Maps drop are okay

Content isn't gated behind RNG as much as it is currency. You can easily get a large pool of maps if you have enough money for it.

Also, if you're struggling to sustain 74 maps, you're doing something extremely wrong. All day I see people complaining about this shit. You're obviously not rolling maps correctly when there are plenty of better players out there who sustain a high level map pool.

70-78. heavily RNG dictated? no.
79-82. RNG? yes.

And in my opinion, that's fine. I don't enjoy chaining courtyards and palaces for 5 days in a row. I'd much rather chain the current 78 maps and move up into the higher tier every once in a while. The content is more challenging right now IF you want it to be.

People have a different idea on how the map system should be compared to what GGG thinks. Sometimes, the developer knows best.

Last edited by mathiasmmh on Jul 29, 2015, 10:07:05 AM
The problem I've been encountering is that the whole "Risk V Reward" thing is broken. I don't have a ton of time to play, just a few hours after work tops and some on the weekends, but I've slowly been building my map pool up to 73 now.

From what I've experienced:

- *runs insane rippy map with every possible mob dmg modifier, 100+ Quantity, no maps drop*
- *runs transmuted/alted/augmented blue maps, get tons of maps*

As I said, I haven't run any maps over 73 yet so I can't speak past that, but so far I've had far more success in building my map pool from blue maps than I have from rip-tastic yellow maps. (And btw I'm not alching/chaos these yellow maps, I get them from drops in BLUE maps or from corrupting Cartographers)

So to sum up:

"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.
"
ElChivoDiablo wrote:
The problem I've been encountering is that the whole "Risk V Reward" thing is broken. I don't have a ton of time to play, just a few hours after work tops and some on the weekends, but I've slowly been building my map pool up to 73 now.

From what I've experienced:

- *runs insane rippy map with every possible mob dmg modifier, 100+ Quantity, no maps drop*
- *runs transmuted/alted/augmented blue maps, get tons of maps*

As I said, I haven't run any maps over 73 yet so I can't speak past that, but so far I've had far more success in building my map pool from blue maps than I have from rip-tastic yellow maps. (And btw I'm not alching/chaos these yellow maps, I get them from drops in BLUE maps or from corrupting Cartographers)

So to sum up:

"

About the same goes for higher level. Just ran a blue 76 Underground River with just More Magic Monsters/Have Bloodline and the results

lvl 75 Dark Forest
lvl 77 Plateau
"
vachadavid wrote:
"
Ezaspi wrote:
"

You are the perfect example of what i was saying, your in full MF gear and probably gets one shot to anything hard, so lets presume you run easy map.
You dont want difficulty, you are just greedy, you want to be able to clear the hardest content with all out mf gear

Map drops ARE fine

I am level 91 and im chaining 150+ quantity maps (i had some 190% quantity with rares AND magic monsters) and im still at level 75 maps.

I havent even seen a level 80 map yet.
Its not fine, even if what you say about noobs rolling shitty maps is true.

You need very good RNG to be lucky to find a few 77+ maps.
You had that RNG and are jumping to conclusions that it is fine.

The fact that i havent even seen a level 80 map yet with this character is a complete joke.

I recorded some of these 150% quantity suicide maps if you wanna see them.
Last edited by gh0un on Jul 29, 2015, 11:17:41 AM
"

You have my Axe!
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
"
mathiasmmh wrote:
Content isn't gated behind RNG as much as it is currency. You can easily get a large pool of maps if you have enough money for it.

Also, if you're struggling to sustain 74 maps, you're doing something extremely wrong. All day I see people complaining about this shit. You're obviously not rolling maps correctly when there are plenty of better players out there who sustain a high level map pool.

70-78. heavily RNG dictated? no.
79-82. RNG? yes.

And in my opinion, that's fine. I don't enjoy chaining courtyards and palaces for 5 days in a row. I'd much rather chain the current 78 maps and move up into the higher tier every once in a while. The content is more challenging right now IF you want it to be.

People have a different idea on how the map system should be compared to what GGG thinks. Sometimes, the developer knows best.

You might be right but there has yet a solid point to be made in favour of RNG gated content.

# It does NOT serve as a currency sink. Currency is being sunk, but what's the point?

- Alchs: you only need one
- Chaos: there are plenty around anyway, and it's hard to imagine it having any effect on the economy
- Chisels: they are not "currency", and if not for the RNG gated maps you wouldn't need them anyway
- Sacs/Vaal orbs: No sink needed

# It makes people want to play harder mods - but why not just make maps harder in the first place? People want to progress, and they want good drops, that's in the nature of the game. If not for the "shackles" of RNG, players could choose between playing a white level 82 map or a 150%+ level 70 map, or anything in-between. They could find their own balance between difficulty, progress, and increased drops.

# It FORCES people to trade. I can see nothing good in shoehorning players into trading. Really, what's good about it?

# In a competitive game, it gives an undeniable random element to progress. What's good about that? And what's good about streamers getting "bro-deals" and presents and all kinds of other benefits, and by that are basically unbeatable by non-streamers?

Maybe I'm too dumb or too biased to see it, but where is the benefit?
Last edited by Jojas on Jul 29, 2015, 12:14:52 PM
I sold 28 UG rivers and 6 gorges today, I'm planning on selling plateus later, I have about 15 residence maps for sale, and somehow I'm only replenishing my supply, I run 60-90 quantity maps depending on what the alch orbs give me and I only corb TC/Noregen, the main problem with people sinking insane amount of currency in mapping is the fact that its a cost that is never gonna give you the return you would expect from such an investment, you are better off running 8X bad and cheap 73 than 2X good, extremely costly 73 as it gives better return map drop wise, and will be cheaper.
The fact of the matter is, and its been said time and time again, GGG DOES NOT CARE if it takes you 5 years of running yellow chiseled lvl73 maps over and over (fun or not) to reach level 100. THEY DO CARE if you get to 100 in a few days.

Gating higher end content with WEALTH (because of RNG) is their solution to that. After reading endless comments on how angry and frustrated ex-fans of this game are because of it, and not making any changes drives home the point that they do not care.

Yes, you can level your toon with 73 maps. Yes it will take a long time. GGG (and others here) are saying "Learn to make a lot of currency off of others, learn to group with others, or grind grind grind."
"

Gotta QFT - stuck at around 74 maps at the moment, never had any problems clearing any of them completely (always chis/alc for 95%+ 74+ maps).

I get making 80+ maps super rare, but I don't see why I should be unable to chain 75-77 maps when I'm fully chis/alcing for 95%+. As it stands, being stuck in 74 maps at level 87, facerolling all content, is not challenging at all - just boring. I want to be able to roll maps that are challenging for my character, and I can't when I'm stuck in 74 maps. I don't give two fancy dumps about hitting level 100, I end most of my builds at 85-88, but I DO want a rewarding experience with those characters (challenge and a chance at rare drops). Not to mention, losing some of my very few 75 maps to server disconnects is a rage-inducer for sure.
Last edited by Funkdubious on Jul 29, 2015, 1:03:23 PM
"

Preach it!
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info