[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

why so many points spends on spell crit ?

why not this tree ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcFtQceCaAN0Q5ID6sPxBGWFLAWvxqNG8ggbiP2JIsk_SaVJ6kqOCpbLR8wcTB8Nj031DpCOlg7fD9zRXxJUUtXS3hMs02SUDBQQlFHUuxVS1XGWyZd8l-wYeJirGNDakNrF2yMbOdvnnBScNV3B3_Gf_uCHoJegwmD24TFhxOJ04wLjDaNfY2_j_qVIJUul5eaYZu1nKSdqqIuoqOkeLQ4tMW4yrl8vOq-7sBUwOPB1cHzwuzDOsfKyUTKSs5wz93QH9Qj2wvbXt2o3vjjhOUZ51TssO0_7-vw1fGK8bP79f_e?accountName=donong&characterName=JaqenHghar
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
why so many points spends on spell crit ?

why not this tree ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcFtQceCaAN0Q5ID6sPxBGWFLAWvxqNG8ggbiP2JIsk_SaVJ6kqOCpbLR8wcTB8Nj031DpCOlg7fD9zRXxJUUtXS3hMs02SUDBQQlFHUuxVS1XGWyZd8l-wYeJirGNDakNrF2yMbOdvnnBScNV3B3_Gf_uCHoJegwmD24TFhxOJ04wLjDaNfY2_j_qVIJUul5eaYZu1nKSdqqIuoqOkeLQ4tMW4yrl8vOq-7sBUwOPB1cHzwuzDOsfKyUTKSs5wz93QH9Qj2wvbXt2o3vjjhOUZ51TssO0_7-vw1fGK8bP79f_e?accountName=donong&characterName=JaqenHghar

Because those nodes only affect wand critical strike chances,and hence only increase my barrage's crit chance and NOT fireball/AB's crit.Even without maligaros i have 95% capped crit chance with barrage so it is pointless for me to take any more of those nodes.Even the increased damage% with wands does not affect spells.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
I only have a budget for 5-Link Voll's right now, would you recommend dropping Life Leech, or a spell (and which spell would you drop?) Additionally, if I do end up dropping Life Leech, would I want to avoid Vaal Pact? I can't seem to find any life leech other than the gem.
"
Rush042 wrote:
I only have a budget for 5-Link Voll's right now, would you recommend dropping Life Leech, or a spell (and which spell would you drop?) Additionally, if I do end up dropping Life Leech, would I want to avoid Vaal Pact? I can't seem to find any life leech other than the gem.

Personally,i would try dropping life leech first when doing low level maps.taking away one spell is effectively halving your dps.if you get hit often,bring with you surgeons life flasks and you should be fine until you hit higher tier maps where things get harder.if you have to drop a spell,i would say to drop fireball.although its is higher,arctic breath freezes stuff when it crits which also makes it a good defensive strategy.and yes without life leech dont bother with vaalpact!

warbands
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
I'm running one very similar to this. One thing to consider is Elemental Equilibrium. As your spells land, Fireball technically hits first, applying EE. Then Arctic Breath hits at the increased damage, and buffs fire damage. Boom. The next Fireball hits. It's a huge damage increase.

All in all, I'm jealous of your gear, and your mana regen with that jewel is genius. I'm buyins one for myself asap. Cheers!

If you run heralds the fireball will have fire dmg, cold dmg and lightning dmg, increasing the resists of all 3 with EE.
Ahh yes that is correct too i did not think about that for some reason.thank god i didnt take EE then!

warbands
can we use kinetic blast instead of barrage?
Why not use a bow? just curious :)
and why not use something like spectral throw and a dagger? :)_
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Last edited by Gr0bbs on Aug 3, 2015, 11:45:45 PM
Hey! Just wanted to say thanks!

Was hesitating to waste a respec to try Projectile CoC after the Shotgun nerf, your Videos made me do it and its still working really well.

Just love the look of GMP Dragon Fireball + Arctic Breath, was so sad that i´d never play it again.. and now i can play it again and even kill Atziri without any trouble like in the old days, just great!

I modified the tree a little to get up to 5 Frenzy Charges and use Frenzy-GMP-CoH-Ele Weakness to keep the charges up.

I don´t know if the Jewel Sockets would be better, but i don´t have many Jewels to roll in Standard atm so i just went with the charges.

Another possible option would have been to go for the Charisma Cluster to run Grace/Haste/Anger+ 1 Herald + 1 Purity.

Tree+Gear atm:
Spoiler

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Why not use a bow? just curious :)
and why not use something like spectral throw and a dagger? :)_

If you use a bow you will have to use a quiver too.Neither of those can roll spell damage/crit mods which are very important for the build especially at endgame.Spectral throw is good for packs of mobs but shit for single target as compared to barrage.The same goes for KB.The number of procs on a single target is much higher with barrage as compared to the rest.It is a personal choice to use an all purpose proc skill rather than one with advantages in packs but disadvantages at a single target.I answered this before but cyclone is mostly only good for discharge too and it is safer to play from a distance+less FPS drops.

"
Hey! Just wanted to say thanks!

Was hesitating to waste a respec to try Projectile CoC after the Shotgun nerf, your Videos made me do it and its still working really well.

Just love the look of GMP Dragon Fireball + Arctic Breath, was so sad that i´d never play it again.. and now i can play it again and even kill Atziri without any trouble like in the old days, just great!

I modified the tree a little to get up to 5 Frenzy Charges and use Frenzy-GMP-CoH-Ele Weakness to keep the charges up.

I don´t know if the Jewel Sockets would be better, but i don´t have many Jewels to roll in Standard atm so i just went with the charges.

Another possible option would have been to go for the Charisma Cluster to run Grace/Haste/Anger+ 1 Herald + 1 Purity.

Tree+Gear atm:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey there thanks for checking out my build too!Yeah initially i thought the shotgun nerf would be a problem but turns out it is still really strong if built right.After realising my performance of this build at endgame,i now realise why they had to remove shotgun.It would be too OP otherwise.

I havent really tried a frenzy setup because it seems very tedious to do.I prefer shooting the main spell directly into the pack instead of cursing it first.That's why before i was using my curse on hit ele weakness facebreakers,i was using s HoT+CoH+AM setup.Im running 2 heralds+AA now but can drop a herald for anger.Why i don't do that is because even with the es on hit jewel there will be occasions where i run out of mana if i miss a target and i need some backup juice.Only go for jewel sockets if you had jewels good enough that override what else you can possibly attain on the tree.

warbands
Last edited by donong on Aug 4, 2015, 1:52:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info