[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

"
donong wrote:
new video up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG4PvzVNHSo&feature=youtu.be

showcasing how mods like enfeeble dont mean shit to this build :D

Nice video, only if it was better quality 720+ and why you have screen shake on?

1 question: Have you tried blood dance boots with +1frenzy charge corrupt instead of rat's nest? It's cheaper and prob give you more dmg. I'm easily sustaining frenzy charges while mapping and i took 2 more charges in tree the only sad thing is that regen has no efect due to vaal pact.
"
Proximi wrote:
"
donong wrote:

Nice video, only if it was better quality 720+ and why you have screen shake on?

1 question: Have you tried blood dance boots with +1frenzy charge corrupt instead of rat's nest? It's cheaper and prob give you more dmg. I'm easily sustaining frenzy charges while mapping and i took 2 more charges in tree the only sad thing is that regen has no efect due to vaal pact.

i cant record better quality sadly due to my pc.

hmm i havent thought of that before but off the top of my head why i wouldnt do the switch is because

1)i currently use atziri's step most of the time instead of my sexy rare boots so replacing step with blood dance means i sacrifice quite a bit of dodge.And there are no helmets with dodge.Then i cant do elemental weakness maps without having uncapped res.

2)Assuming no resist problems,my barrage crit% is just nice at 95.Removing 70+% global crit would reduce me to under 90% crit chance,which is quite about 10% of the procs i think.I'd guess that this would give or take reduce my overall dps by 10%.This excludes the consideration of the spell crit of FB and AB,although i guess 20% more damage from frenzy charges will override that.

3)again,for me in practice i doubt my clearspeed for packs of mobs is going to make a difference with the extra damage from the frenzy charges,and i will not be able to sustain those charges in longer boss fights especially when mapping and the boss has much more health.

However,if you mostly solo then i think it will be a very nice substitute if you use a very high local crit chance wand.All in all i think it will work (:
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
So I just managed to 6L my Voll (after 37 fusings...)
So now with my added Life Leech gem I find my self "oom" as soon as I have to kill of a solo monster.
I have a +3 ES on hit jool.

What am I doing wrong?
"
Kenjintheone wrote:
So I just managed to 6L my Voll (after 37 fusings...)
So now with my added Life Leech gem I find my self "oom" as soon as I have to kill of a solo monster.
I have a +3 ES on hit jool.

What am I doing wrong?

are you using barrage?with the 6l setup i showed you should have 17 mana cost.Against a single monster assuming every hit connects you should be leeching back 24 mana and hence have plenty to spare.Im not sure where your problem comes from.Check if you took EB or if your chance to hit is high enough.Link your gear here so i can see the problem

warbands
"
donong wrote:

I'm running your build (shit gear, not even a Voll's but a Tabula) and I need to say: "It's just fantastic.". Last season I made a CoC bow and thought that it would be dead with shotgun remove and changes on leech, but not an inch! Oo
Every single pack melt just like shit. Some maps (reflect) I just switch to one spell + leech and it runs VERY smooth. I'm looking forward for a Voll's 6L! *.*.
So sad that your PC doesn't support high quality to those videos. :(

But I have a question about this video with fire resist. It wouldn't have been better just change Fireball to an Ice spell? Like Ice Spear?

Sorry about my poor grammar (not my first language), but I think that you can understand. >.<
Last edited by Darkkaos on Aug 8, 2015, 9:01:25 AM
"
Darkkaos wrote:
"
donong wrote:

I'm running your build (shit gear, not even a Voll's but a Tabula) and I need to say: "It's just fantastic.". Last season I made a CoC bow and thought that it would be dead with shotgun remove and changes on leech, but not an inch! Oo
Every single pack melt just like shit. Some maps (reflect) I just switch to one spell + leech and it runs VERY smooth. I'm looking forward for a Voll's 6L! *.*.
So sad that your PC doesn't support high quality to those videos. :(

But I have a question about this video with fire resist. It wouldn't have been better just change Fireball to an Ice spell? Like Ice Spear?

Sorry about my poor grammar (not my first language), but I think that you can understand. >.<

Hey there glad to see you enjoying the build (:

Yes its fun to see everything in your path melt and the projectiles traveling ahead of you with pierce nodes :D
I am actually in the process of exploring new skill combinations and setting up another coc setup with a corrupted coc item for fun.will update the guide when im done.

