[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

First off i do not claim my build to be completely original as i believe most builds are just modifications or improvements or old ones. However,i made this from prior knowledge of other builds during beta and have continued to refine it in warbands.

For those who want to see endgame mapping in a group,here is a video of a 6 man level 80 map and showcasing the carry potential of the build.I died to reflect at the end of the video because i got sloppy and forgot to flask -.- Sorry about the kpop music in the background lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM8qxsp1RHE

NEW AOE SETUP WITH VIDEO AND WRITTEN EXPLANATION
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1tZs1_xpf0&feature=youtu.be

THIS SETUP IS NOT REQUIRED AT ALL FOR THIS BUILD AND IS ONLY AN ALTERNATIVE

So basically,some time back i was chatting with someone and he told me that there was no better combination for general clearspeed than kinetic blast+gmp+cold snap+ice spear.However,we all know that KB sucks for single target.But having tested out the coldsnap+IS combination i realised that it was marginally better than AB+FB for packs due to the autotargetting nature of cold snap.

Hence,i went to buy a pair of cast on crit facebreakers and changed the colors to get 3B1G.Basically,in those links i got KB+GMP+CS+IS.I use this for packs and when things get rough i switch to the usual AB+FB setup in volls for life leech.I use this to facetank too.Additionally,i switched assassin's mark for warlords in my HoT setup since i am not using the curse on hit ele weakness FBs currently.This is purely a personal choice and you can continue with AM if you want.I chose warlords for more mitigation.

Is this better?I dont really know since i dont have auto cursing gloves anymore in this setup but what i do know is that CS+IS is less harsh on fps and does seem to clear faster for PACKS.For single target i still got barrage.

Anyway,the video will give you a better picture of how it works.Obas too easy :P

If you are interested to test your clearspeed in a controlled environment go try and obas and see if you can complete it solo within the time limit

VIDEOS
Spoiler
Sorry for the stutters in some of the videos,first time doing this

Under 5 minute atziri run

NEW VIDEO!!!!!1 MINUTE LV81 PALACE DOMINUS KILL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3V2UEA73fg&feature=youtu.be

NEW VIDEO!ENFEEBLE+INCREASED MONSTER FIRE RES DPS SHOWCASE

Arid Lake run-skip to 1:30 to see boss die in less than 2 seconds

Necropolis run with fun mods

Very bad video of a shipyard run

READ THIS
Spoiler
I've seem and tried many other combination of spells in light of the shotgun nerf. Putting aside discharge coc builds, a lot of builds have stopped using GMP as they feel that it is much less effective before. This leads to combinations like EK+arc+glacial cascade etc which i have tried myself. While these combinations are okay,I feel that a 5 projectile build still clears faster than any other because of the additional procs gmp gives.And even with GMP,the tooltip damage of fireball and arctic breath are still higher than the tooltips of other spells.I know that tooltips are not fully representative of real dps/clearspeed but my point is that GMP COC still works better than many other variations of COC

This is pretty much a standard COC build using FIREBALL and ARCTIC BREATH with GMP. The attack used to proc the spells is barrage.

Why i decided to make a build is because throughout hosting maps up to level 93 in warbands quite a lot of people have asked about my build because the clearspeed was pretty insane,along with decent defenses.

Without further ado,

PROS&CONS
Spoiler
Pros
-Very high damage and clearspeed/movement speed with perma flasks with surgeons
-Can do all map mods(except for -max res+reflect)
-Infinite mana from the EB+energy shield gained on hit jewel combo
-Very high carry potential in high level groups

Cons
-Cant be done on toaster computers for obvious reasons
-FPS drops in parties unless you have a very good pc
-4k+life might not be enough very high into mapping.I am level 93 now and have died quite a few times due to various reasons.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Oak-skill point-power charge

HOW TO GET INFINITE MANA+POSSIBLE CWDT SETUP
Spoiler
If you take a look at my gem slots in the gear section below,you will see that i have many vaal skills used.These are just for convenience and luxury because i have a lot of access gem slots.The most important ones are the barrage setup,lightning warp setup,HoT setup,and HoI.Vaal summon skeletons/haste/grace i usually use for boss or strongbox encounters if necessary.If you find that you do not need any of these vaal gems you can consider using a CDWT setup of phase run+frost wall.I have not actually tried them yet but this is a combination that i have heard off from somewhere else.

