[2.0.1][Tempest] Bloody Explosive Arrow Build (271% Life + 12.3% Life Regen)

"
xSigma wrote:
"
scalymanfish wrote:
Any reason you're not using a Devoto's Devotion as your helm? It's pretty amazing for the build. Adds substantial clearspeed, fixes any dex issues, and has good chaos res. The loss of HP I think is made up for its other stats, even in a HC environment.

You can get dex on jewelry / gloves, 15% attack speed wont be noticeable with a quill rain, get a chaos res helmet other res and life. Bam. Also you can easily get a helmet with 200-300 more armor.

Hmm well if the attackspeed/20% movement speed of devoto's isn't much of an improvement, wouldnt the whole right side of Scion going for Harrier be pretty inefficient points wise? Using your EE build for example (my preference) we could use those 10 points elsewhere to get:

We Gain
+2 Jewel Sockets
+2 Endurance Charges
+1.8% Regen (with End Charges up)

We Lose:
4% Life
23% IAS
6% MS
24% Armor/EV
8% Proj dmg

2 mediocre at best jewels would provide ~12% hp and ~28% increased damage. Nevermind any other regal roles or GG jewels you may have.

I feel like you underrate the 20% movement speed as well, I've played with it before and it just feels so good on EA.

I'm just theory crafting here as I haven't gotten a high level EA char this league, any thoughts on my proposed changes to losing the Harrier route?
Last edited by scalymanfish on Aug 18, 2015, 2:11:35 PM
"
djinnrah wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently level 44, a1 cruel.
Single targets are one hell of a kind though.

I have a 3L for single target: EA - SP - Conc Effect
The damage is ridiculously low.
So I added a Flame Totem with Culling Strike, Fire Penetration and Iron Will but still..
Especially rare Monsters take too much time to kill.
Its annoying.

Did I miss something? How to deal with single targets in particular?

i just reached 76 with this. lvld till 58 with flameblast, inc aoe and add lightning + flame totem with add lightning and faster casting. both in a crappy +1 craftet wand. was pretty solid. changed into a 4 link with ea ~lvl11, fire pen, gmp and inc aoe.

trash was 3-4 stack, bosses took a bit longer than before. just search for a wall and use it :) now at gem lvl 17 its actually starting to get decent, still no single target setup. but im playing softcore, so i did not go into marauder area yet. on my way i left out ~35% life, still at 5,3k atm.
"
15% attack speed wont be noticeable with a quill rain

Of course it is. So is 20% from Blood Rage (and at least 3 frenzy) - crazy attack speed. And of course above mentioned move speed, it gives very good defensive and opens up more options when it comes too choosing boots - you dont need to get 30% ms on them to move quickly. Since im not using blood dance this can be helpful. Chaos res is easy obtainable, currently I have around 150% chaos res (was 170% but gear changed). Its a matter of personal preference which unique to choose I just like Devoto because it plays faster. And looks cool

Edit:

Just saw you use faster attacks as 6 link, in that case atk speed from devoto may not be needed. Im using 6L for my single target - EA/pen/slow/conc/chance to ignite/inc burn
Last edited by arcadius on Aug 18, 2015, 3:09:20 PM
"
scalymanfish wrote:
"
xSigma wrote:
"
scalymanfish wrote:
Any reason you're not using a Devoto's Devotion as your helm? It's pretty amazing for the build. Adds substantial clearspeed, fixes any dex issues, and has good chaos res. The loss of HP I think is made up for its other stats, even in a HC environment.

You can get dex on jewelry / gloves, 15% attack speed wont be noticeable with a quill rain, get a chaos res helmet other res and life. Bam. Also you can easily get a helmet with 200-300 more armor.

Hmm well if the attackspeed/20% movement speed of devoto's isn't much of an improvement, wouldnt the whole right side of Scion going for Harrier be pretty inefficient points wise? Using your EE build for example (my preference) we could use those 10 points elsewhere to get:

We Gain
+2 Jewel Sockets
+2 Endurance Charges
+1.8% Regen (with End Charges up)

We Lose:
4% Life
23% IAS
6% MS
24% Armor/EV
8% Proj dmg

2 mediocre at best jewels would provide ~12% hp and ~28% increased damage. Nevermind any other regal roles or GG jewels you may have.

I feel like you underrate the 20% movement speed as well, I've played with it before and it just feels so good on EA.

I'm just theory crafting here as I haven't gotten a high level EA char this league, any thoughts on my proposed changes to losing the Harrier route?

The pathing is pretty poor, quick recovery is very inefficient, I personally dont use endurance charges. My build isn't set in stone, you can build it and gear it however you like. Having flat life on a helmet rather than nothing at all can be quite noticeable. 23% attack speed is like a baby faster attacks, although one might argue the same for the helmet, Devoto's doesnt have life. If it did, it'd probably be op af and bis for the build.
"
arcadius wrote:
"
15% attack speed wont be noticeable with a quill rain

Of course it is. So is 20% from Blood Rage (and at least 3 frenzy) - crazy attack speed. And of course above mentioned move speed, it gives very good defensive and opens up more options when it comes too choosing boots - you dont need to get 30% ms on them to move quickly. Since im not using blood dance this can be helpful. Chaos res is easy obtainable, currently I have around 150% chaos res (was 170% but gear changed). Its a matter of personal preference which unique to choose I just like Devoto because it plays faster. And looks cool

Edit:

Just saw you use faster attacks as 6 link, in that case atk speed from devoto may not be needed. Im using 6L for my single target - EA/pen/slow/conc/chance to ignite/inc burn

Why would you use blood rage with this build? 5 Stacking packs in 0.5 vs 0.2 wont be that big of a jump, you still have to wait for the 1 second detonation anyways. You gain movespeed with frenzy charges via blood dances.
As I said I dont use blood dance. 20/20 blood rage gives 20% atk speed and generates frenzy charges. Im not using Faster attacks in my setup butI have almost the same speed with BR. Also with my 25% ms boots I have 45% MS with Devoto when with blood dance you have only 26% with 3 FC (2% ms from FC is barely noticable unless you can have like 8 FC)
Blood Dance is more defensive but im relying more on flask and leech in my build than on life regen. My panic life flask heals me full hp when on low life and I have over 6k life pool
Yo!
First of all thanks for the build!

I'm having HUGE problems with single target dps on bosses and even rares. I have set it up like it says in the guide....but its almost useless :(

What has been you guys' experience with single dps?

With regards!
"
Fathervic wrote:
Yo!
First of all thanks for the build!

I'm having HUGE problems with single target dps on bosses and even rares. I have set it up like it says in the guide....but its almost useless :(

What has been you guys' experience with single dps?

With regards!

I only have a 5 link on single target EA so it take a lot longer to stack 5 fuses. ZiggyD mentioned putting one stack of the single target EA on a mob and then use the other EA (one for packs) to stack the other 4 fuses. Seems much faster than shooting 5 slow ones
I was thinking of going Elemental equilibrium but I don't know how hat benefits this build. Anyone can explain what is to be done for it to work? Do we apply some sort of lightning or cold damage before the fuses explode on a mob ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info