[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

I have several Rat´s Nests in std but as i have 93% Crit chance without it i feel like it would really be overkill. (Spells are 65% and 55% Critchance)

I also get 20% attackspeed from Frenzys allready so i feel the attack pseed on it isn´t needed that much?

My Resists atm are 146/160/160 in my ho and i could switch one Herald for a PoF to overcap more on Fire.

I thought about getting a rare helmet with Accuracy on it as i am at 91% now.

I just did a quick calculation and as you need to check accuracy twice to crit, 93% Crit and 91% Chance to hit is a "real crit chance" of 77,01 while 95% Crit + 90 Accuracy is 76,95.

Getting my Chance to hit to 92 would be 78,71 if i get a top accuracy roll i could even get up to 93% accuracy for a 80,43% real crit chance.

But i guess with monsters having lower evasion than the calculation in the char sheet that calculation maybe not true, would need datamined evasion values for lvl 79-82 monsters.

But still not sure if i´d need a Rat´s Nest considering the 5 charges and near capped crit i currently have.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Hello I'm back again with some questions!

1. Why do you prefer the barrage over kinetic blast?(aside from the mana cost)

2. Speaking of mana cost, is it better to leave the attack gem at level 1? Nevermind this one, just checked your gear and saw it at level 1.

3. What's the optimal attack time for the attack gem?

4. What was your CoH setup? Don't you use any?
Last edited by xanster29 on Aug 5, 2015, 12:01:45 AM
"
xanster29 wrote:

1: Barrage has lots lower Mana Cost and better singletarget abilitys.

4:He uses corrupted Gloves with "Curse enemies with Elemental weakness on hit"
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
"
xanster29 wrote:

Oh I see, didn't notice that one. Is elemental weakness better than assassin's mark in terms of total possible damage?
Considering doing this build when I respec my character and I was wondering about the survivability of the build. Is it good? Bad? Mediocre?
IGN: TrulyRighteous
"
I have several Rat´s Nests in std but as i have 93% Crit chance without it i feel like it would really be overkill. (Spells are 65% and 55% Critchance)

I also get 20% attackspeed from Frenzys allready so i feel the attack pseed on it isn´t needed that much?

My Resists atm are 146/160/160 in my ho and i could switch one Herald for a PoF to overcap more on Fire.

I thought about getting a rare helmet with Accuracy on it as i am at 91% now.

I just did a quick calculation and as you need to check accuracy twice to crit, 93% Crit and 91% Chance to hit is a "real crit chance" of 77,01 while 95% Crit + 90 Accuracy is 76,95.

Getting my Chance to hit to 92 would be 78,71 if i get a top accuracy roll i could even get up to 93% accuracy for a 80,43% real crit chance.

But i guess with monsters having lower evasion than the calculation in the char sheet that calculation maybe not true, would need datamined evasion values for lvl 79-82 monsters.

But still not sure if i´d need a Rat´s Nest considering the 5 charges and near capped crit i currently have.

Well like i said before rats is a luxury item and this build is 100% capable of working without it.Only in my own setup do i not use frenzy charges which is why rats seems even more desirable.Using an acc+res+life helm is a good substitute if you feel that you have a strong enough offensive setup.The good thing about this build is that no unique is 100% necessary to make it work,even the volls.However,what i am sharing is just what i feel is an optimal endgame setup.That aside,i have not tried a combination of gear such as yours and hence i cannot comment per se which is better.In fact,getting better defences might be even better.However,you should note that the global crit on rats affects your spell crit chance as well.With my gear,my fireball has 75% crit chance with full charges and if i switch to ice spear it would be well over 100% with the second form i think.

"
xanster29 wrote:
"
"
xanster29 wrote:

Oh I see, didn't notice that one. Is elemental weakness better than assassin's mark in terms of total possible damage?

Like zwei answered,KB is better for packs but utter trash for single target.I prefer to use a more rounded skill especially since single target mobs are usually much tougher i.e rares/bosses and need to be killed more quickly.KB just will not cut it for that.Sure you can use KB as your main and have a single target setup.However,you probably wont be able to fit life leech on there or gmp which lessens procs etc.