For infinite mana,it is crucial to get the eldritch battery keystone.Using a voll's protector handicaps our mana but it doesnt matter at all.With the extremely low barrage mana cost even on a 6L,a 3ES gained on hit jewel allows you to pretty much endlessly spam attacks on an enemy as long as you hit it.Henceforth,combined with the usage of vaal pact,no regen or less regen maps are literally a non-issue because we are already simulating that playstyle from the start.

AURA SETUP(READ THIS!!!)
Spoiler
The usual aura set up would be [HoI+ice bite+culling+blind],[HoT+curse on hit+assassin's mark],and arctic armor.

However,i have recently come into contact with new gear.I decided to ditch my maligaros for a pair of curse on hit ele weakness facebreakers and that has allowed me to unlink curse on hit from HoT. Moreover,since the HoI combination does not proc frequently,i decided to let it go.Thus,my current mana reservation left is 50%(25 from AA and 25 from HoT/I depending on your choice).This leaves me with 50% unused mana which i can now choose to run either anger or purity of fire.If you run PoF,with a rise of the phoenix/saffels and using ruby flasks,you will be able to consistently run righteous fire.

MAPPING GEAR
Spoiler

New setup with better AOE(only if you have a lot of excess currency)(NOT REQUIRED USUAL BUILD STILL WORKS GREAT)
Spoiler

ATZIRI GEAR
Spoiler

FLASKS
Spoiler

This set up gives me ele weakness capped res in maps along with my jewels.

For my jewels,
Spoiler

The most important things to look for are life,spell damage,accuracy,crit multi and resists which you need to overcap.

BUDGET SECTION
Spoiler
If you have seen my videos,evidently the clearspeed of this build is relatively fast compared to most other builds,as are most COC builds i guess.However,i feel that many builds tend to not showcase endgame or higher level mapping enough.This build will allow you to do so with a budget as low as under 10ex.

For the helmet,instead of using rat's nest,consider starkonja's instead.It has less crit and APS but a lot more life.This allows you to take 1 or 2 less life nodes on the tree or jewels and spec into more crit nodes.The good thing about the tree is that it is highly flexible and the 5 jewel slots i use are not mandatory.

For the chest,6L volls is ideal of course.If you cannot afford that look toward a tabula or 5L volls.If you use a 5L volls,just drop a spell or life leech up to you.If you use a tabula,you can choose to do the same or to drop power charge on crit.You will then ask how to gain power charges.This is simple.Herald of thunder linked to curse on hit and assassin's mark will trigger AM often and help you regain power charges.However,this is not ideal for boss fights so do not expect to rely on it constantly.Alternatively,what i did before i got a 6l volls was to use the exact same setup(2 spells+life leech),and use ice spear+faster casting+GMP+PCOC to proc power charges.This can be tedious and troublesome sometimes but you'll get used to it.

For wands,look for anything with 1.5aps and 10.5 local crit and higher with 50+spell damage.Spell crit and multi are nice to have and can be master crafted.For a start look to http://poe.trade/search/wougadutazinar

For the shield,there are a lot options to choose from.A shield similar to the one im using but with no res or less life/crit/damage(either one) can cost anything from 10c-1ex++.If you want better defences,saffel's frame is nice to have as well.If you want to experiment with using ROTP and righteous fire at boss fights,feel free to do so but i have not tried that yet.

For gloves,this is just a pure dps stat slot.Maligaros are nice to have but imo facebreakers are just as good,if not better an option for the damage boost.Shitty rolled ones cost as low as 1c so there's that.If you find yourself needing more resists and life,get a pair of well rolled rare gloves.Those should not cost too much.If you get more resists and life here,you can cut back on those stats on jewels and rings/boots allowing you more choices as well.Again,gloves are just pure dps boosts so if you find yourself churning out enough damage and want more EHP,then get a rare pair.

As for the rings belts and boots,just get as much life and resists on them as possible.Get at least 300+accuracy on one ring by level 90 with the appropriate amount of accuracy nodes.You will want at least 87% chance to hit as a bare minimum.Use diamond rings wherever possible of course.

