[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

Hey I'd just like to ask if you have tried magma orb? And is fireball really superior against it?
"
xanster29 wrote:
Hey I'd just like to ask if you have tried magma orb? And is fireball really superior against it?

Yeah i have tried it but for magma orb you're gonna need chain to realise its full potential.I prefer fireball because it has a higher range than magma orb,allowing you to kill stuff off screen before you even reach there.If you want to achieve similar range with MO you will need chain which then requires you to sacrifice another gem slot.

Also,if you look at my tree i have 30% pierce,which is a lot especially when you use COC.This is 'similar' to the MO+chain effect of hitting further enemies already.Pierce has absolutely no effect on MO so using it would be a waste.If you want to use MO a better spell to go along with it would be ball lightning and knockback jewels.Why i prefer my own build is because ball lightning travels far slower than other projectiles and with my level of gear by the time BL actually reaches the target they are dead anyway so it becomes obsolete in a sense.Fireball and AB travel at almost the same speed which make them a nice combination.An alternative would be ice spear as well.Lesser base damage and aoe but a higher chance to crit.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
donong wrote:
"
xanster29 wrote:

Yeah i have tried it but for magma orb you're gonna need chain to realise its full potential.I prefer fireball because it has a higher range than magma orb,allowing you to kill stuff off screen before you even reach there.If you want to achieve similar range with MO you will need chain which then requires you to sacrifice another gem slot.

Also,if you look at my tree i have 30% pierce,which is a lot especially when you use COC.This is 'similar' to the MO+chain effect of hitting further enemies already.Pierce has absolutely no effect on MO so using it would be a waste.If you want to use MO a better spell to go along with it would be ball lightning and knockback jewels.Why i prefer my own build is because ball lightning travels far slower than other projectiles and with my level of gear by the time BL actually reaches the target they are dead anyway so it becomes obsolete in a sense.Fireball and AB travel at almost the same speed which make them a nice combination.An alternative would be ice spear as well.Lesser base damage and aoe but a higher chance to crit.

Wow what a quick response, thanks!
Why you using wand with this build instead of Dagger?
Or would the wand give more crit instead of the current dagger i got atm?

Last edited by Moksu on Aug 4, 2015, 5:21:50 AM
mate, try using barrage with a dagger :D
"
donong wrote:

"

Tree+Gear atm:

Hey there thanks for checking out my build too!Yeah initially i thought the shotgun nerf would be a problem but turns out it is still really strong if built right.After realising my performance of this build at endgame,i now realise why they had to remove shotgun.It would be too OP otherwise.

I havent really tried a frenzy setup because it seems very tedious to do.I prefer shooting the main spell directly into the pack instead of cursing it first.That's why before i was using my curse on hit ele weakness facebreakers,i was using s HoT+CoH+AM setup.Im running 2 heralds+AA now but can drop a herald for anger.Why i don't do that is because even with the es on hit jewel there will be occasions where i run out of mana if i miss a target and i need some backup juice.Only go for jewel sockets if you had jewels good enough that override what else you can possibly attain on the tree.

Don´t know why but your reply was hidden in double spoilers O.o

Would also like to hear your oppinion what gear i should try to upgrade first from what i currently have.

Frenzy can get a bit tedious,but once you get in the rotation of the skills it´s ok.
Just get the Frenzy up on the first pack then one frenzy every 2nd pack.

I thought about buying some CoH Facebreakers but my Chance to hit gets so low without the Accuracy on my gloves,perhapse i could get a amulet with accuracy on it but the one i have is really nice for all other stats :-/ Guess i could also search for a Helmet with good Accuracy...

I see that you only have Accuracy on one Ring, whats your accuracy rating?
Did i miss any Accuracy nodes on the tree?

@ Everyone asking about Bows:

I played a Windripper CoC before the Shotgun nerf.
Even then it was really hard to get the damage high enough, as you don´t get damage from your Weapon Slots. It´s fancy and was doable but now i don´t think it will work anymore.
If any one wants to check pre 2.0 Bow CoC in all its Shotgun Glory:
https://youtu.be/ZcAnVY7sNsM
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Aug 4, 2015, 7:41:12 AM
Thank you very much for the summary of the build
It's fun to feel powerful !!

I would bring my following ideas that go well.

1- For those not you have a good wand, use the PISCATOR WAND

2- Needless Voll's Protector............ is important to have a body 6L, so I recommend using the you have, and if not possible, tabula rasa......always 6L (3G+2B+1R)

3- Can generate power charges by the curse Assessin' Mark very fast. I use CoH + BALL LIG. + GMP + Assassin's Mark

4- VERY IMPORTANT the +3 ES by HIT in JEWEL

5- Other sockets in item ......... what you like to ensure protection

6- The challenge of the build is in getting good jewel with spell dmg, elemental dmg% max.life, ES by hit, attack speed ..... the ultimate in those 6 equipped jewel!!