You are right about changing spells.i do have a lv20 ice spear and i could have swapped.the reason i didnt do so is because as you saw there was virtually no difference in how fast i killed the packs and i was just lazy to change.if i was in a full party then i guess it would be a much more sensible choice to switch out fireball.

warbands
Thanks for all the help with the build! I really appreciate you taking the time to help us all out that have questions. Couple more for ya'!
I'm curious in the tree why you chose to grab the two int nodes to go upwards from Trickery near the Shadow start to move around into of going through one of the elemental damages. Since you've traveling you're technically paying one node for a 28% increase to either fire or ice damage, which seems like a pretty good deal when added to either freeze or ignite chance (although those are less important since we're critting so much) or is that one point saved more important than that damage increase?
Also curious why you choose to grab the skill point instead of the 8% attack speed in Cruel, I feel like 8% is a large enough amount to make it worth the point, or is the build just too starved on points to invest in that? I took the attack speed and already had to buy one book of regret (sleep killed Alira, rip 20 Regrets) and not sure if I should buy another one. Now that I'm higher level (81) I could see just how important each point is.
Also, isn't it technically possible to keep life leech at level 1 since we're using Vaal pact? I looked around for an answer but couldn't find a definite answer on the subject. I ask because I'm running quite low on strength and had to take the 30 node in the middle of the tree and I'd like to be able to refund that one way or another.
Any opinion on potentially speccing dual curses? It's 6 points to do so and the option for projectile weakness seems especially interesting since you could potentially run it with assassin's mark and then you'd have a ridiculous chance to pierce everything cursed while still doing more damage. I suppose the reason not to would be that that further increases the pack clearing speed while not doing much for single target where you need the help more.
Thanks again for all your help!
"
Would a dagger with high crit and spell damage work with this build? I was thinking of trying your build with a dagger that has something like 90% spell dmg, atk spd, and crit multi.

No it wouldn't work, because barrage is a range skill that only works with wands, and bows.
I thought it was kind of strange how you avoided all types of fire damage, and cold damage, is there a reason for this?
"
Ta1NteD wrote:
Thanks for all the help with the build! I really appreciate you taking the time to help us all out that have questions. Couple more for ya'!
I'm curious in the tree why you chose to grab the two int nodes to go upwards from Trickery near the Shadow start to move around into of going through one of the elemental damages. Since you've traveling you're technically paying one node for a 28% increase to either fire or ice damage, which seems like a pretty good deal when added to either freeze or ignite chance (although those are less important since we're critting so much) or is that one point saved more important than that damage increase?
Also curious why you choose to grab the skill point instead of the 8% attack speed in Cruel, I feel like 8% is a large enough amount to make it worth the point, or is the build just too starved on points to invest in that? I took the attack speed and already had to buy one book of regret (sleep killed Alira, rip 20 Regrets) and not sure if I should buy another one. Now that I'm higher level (81) I could see just how important each point is.
Also, isn't it technically possible to keep life leech at level 1 since we're using Vaal pact? I looked around for an answer but couldn't find a definite answer on the subject. I ask because I'm running quite low on strength and had to take the 30 node in the middle of the tree and I'd like to be able to refund that one way or another.
Any opinion on potentially speccing dual curses? It's 6 points to do so and the option for projectile weakness seems especially interesting since you could potentially run it with assassin's mark and then you'd have a ridiculous chance to pierce everything cursed while still doing more damage. I suppose the reason not to would be that that further increases the pack clearing speed while not doing much for single target where you need the help more.
Thanks again for all your help!

I havent updated the tree but i actually respeced those 2 int nodes into the dex node below quickness.This saves me 2 points which i rather use elsewhere.Like you said the points become increasingly more important as you level.

Yes you can keep life leech at level 1 im just leveling because there is no reason not to i guess.I did think of dual cursing before which is why i corrupted my amulet but it didnt change lol.As for now i cant decide which 6 points i am willing to sacrifice to get the extra curse and i cant imagine wanting to sacrifice those points.However if i did,i would definitely do warlords mark as a second curse.

Regarding the 8% attack speed and damage nodes etc,i feel that i can save those points and spec into a jewel slot which i can fill with a GG jewel like those i have.That would be more worth it.

"
flppyflip4 wrote:
I thought it was kind of strange how you avoided all types of fire damage, and cold damage, is there a reason for this?

I dodged or evaded those haha

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info