Finally,for the amulet,look for spell damage+crit+crit multi+life.Life is the most important and you can sacrifice spell damage or multi for it.

AURA/HERALDS

For aura,i use arctic armor only.For heralds,i use HoT and HoI. The links can be found on the shield and boots slot under gear section.

STATS TO LOOK FOR

Spoiler
Helmet
Spoiler
I use rat's nest but you if you cannot afford it just use a starkonja's. It has less crit and attack speed but provides an insane amount of life.

Chest
Spoiler
Volls is necessary but a 6L is not.With a 5L,you can drop either life leech or one spell up to your preference.

Gloves
Spoiler
Maligaros isnt cheap either so if you cannot afford it use a facebreakers.The dps output is even greater than maligaros to be honest and it is so much cheaper.If you need more life and res you can drop dps in place of that too

Rings
Spoiler
Ideally both will be diamond rings but if you need the resists go for it.Look out for life and resists+accuracy those are all we need.

Belt
Spoiler
Just a stat stick to get life and resists.You probably need a strength belt for requirements.

Amulet
Spoiler
Look for life,global crit chance,and crit multi.Spell damage is a bonus.

Boots
Spoiler
For normal mapping,get a life+tri res+MS pair of boots.For atziri,atziri's steps are better.

Shield
Spoiler
Shields can get very expensive because all the stats are important but what you want is high spell damage,spell crit chance,life and resists.I would prioritise life.

Wand
Spoiler
Look for a 1.5+APS wand with 10.5 local crit at least to be safe.Naturally we want the best combination of spell damage,spell crit,and crit multi. Prioritise crit multi over spell crit

PICTURES OF STATS
Barrage

Fireball GMP

Arctic Breath GMP

Defences
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/YnS44EO.jpg
A note on my defences. They aren't the best but i use vaal pact+life leech gem so that provides a lot of mitigation in a sense.The insane damage output allows me to facetank double merveils in necropolis maps with -max res mods.

PASSIVE TREE

LEVELING TREE
Spoiler
I leveled as a caster before switching to atziri.It is very painful to level slowly but once you transition things should become much much faster.

First 30 points
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBx4HYw5IEZYWvxvIJpU2PUV8SVFQQlVLXfJh4mKsbIxwUnDVidOMNpUul5edqqIutDjLveOE5Rnw1fv1

First 50 points
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBx4HYw5ID6sRlha_G8gkiyaVKls2PUV8SVFLV1BCUuxVS13yX7Bh4mKsbIxvnnBScNV3B4JegwmExYcTidOMNpUul5ebtZyknaqiLrQ4tMXA48LswzrKSsu944TlGfDV8bP79Q==

First 75 points(This is where you should transition into COC to speed up levelling)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBbUHHg3RDkgPqxGWFr8byCBuI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpbLR8wfDY9RXxJUUtXTLNNklAwUEJRR1LsVUtd8l-wYeJirGNDakNrF2yMb55wUnDVdwd_xoIegl6DCYTFhxOJ04w2jX2Nv5UglS6Xl5u1nKSdqqIuoqO0OLTFvOrAVMDjwfPC7MM6ykrbC-OE5RnnVPDV8bP79f_e

First 100 points(Getting more crit/multi/accuracy and acro/P.acro)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBbUHHg3RDkgPqw_EEZYWvxvIIG4j9iSLJP0mlSo4KlstHzBxMHw2PTfUOkI7fEGWRXxJUUtXS3hMs02SUDBQQlFHUuxVS13yX7Bh4mKsY0NknWpDaxdsjG-ecFJw1XcHf8aCHoJegwmExYcTidOMC4w2jX2Nv4_6lSCVLpeXm7WcpJ2qoi6io6R4rrO0OLTFuMq5fLzqwFTA48HVwfPC7MM6ykrQH9D11CPbC92o3vjjhOUZ51Tr9eyw7T_v6_DV8bPyHfv1_94=

