for aoe/single the dps was ok even on a 4link with gmp/area/leech.
single target isn't amazing but it's allright.

For the original poster. Some math doesn't quite add up (only 2.8 regen from the tree which results in 6.8 overall if you have taken the frenzy charge in merc)
"
zerados wrote:
"
claudim1234 wrote:

tooltip dps means nothing (will show roughly around 20) so the damage won't be a screenshot but purely math.
I'm running a very similar build in tempest currently altho with a few damage nodes and vaal pact cause of thornflesh (haven't speced out of it yet after thornflesh was removed). The damage is great and even if I currently have a 6 and 5 link for aoe/single the dps was ok even on a 4link with gmp/area/leech.
single target isn't amazing but it's allright.

For the original poster. Some math doesn't quite add up (only 2.8 regen from the tree which results in 6.8 overall if you have taken the frenzy charge in merc)

its 7.8% with arsonist which is what I have specced into at level 86 instead of blaze in the shadow tree.

Updated Tree with full build, 119 points. We are now at 10% life regen with frenzy charges.
Last edited by xSigma on Aug 1, 2015, 8:04:06 PM
How do you get sustained dmg? I mean, i dont see anything adding Elemenetal Dmg on Quill rain, or items, etc.... and you have %ele dmg on items...

Which kind of status I should look for into a bow?
Elemental Dmg?
Physical Dmg?
"
claudim1234 wrote:
How do you get sustained dmg? I mean, i dont see anything adding Elemenetal Dmg on Quill rain, or items, etc.... and you have %ele dmg on items...

Which kind of status I should look for into a bow?
Elemental Dmg?
Physical Dmg?

Attack speed. Quill rain is the best choice because no rare bow will be able to get 3 aps. The Explosive arrow gem itself will do all the damage.
I've been seeing that since 2.0 all the explosive arrow builds have switched from being single shot stacks with EE proc GMP+LGoH to this new method with GMP on the explosive arrow. I'm assuming this is because of the burn prolif nerf, but are the explosions still strong enough even after GMP got a pretty big buff? I want to respec my Marauder but haven't found the best setup yet so I have a few questions.

- Will the GMP allow you to apply multiple stacks to bosses / single targets or just one with the shotgun changes? Relatedly, when you do get to map bosses do you swap out GMP for something else (Slower Projectiles?) or keep it on for the adds and explosion damage onto the boss.

- You don't go for EE til quite late in your build. Can you comment on the state of EE currently? Did you just feel you had enough damage and the points were better spent on defense or did it become weaker somehow?
"
totentanz wrote:
I've been seeing that since 2.0 all the explosive arrow builds have switched from being single shot stacks with EE proc GMP+LGoH to this new method with GMP on the explosive arrow. I'm assuming this is because of the burn prolif nerf, but are the explosions still strong enough even after GMP got a pretty big buff? I want to respec my Marauder but haven't found the best setup yet so I have a few questions.

- Will the GMP allow you to apply multiple stacks to bosses / single targets or just one with the shotgun changes? Relatedly, when you do get to map bosses do you swap out GMP for something else (Slower Projectiles?) or keep it on for the adds and explosion damage onto the boss.

- You don't go for EE til quite late in your build. Can you comment on the state of EE currently? Did you just feel you had enough damage and the points were better spent on defense or did it become weaker somehow?

-GMP EA will not shotgun in the sense that you walk up to the mob's face shoot once and it will explode with 5 stacked damage, mob's can only be hit by one projectile per cast. I have a 5L for single target consisting of EA - Slower Projectiles - Concentrated Effect - Chance to ignite - Fire Penetration

-EE is pretty unnecessary because of how strong EA is. Thus I put it in the build at the very end just incase the damage wasn't enough and you want to 1 shot even more map bosses :^). And yes this is a build intended for hardcore so defenses > damage always.

6th link will be life leech.
Last edited by xSigma on Aug 1, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info