[2.0.1][Tempest] Bloody Explosive Arrow Build (271% Life + 12.3% Life Regen)

Ok so i've been theorycrafted this build quite a lot and i've been stuck on the idea of using auras for this build.

For this to work we need to spec into reduce mana reserved (if we wanna use 4 auras, and we do!) and unspec from blood magic keystone. So we get the reduced mana reserve at the templar section and the cluster at scion. This gives us 18% reduced mana reserved. With an alpha's howl we can use 4 auras (AA+3 purity auras or vitality).
Since we use alpha's howl for +2 gems and have 1.25% effect on auras we get max effect on the purities and 2.18% life reg.
So in conclusion for auras, we get:
Spoiler
+52% res and 5% max res for fire+lightning (cheaper/easier gearing with these auras and very viable in party play).
+16.25% LESS phys/fire damage taken
+2.18 life reg
+In skill points this would be worth WAY more than the 5-10 skill points spent on taking these nodes.

I have redesigned the skill tree from yours and this is what we gain/lose
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA3UDlgSzBg4J9gxfDc0UIBRxFm8XLxhWGjgaPhpsHKcczh2qJKonLyftKS4rUC3SNZI26TrYOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRnFG103jUEdTpVWpVdZXDVhjWHdZ818EXz9gQ2P9ZOdmVGaeaFhoZWh0aPJqAW49cYVyD3Kpdqx65ny4gKSCB4KbgwmDX4PMidiMz5BVkSuRzpRvlKCWbJe0mjudrp8-n9-iAKZXrKqtja-ntz677b6AwGbE9sauz37UfNeW2E3Yvdl82mLhiONq6hjsOO8O73zwH_Gs8kHyRfPd9kj3Mvjr-ej60v4K_kn-VP6P

We lose:
Spoiler
-72% life (we still have 213% increased life counting +2 jewels)
-32% proj dmg
-10% all res
EE (we cant trigger this anyway because of no available gem slots, if we were to go kaoms heart)

We gain:
Spoiler
+2 endurance charges (1.2% life reg with all 6 endurance charges up)
+2 jewel (I think jewels are valued really high since you can roll some sick jewels. They are worth atleast 3 skill points for each jewel)
+26% increased elemental damage
+24% increased fire dmg
+Damage penetrates 2% fire res
+The entire aura setup

Because of the aura setup we "lose" a 4L gem setup and we have to use BM gem for our EA. Using a high lvl BM with 20% quality compared to BM keystone is not a very big different in life usage. Also we have like 3-4% more life regen. The gem setup is:
EA-BM-AOE-GMP-Fire Pen-Lifeleech
AA-Vitality - Purity of fire/ice/lighnintg (2 of em)
Enduring cry - blink arrow - flammability - faster attacks/BM (we still have 3-4% mana left so BM might not be needed to cast these buffs).
CWDT-Flame golem-enfeeble-molten shell

These gem changes we lose the ability to gain frenzy charges on single target, the CWDT with immortal call setup and the EE.

Gear/stats worth mentioning:
Spoiler
A corrupted rearguard (+1 arrow/fire leech/chaos res/proj weakness) for this build coupled with a rumi's concoction is a very good combo for this build. This would give up to 64% block and 35% spell block (67% spell block if we were to use stone of lazhwar).

We can get +1 frenzy charges on boots and amulet from corruption

With all these changes this is roughly how our defensive stats would be:
Spoiler
81% fire res
80% lightning res
16.25% LESS phys/fire damage taken
Easy max chaos res
24% phys red from endurance charges
11-12% life regen!!!
64% block and 34% spell block with rumi's concotion up.
Prob 10k+ life with a kaoms heart
OPOP?

Sorry for wall of text, but I think it's good. Thoughts?
Last edited by Buiaka on Aug 16, 2015, 9:46:51 AM
"
erod wrote:
Jewel slots. Maximum life/Projectile damage/fire damage, or is there anything better than that?

Bow attack speed - suffix
Attack speed - prefix
Area dmg - prefix
Damage -prefix

Are decent ones too
"
Buiaka wrote:
Ok so i've been theorycrafted this build quite a lot and i've been stuck on the idea of using auras for this build.

For this to work we need to spec into reduce mana reserved (if we wanna use 4 auras, and we do!) and unspec from blood magic keystone. So we get the reduced mana reserve at the templar section and the cluster at scion. This gives us 18% reduced mana reserved. With an alpha's howl we can use 4 auras (AA+3 purity auras or vitality).
Since we use alpha's howl for +2 gems and have 1.25% effect on auras we get max effect on the purities and 2.18% life reg.
So in conclusion for auras, we get:
Spoiler
+52% res and 5% max res for fire+lightning (cheaper/easier gearing with these auras and very viable in party play).
+16.25% LESS phys/fire damage taken
+2.18 life reg
+In skill points this would be worth WAY more than the 5-10 skill points spent on taking these nodes.

