Maps drop are okay

"
vachadavid wrote:
"
Ezaspi wrote:
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.

You are the perfect example of what i was saying, your in full MF gear and probably gets one shot to anything hard, so lets presume you run easy map.
You dont want difficulty, you are just greedy, you want to be able to clear the hardest content with all out mf gear

Map drops ARE fine

I do the hardest content ever fucking possible don't you dare quote me if you do not know me. To become a god; Every death leads to something. How do you think I get shit like this huh?

I do not DIE in full core gear
I do die in MF gear from time to time

However regardless of outcome I still finish the map and get what I desire currency and a fuck ton of self-respect.

Look through the thread watch the amount of people who will quote me from the first post.

*turns on Feel good Inc

God dam right.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 27, 2015, 3:32:52 AM
"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"

Something something squid things something something something.
"

Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Map drops are horrible, I hope the OP is trolling.
"

Am I late sis?
I love teddy bears.
"
vachadavid wrote:
I see a lot of nerdrage post about people saying they cant find 74-76s
Please, lets get real, if you cant sustain a map pool below 76, it IS because your rolling them too easy, not chiseling or not vaaling.

I only had problem to sustain my pool when i reached 77+, feel like at that point its getting hard to sustain, but thats NORMAL, 78 used to be the max and GGG even said they WANTED the higher maps (79+) to be really rare to avoid people just chaining them and reach 100 in a couple days.

The way map drop are right now is perfect, it forces you to roll your high map really hard to be able to sustain, so even if your high level and geared, you still get a challenge and you also have the options to be less tanky with more dps or MF by losing some map drop potential.

That was my 2 cents, stop complaining and go play D3 if you want to have everything given to you without effort :/

OK.... So Enlighten me... i jest... HUMBLE me... with this...

I have not only chiseled and alced EVERY SINGLE 75 AND 76 map i have ever found...
I have also made very sure to roll NOTHING LESS than 96% and i only excepted it because it did roll magic, rares, AND, Beyond! So.. i let that one slide.. Sorry!

3 Sacrifice Fragments! Again... EVERY 75 and 76 ive ever found.... FARMED... not BOUGHT!

And on top of all this... I even go as far as to emulate what ive been seeing the #1 who just so happened to clear the lvl 100 push TODAY... faster than anyone else EVER before him... 16 days from the start of the league... 10 days 8 hours whatever mins and 22 seconds is what he pulled up on steam afterwards! (If you wanna get that technical im sure theres a highlight!)....

I also spend the additional 10 Chaos to put Domination on these "Special" maps..... Special maps for ME being 75 and 76....

Right now im sitting on 2-76s.. ZERO-75s... and about 8-74s..... im lvl 87 BTW.... and done give up on lvling shit any further... it already does everything i have with no effort so why continue? But the game is more difficult now? Right? I mean i guess lvling CAN be... But Endgame sure isnt to ME right now!

I CLEARED... With MELEE.... DOUBLE HASTED RESIDENCE DOMINUS 76.... i got 1-Blue 68 Grotto...

Ive built my build i have right now to not only clear 78+ content in which i was able to acquire before.. with INVESTMENT ofcourse... but i acquired the OLD content... just fine... they were special.. but i got some of it especially when i invested like i am now or LESS... but now i cant even play that OLD content.. and on top of that i also made my build to do ANY and ALL map mods!! Blood Magic, -% to no regen, -max reists, curse immune, stun immune,(Marohi Stun build BTW) REFLECT! phys or ele... And i can NOT acquire content i dont steam roll with ease since i have no content beyond 76! I have seen exactly ZERO 77 maps... 78 which i USED to run no longer exists in mind!

SO.... PLEASE!.... Tell me Exactly what it is im doing so wrong and what im not investing as you say "Properly" to see better results than what i have got from exactly what i have just told you???

I am ALL ears... i BEG for your guidance!! Etup hits 100 in 2 weeks but his shit isnt even working for me.. so what do you say... im just cursed i suppose? RNG Gods are looking for Blood? I mean if the Map System RIGHT NOW is working as intended then tell me what is exactly intended of me to see something for results besides what i have for what i have put in please!! Because otherwise...

I call BULLSHIT!!!

Oh... and BTW...
"

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 27, 2015, 3:58:36 AM
"

The way the map system works you are shoehorned into trading - because otherwise you lack the currency to keep rerolling maps - and playing in groups. That means, only if you play PoE in a very specific manner are you allowed to reduce the enormous variance of the RNG.

But even if you do play in that manner, you will still keep running the same small number of maps over and over again. You can basically run them in your sleep, but if RNG messes with you, you are not allowed map diversity and not allowed to advance.

I think that's some pretty hefty downsides for an upside that is actually not that easy to make out.
As a currency sink it seems pointless because all it sinks is chaos. Was there a problem with chaos inflation back when all you needed was pack size and magic monsters? No. So no point there.

Are there any other supposed advantages? The warm, fuzzy feeling when a +1/+2 map drops? I don't know, is it worth it? All the hassle with getting and maintaining the right currencies, the mind-numbing tedium of doing the same content over and over again, the shoehorning of the playerbase into a specific playstyle, the dependency on something over which you have little control. Is that warm, fuzzy feeling that some people get some of the time really worth it, when you willingly reduce by a fair bit the number of people enjoying PoE aka spending money?

But what it does is forcing you to trade. And you really are. Without trade you are lucky to get more than 1 chaos out of a map, let alone all the rest you need to roll a good map.
I can see no advantage to being forced to trade. Trade is an important and for many people interesting and fun part of PoE. But literally forcing people to do it? What's good about that?

It also adds a factor of luck to advancing. You get map strongboxes? You are on a "lucky streak"? Good for you, you just hit the jackpot, and if there's players around with better builds, better gear, more playtime, and more skill who just happen to not get map drops for a while, tough luck for them. You win. Even more so when you're a streamer and have stuff "given to you without effort" from your fanbase. Is that really good design for a competitive game?

Maps in general should all drop 2 +1 level maps at the end boss of each map, so if you fail at one mission or the game crashes causes you to fail, you still have 1 +1 map to try. This is how it should be. You should be able to keep going as long as you can beat the next map. GGGs current system is just plain retarded in this regard how it makes map drops and sustaining higher maps so based on luck, even with near perfect luck you will never reach 100 by this system, even if you could kill whats on the maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info