Maps drop are okay

"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.

Too late to quote this post? :)

1)Chiz to %20
2)Alc to 80-100+%
3)Run retardedly easy map for my level
4)Get ZERO above level maps.
5)Repeat

Last night I ran my first ever level 73 map. That's stupid ridiculous.
Last edited by Shinare on Jul 27, 2015, 12:09:20 PM
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
CutlassPair wrote:
You had Zana dailies (up to lvl 78)

She never gave 78s. 77 was her max and quite common at the start. Few patches later it was mostly 75/76. These days it's usually 73, which is frankly insulting after all the grind it took to get her to lvl 8.

Thanks for the correction.

Even with 77, 78 maps would regularly drop.

I do think that this was one thing they should've left. It's only a daily and it wasn't like you would get 77 every day!
Map drop are ok, and there should be points in every games where you get stuck or blocked.

A wall you hit that prevent you to progress any further for a while, something you must overcome. And POE have several layers of mechanics that act like that and it's what keep the game interesting and players coming back.

Yeah running the Most difficults map, at the highest setting for everyone could be nice but, there is one point when everyone will get bored very fast about it.

it's called a layered progression and it's well done.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Keep living in denial. Meanwhile, people will just quit the game, and at this point probably not bother coming back.

2.0 does not have enough new content to warrant gating maps behind ruthless RNG like this. Nobody is going to do Act 4 constantly because there's nothing to gain from it, and the only thing that leaves is maps. And not only are map drops bad, but damage is so overtuned that it's impossible for many builds to make progress without random oneshot deaths every several maps. So you can't even run the maps that you need to roll to "supposedly" get more maps (it's an unreliable RNG crapshoot as always).

Game has a ton of problems right now honestly, between bad design decisions and even worse balancing. 2.0 did not have any of the magic I expected, or that it should have had. If anything it burned me out on the game, and I'm just holding out to see if these things are addressed.

At this point, if a contender showed up, I wouldn't hesitate in jumping ship. And this is all because of the problems 2.0 brought with it. I was enjoying the game fine before.

Bingo. This is why GGG has an incentive to address the map drop issue, rather than listen to the tiniest group of masochistic no-lifers who spitefully want all other players (especially new ones) to suffer.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Jul 27, 2015, 12:42:53 PM
"
CutlassPair wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
CutlassPair wrote:
You had Zana dailies (up to lvl 78)

She never gave 78s. 77 was her max and quite common at the start. Few patches later it was mostly 75/76. These days it's usually 73, which is frankly insulting after all the grind it took to get her to lvl 8.

Thanks for the correction.

Even with 77, 78 maps would regularly drop.

I do think that this was one thing they should've left. It's only a daily and it wasn't like you would get 77 every day!

Yes, it does seem like Zana nerf just added insult to injury. I've heard it was to prevent people from creating a million accounts and chaining Zana dailies all day, but frankly that's still a problem and should be addressed separately...
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
OP is wrong I_NO is spot on:

"

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
diablofdb wrote:
Yeah running the Most difficults map, at the highest setting for everyone could be nice but, there is one point when everyone will get bored very fast about it.

it's called a layered progression and it's well done.

Um... I've been running the most "UN-difficult" maps for a couple weeks now at their highest setting and I still can't get a 73 more than once.

No matter what YOU say, to me this isn't fun anymore and is obviously broken.
Last edited by Shinare on Jul 27, 2015, 1:00:03 PM
"

@OP:
Maps drop are okay = Not in tune with reality
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 27, 2015, 1:15:30 PM
"

Ill quote your post, but only to add something to this line of thought.

You can't gate content behind difficulty, because there is no difficulty. PoE is a numbers game and once you reach a certain threshold or abuse certain mechanics you trivialize content.

As such, gating content behind "perceived" difficulty leads to pigeon holding the community in builds directly crafted to do just that, abuse the system put in place.

There will always be a mandatory RNG aspect required to map sustaining for this game to succeed long therm while it has a ladder and competition associated with it.

Now is the RNG to prevalent? Might be, only GGG has the numbers on that.

Did GGG succeed in there initial goal to reduce end-game sustaining of maps? Clearly the forums say they have.

Don't mistake perceived difficulty with actual difficulty, because what is difficult for one build isn't difficult for the next one etc.
your build for example, coupled with being in softcore allows you to brute-force hard content.
That isn't difficulty.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It's funny how everyone keeps saying chisel maps. What does chiseling do? It doesn't make it harder. It's just another resource drain built in. Why should it be necessary to sustain maps?
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info