As for the optimal attack speed,i am sorry to say that i am not too sure how to do the calculations for it and it would be great if anyone could help chip in on this.

To answer which curse is better,i would measure them in terms of clear speed.For me,since i have curse on hit gloves,i do not have to spend 1-2 seconds casting a curse and then using my main skill.Honestly,with or without the curse i melt most rare and magic packs nearly instantly so cursing for me is kind of a waste of time when taking into account how fast i can clear the map.Only at bosses does it matter usually.

If you do not have curse on hit gloves then i think AM would be better than EW for damage.However if you are in a party and not many people use crit,EW may be better for the party overall.But just to reiterate,in practice i feel that auto cursing is the best.Use a HoT+CoH setup so you dont have to manually curse.That generally takes up more time which in reality 'lowers' your damage per SECOND.

"
ArcanePenguin wrote:
Considering doing this build when I respec my character and I was wondering about the survivability of the build. Is it good? Bad? Mediocre?

Hmm i would say its pretty average.As most coc characters are built to be dps machines,naturally our tanking abilities will have to be compromised.Unless you have fully mirrored gear,it is going to be very difficult to have both very high dps and defences.However,most of my deaths come from carelessness such as reflect or if i am reckless in an unsafe combination of mods like vulnerability+extra damage+beyond mobs.Those generally give me the biggest damage spikes.The upside is that due to the high dps nature of this build in combination with life leech,most of the damage done onto you will be absorbed back instantly as long as you hit a target.If you want a very safe build which almost never dies or is HC viable then i'd have to advice you to look at another build or adjust the tree to much more defensive nodes.Generally though,as long as you constantly flask up and use granites/jades and have a good amount of dodge,evasion based on auras you can switch about yourself,you will find yourself in a comfortable position.

If it is any comfort for you,i have gotten up to level 93 doing up to level 82 maps in warbands in about 2 weeks so this build can definitely do endgame mapping.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
I don´t know if you like a bit of DPS boasting, if yes you might want to use the "CoCulator" i made some time ago to calculate the CoC DPS.

With my Setup i get 116492 Singletarget DPS and 582462 AoE DPS. (calculate with 1 Projectile only and with all 5)

Using Facebreakers brings that number up to 636597 AoE.

Using Icespear instead of Lifeleech and using Facebreakers would turn out 991675 AoE DPS (lvl 19 Ice Spear, need to bring my standard spear back to 20...)

Edit: Just toying around with the Numbers, it seems that Ice Spear is lots better than Arctic Breath even at lvl 19 and not taking the 2nd Form critchance into account!

For my Setup singletarget with ice spear is 153356, seems just crazy...
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Aug 5, 2015, 11:02:14 AM
How do you deal with bosses while leveling this? I'm around 60 atm in act 2 merciless and it's pretty much impossible to do damage to single targets. When you have 95% crit, it somewhat works but at ~35% crit, it does not proc nearly enough. I was trying to kill Oak and ran out of pots and only got him down to around half life. Even in act 4 cruel, I ended up just partying up for the bosses because there is no way to kill them.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
When you have 95% crit, it somewhat works but at ~35% crit, it does not proc nearly enough.

Thats like asking "how do i kill Merciless Oak with a white Rusted Sword?"

If you only got 35% Crit Chance, you just don´t use CoC, simple as that.

Ontop of that you use Kinetic Blast, which is, as donong allready said, very poor for singletargets.

You are also not using Powercharges, so thats the reason why your crit is so low.

For this build you need a 6 Link with Power Charge on Critical Strike or a 5L Voll´s Protector. (Voll´s has build in Global Powercharge on crit)

All this is explained in the opening post.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Aug 6, 2015, 2:12:26 AM
Is a granite flask not important for this type of build?

OT: what was the kpop song in your video?
Last edited by xanster29 on Aug 6, 2015, 2:22:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info