Ty

Last edited by ILAYAS on Aug 4, 2015, 8:00:03 AM
"
Moksu wrote:
Why you using wand with this build instead of Dagger?
Or would the wand give more crit instead of the current dagger i got atm?

like the person below you said,daggers cannot use barrage as a skill,which would then make the build very different from what it is at its core.

warbands
"
"
donong wrote:

"

Tree+Gear atm:

Hey there thanks for checking out my build too!Yeah initially i thought the shotgun nerf would be a problem but turns out it is still really strong if built right.After realising my performance of this build at endgame,i now realise why they had to remove shotgun.It would be too OP otherwise.

I havent really tried a frenzy setup because it seems very tedious to do.I prefer shooting the main spell directly into the pack instead of cursing it first.That's why before i was using my curse on hit ele weakness facebreakers,i was using s HoT+CoH+AM setup.Im running 2 heralds+AA now but can drop a herald for anger.Why i don't do that is because even with the es on hit jewel there will be occasions where i run out of mana if i miss a target and i need some backup juice.Only go for jewel sockets if you had jewels good enough that override what else you can possibly attain on the tree.

Don´t know why but your reply was hidden in double spoilers O.o

Would also like to hear your oppinion what gear i should try to upgrade first from what i currently have.

Frenzy can get a bit tedious,but once you get in the rotation of the skills it´s ok.
Just get the Frenzy up on the first pack then one frenzy every 2nd pack.

I thought about buying some CoH Facebreakers but my Chance to hit gets so low without the Accuracy on my gloves,perhapse i could get a amulet with accuracy on it but the one i have is really nice for all other stats :-/ Guess i could also search for a Helmet with good Accuracy...

I see that you only have Accuracy on one Ring, whats your accuracy rating?
Did i miss any Accuracy nodes on the tree?

@ Everyone asking about Bows:

I played a Windripper CoC before the Shotgun nerf.
Even then it was really hard to get the damage high enough, as you don´t get damage from your Weapon Slots. It´s fancy and was doable but now i don´t think it will work anymore.
If any one wants to check pre 2.0 Bow CoC in all its Shotgun Glory:
https://youtu.be/ZcAnVY7sNsM

Sorry for taking so long to reply!looking at your gear i think what you should do is to get more resists on your tree/jewels/rings and then upgrade to a rat's nest.Seeing that you play standard,it should not be too expensive to obtain one.Why i say you should get a rats is because it is the endgame helmet BiS for this build.Once you have the key fixed pieces of your gear locked down,it will be much easier for you to see what other gear you need.The rare equipment in the build should complement the uniques pieces and never the other way around.Rats will give you an insane boost to dps and has a good chunk of evasion on it too.

The place where you are going to be able to get the most resists are your belt,rings,shield(might need to sacrifice dps),and boots(if you dont use atziri's step).Try to get as much life on these as possible too.With my build and some accuracy% from jewels,coupled with my ring with 300+acc and ice golem,i have a combined 90% chance to hit,which i feel is enough.Even if the golem dies,i have 88% iirc.As long as you follow the exact number of accuracy nodes+jewels on my tree and have at least 300+acc on gear,you will not have accuracy problems

warbands
"
ILAYAS wrote:
Thank you very much for the summary of the build
It's fun to feel powerful !!

I would bring my following ideas that go well.

1- For those not you have a good wand, use the PISCATOR WAND

2- Needless Voll's Protector............ is important to have a body 6L, so I recommend using the you have, and if not possible, tabula rasa......always 6L (3G+2B+1R)

3- Can generate power charges by the curse Assessin' Mark very fast. I use CoH + BALL LIG. + GMP + Assassin's Mark

4- VERY IMPORTANT the +3 ES by HIT in JEWEL

5- Other sockets in item ......... what you like to ensure protection

6- The challenge of the build is in getting good jewel with spell dmg, elemental dmg% max.life, ES by hit, attack speed ..... the ultimate in those 6 equipped jewel!!

Ty

Thank you for checking it out too!Yes the satisfaction from melting everything in your path like butter gives quite a rush.Luckily,it isnt difficult at all to get an entry level coc wand with 1.5+aps and 10.5+crit with some spell damage/crit or multi on it.Other than that i would definitely want to emphasize how point 4 is one of the most important.The build will not function without it.For number 6 yeah i agree since i took 5 jewel nodes in the tree,i made sure they were the best i could get.I actually exalted two of those jewels to get area damage and wand attack speed by luck.But generally,it should be pretty cheap to get a 2 stat jewel+regal or a premade 3 stat jewel with decent pricing and stats.

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info