First 114 points(Basically this is where i am at right now.Given 7 more points i would spec into EE.I could also do it right now if i sacrifice a huge chunk of crit/damage/life/jewel nodes which i do not feel are worth it atm.If i level up a few more times i would just take jewel nodes)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBAcFtQceDdEOSA-rD8QRlha_GoEajRvIIG4j9iSLJP0mlSo4KlstHzBxMHw2PTfUOkI6WDt8QZZFfElRS1dLeEyzTZJQMFBCUUdRdFLsVUtVxlsmXfJfsGHiYqxjQ2pDaxdsjG-ecFJw1XcHf8Z_-4Iegl6DCYPbhMWHE4nTjAuMNo19jb-P-pUglS6Xl5u1nKSdqqIuoqOkeKaZrrO0OLTFuMq5fLmTvOrAVMDjwdXB88LswwnDOspKz93QH9D11CPbC9te3aje-OOE5RnnVOv17LDtP-_r8NXxivGz8h379f_e

A note on mapping,mana management,and atziri
Spoiler
Generally,there are no map mods i cannot do including blood magic and no regen. My barrage mana cost is 17 and i use EB in my build,along with a 3ES gained on hit jewel.This pretty much provides me with infinite mana as long as i hit enemies.In practice,there are very few instances where i actually run out of mana to spam barrage.Map mods like enfeeble or increased mob resistance do very little to dampen the clearspeed.Only in one instance where the mods included enfeeble/80% mob fire res/80% mob cold res did my dps pummel like crazy.

I can easily do Atziri deathless and it is all a matter of practice.The vaals die in about 3-4 seconds each of spamming if that is any benchmark of the dps output for single targets.I am still in the midst of experimenting with use righteous fire with RoTP/Saffels. Have not tried uber but i do not think i can at this point.

WANDS FOR SALE
Spoiler
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
Last edited by donong on Aug 8, 2015, 6:00:12 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 1:31:26 PM
Looks really nice.

I'm gonna try this one out! =)
I'm running one very similar to this. One thing to consider is Elemental Equilibrium. As your spells land, Fireball technically hits first, applying EE. Then Arctic Breath hits at the increased damage, and buffs fire damage. Boom. The next Fireball hits. It's a huge damage increase.

All in all, I'm jealous of your gear, and your mana regen with that jewel is genius. I'm buyins one for myself asap. Cheers!
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
I'm running one very similar to this. One thing to consider is Elemental Equilibrium. As your spells land, Fireball technically hits first, applying EE. Then Arctic Breath hits at the increased damage, and buffs fire damage. Boom. The next Fireball hits. It's a huge damage increase.

All in all, I'm jealous of your gear, and your mana regen with that jewel is genius. I'm buyins one for myself asap. Cheers!

Hi thank you for checking out my build!Yes i have considered using EE before but the number of points required to get there seemed too costly to me in terms of opportunity cost.However,i will revisit this possibility again.Keep in mind that i am using 5 jewels,a number much higher than average for most builds.These points are very interchangeable bases on what suits your needs.I have taken a considerable amount of crit multi nodes and those are just excessive damage nodes because i can.If you wanted to go EE it shouldnt be too difficult to do so.

I also just want to add that while this build may seem very costly because of my gear,in reality it can be done well under a 10ex budget.A lot of my expense comes from the desire to have ele weakness capped resists,but you dont really need that while running most maps.Again,this is just pure luxury because i have nothing else to spend on.I will add a budget section/guide when i get home and will probably record 1 or 2 videos to properly showcase the build as well.I have run up to level 80 and 81 maps without any problems and i will try to showcase some of that.

warbands
Just added some videos!sorry for the subpar quality will try to upload another one again!Also,i want to re-emphasize that this build can be done with much cheaper gear than what i have.I will be writing a budget section right now!

warbands
Just added a budget section and one more arid lake video!Killed the boss in about 1 second there skip to 1:30 for that.Feel free to ask any questions here or pm me in game@JaqenHghar (:

warbands
Bandits?
"
pigret wrote:
Bandits?

i just added that in!oak-point-power charge

warbands
Added a new video for those who want to see endgame group mapping and how the damage output of this build is able to carry parties for the most part.Link is at the very top!

warbands
Would a dagger with high crit and spell damage work with this build? I was thinking of trying your build with a dagger that has something like 90% spell dmg, atk spd, and crit multi.
Last edited by Inflictive on Jul 31, 2015, 12:28:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info