I have redesigned the skill tree from yours and this is what we gain/lose
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA3UDlgSzBg4J9gxfDc0UIBRxFm8XLxhWGjgaPhpsHKcczh2qJKonLyftKS4rUC3SNZI26TrYOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRnFG103jUEdTpVWpVdZXDVhjWHdZ818EXz9gQ2P9ZOdmVGaeaFhoZWh0aPJqAW49cYVyD3Kpdqx65ny4gKSCB4KbgwmDX4PMidiMz5BVkSuRzpRvlKCWbJe0mjudrp8-n9-iAKZXrKqtja-ntz677b6AwGbE9sauz37UfNeW2E3Yvdl82mLhiONq6hjsOO8O73zwH_Gs8kHyRfPd9kj3Mvjr-ej60v4K_kn-VP6P

We lose:
Spoiler
-72% life (we still have 213% increased life counting +2 jewels)
-32% proj dmg
-10% all res
EE (we cant trigger this anyway because of no available gem slots, if we were to go kaoms heart)

We gain:
Spoiler
+2 endurance charges (1.2% life reg with all 6 endurance charges up)
+2 jewel (I think jewels are valued really high since you can roll some sick jewels. They are worth atleast 3 skill points for each jewel)
+26% increased elemental damage
+24% increased fire dmg
+Damage penetrates 2% fire res
+The entire aura setup

Because of the aura setup we "lose" a 4L gem setup and we have to use BM gem for our EA. Using a high lvl BM with 20% quality compared to BM keystone is not a very big different in life usage. Also we have like 3-4% more life regen. The gem setup is:
EA-BM-AOE-GMP-Fire Pen-Lifeleech
AA-Vitality - Purity of fire/ice/lighnintg (2 of em)
Enduring cry - blink arrow - flammability - faster attacks/BM (we still have 3-4% mana left so BM might not be needed to cast these buffs).
CWDT-Flame golem-enfeeble-molten shell

These gem changes we lose the ability to gain frenzy charges on single target, the CWDT with immortal call setup and the EE.

Gear/stats worth mentioning:
Spoiler
A corrupted rearguard (+1 arrow/fire leech/chaos res/proj weakness) for this build coupled with a rumi's concoction is a very good combo for this build. This would give up to 64% block and 35% spell block (67% spell block if we were to use stone of lazhwar).

We can get +1 frenzy charges on boots and amulet from corruption

With all these changes this is roughly how our defensive stats would be:
Spoiler
81% fire res
80% lightning res
16.25% LESS phys/fire damage taken
Easy max chaos res
24% phys red from endurance charges
11-12% life regen!!!
64% block and 34% spell block with rumi's concotion up.
Prob 10k+ life with a kaoms heart
OPOP?

Sorry for wall of text, but I think it's good. Thoughts?

That's pretty smart thinking, atm I don't have the currency for all the regrets and an Alpha's howl + Kaom's. You can try it and let me know how it feels! Maybe towards the end of the league ill just dumpster my currency and see how it does :)
Is this Atziri viable ?
yes
Any reason you're not using a Devoto's Devotion as your helm? It's pretty amazing for the build. Adds substantial clearspeed, fixes any dex issues, and has good chaos res. The loss of HP I think is made up for its other stats, even in a HC environment.
"
scalymanfish wrote:
Any reason you're not using a Devoto's Devotion as your helm? It's pretty amazing for the build. Adds substantial clearspeed, fixes any dex issues, and has good chaos res. The loss of HP I think is made up for its other stats, even in a HC environment.

You can get dex on jewelry / gloves, 15% attack speed wont be noticeable with a quill rain, get a chaos res helmet other res and life. Bam. Also you can easily get a helmet with 200-300 more armor.
Hello,

I'm currently level 44, a1 cruel.
Single targets are one hell of a kind though.

I have a 3L for single target: EA - SP - Conc Effect
The damage is ridiculously low.
So I added a Flame Totem with Culling Strike, Fire Penetration and Iron Will but still..
Especially rare Monsters take too much time to kill.
Its annoying.

Did I miss something? How to deal with single targets in particular?
"
djinnrah wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently level 44, a1 cruel.
Single targets are one hell of a kind though.

I have a 3L for single target: EA - SP - Conc Effect
The damage is ridiculously low.
So I added a Flame Totem with Culling Strike, Fire Penetration and Iron Will but still..
Especially rare Monsters take too much time to kill.
Its annoying.

Did I miss something? How to deal with single targets in particular?

You need a 4L at least for single target, with fire pen
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBA3UEswYOCfYLYQxfDjwUIBRNFHEWbxhWGJEaOBpsHKcc3CSqJbwnLyftLdIy0TWSNuk6UjrhPAU8LT38QYdFR0WdRtdN41BHU1JTpVWpWGNYd1nzW6BfBF8_Y_1mVGebaGVodGjyagFxhXIPcql2rHrmfA582YIHg1-DzIzPjxqQVZErkc6Ub5Sgl7Sa4J2unz6f36IAplenCKdVrKquPq9stz677byfwGbEWMT2xq7G2M9-1HzYvdl82mLbT9-_4MPjauRR6hjr7u8O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-Ov56PxL_gr-jw==

This will be the build I will be running. Marauder version, 243%life, 10.4regen from tree, and 11.6 with endurance charges up. 6 endurance charges, running rearguard and rumi's. going to save for a koams. With the 5 jewel slots and on average 6%life from each jewel, that will be 273%life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info