Maps drop are okay

"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Keep living in denial. Meanwhile, people will just quit the game, and at this point probably not bother coming back.

2.0 does not have enough new content to warrant gating maps behind ruthless RNG like this. Nobody is going to do Act 4 constantly because there's nothing to gain from it, and the only thing that leaves is maps. And not only are map drops bad, but damage is so overtuned that it's impossible for many builds to make progress without random oneshot deaths every several maps. So you can't even run the maps that you need to roll to "supposedly" get more maps (it's an unreliable RNG crapshoot as always).

Game has a ton of problems right now honestly, between bad design decisions and even worse balancing. 2.0 did not have any of the magic I expected, or that it should have had. If anything it burned me out on the game, and I'm just holding out to see if these things are addressed.

At this point, if a contender showed up, I wouldn't hesitate in jumping ship. And this is all because of the problems 2.0 brought with it. I was enjoying the game fine before.

totally agree with your point of view.
Trading still sucks
I'm all for the concept of running hard-rolled maps in order to progress to even harder maps. Problem is that a) hard maps don't seem to give noticeably more map returns (maybe on average over 10k samples they do, but not over the course of a more humanly comprehensible time frame like, say, an evening) b) the currency I need to dump on those maps to get a high IIQ I also need to upgrade my gear (and now also jewels).

Given the choice between upgrading my chars or continuing to play, which shouldn't be a choice in the first place, I'll just go play something else if I ever run out of maps, however unlikely that seems atm.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Make Merc Malachi drop a guaranteed lvl 75+ map.

Now if you burn through your map pool, you can turn to Malachi. Problem solved.

This would have a random chance at being 76/77/78, but 75 guaranteed. And you'll always have zana daily's to run; and the option of buying maps.
I am inclined to agree with op. 74-76 now is easy. Not only that, but 74-76 now is better than 74-76 before because you occasionally dip into 79+.

It would not take much increased droprates before everyone are running 80+ maps. It's people expecting to always run the highest maps that's the problem.

I personally thought it was boring to always run the same 77 or 78 before 2.0, and was glad that we got to see a wider spectrum of maps. I don't mind if on average i run 1 level lower maps than before.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 27, 2015, 10:27:01 AM
I am very slow player and I would say that the drops are kinda OK.
I run white / blue maps, currently building up 72-73 pack by running 70-71 , other maps i just toss to Chisel recipe but keeping bunch of them for interesting tempests (corrupting is freaking good!).
I should be running at lvl 83 maps 74-75 if the old calculations for xp penalty still works as 100% exp is only 75+ but i don't really care that much. After i build up at least 20 72+ maps, i will start running them, but i guess i will get at least 10 73+ maps from it. I don't count zana, but she's already giving 72+ (lvl 6).

I wonder, how much the progression speed sux?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
The map drop rates aren't that great, takes a lot of currency investment and doesn't pay off much. But, it is doable, it s just slower now, before you could get lucky and do 71 map jump straight to 73 and find a 75 run that and there is your map pool. New map system prevents players to jump through map content like that. I play tempest and it took me about a day just to switch from 71-72 to 73-74. I did get lucky with a carto box on a 74 map though. I guess GGG doesn't want us to get bored and quit the game because you run out of things to do.
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.

More 70 map drops from 74-75 plz.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Keep living in denial. Meanwhile, people will just quit the game, and at this point probably not bother coming back.

2.0 does not have enough new content to warrant gating maps behind ruthless RNG like this. Nobody is going to do Act 4 constantly because there's nothing to gain from it, and the only thing that leaves is maps. And not only are map drops bad, but damage is so overtuned that it's impossible for many builds to make progress without random oneshot deaths every several maps. So you can't even run the maps that you need to roll to "supposedly" get more maps (it's an unreliable RNG crapshoot as always).

Game has a ton of problems right now honestly, between bad design decisions and even worse balancing. 2.0 did not have any of the magic I expected, or that it should have had. If anything it burned me out on the game, and I'm just holding out to see if these things are addressed.

At this point, if a contender showed up, I wouldn't hesitate in jumping ship. And this is all because of the problems 2.0 brought with it. I was enjoying the game fine before.

^ really reflects how i feel about 2.0 great post

I reached the point where i just do my daily missions .. besides that i stopped playing completly. Haven't lost my hope yet so i check the forums every day to see if there was a patch leading into the right direction.

This game had it's problems before but all in all it was well thought out and balanced , i knew why i died and what the problem was .. not anymore. The build diversity is at a low point thanks to the huge balance issue's.

The map system suffered as well you should not be stopped by Rng when it comes to progressing through a game. My character could easily run 90+ rarity 80-82 level maps too bad that i'm stuck at 73-74 really fun to be unable to progress cause of Rng.(before someone ask's i always play with at least +80 raity on my maps)

Also dear GGG to nerf something viable is not the right route you should take when it come's to balancing , it won't make underused skill's more fun to use or viable out of the sudden it will just accomplish the opposite and limit the good option's even more same goes for gear (look at the 3 body armours people want now). You should make small tweaks and look how people react and adjust instead the skill/armour etc. changes are either making the object/skill etc. completely useless or super overpowered.

Also if a build is optimized so if the tree, gear and gems are all fitting together the player should be rewarded with a strong character in the late game , it shouldn't be something for you to fight against.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
I am inclined to agree with op. 74-76 now is easy. Not only that, but 74-76 now is better than 74-76 before because you occasionally dip into 79+.

It would not take much increased droprates before everyone are running 80+ maps. It's people expecting to always run the highest maps that's the problem.

I personally thought it was boring to always run the same 77 or 78 before 2.0, and was glad that we got to see a wider spectrum of maps. I don't mind if on average i run 1 level lower maps than before.

I prefer the system now than previous. Before it was far too easy imo to get to 77/78 and almost constantly maintain that. You had Zana dailies (up to lvl 78), carto boxes (now almost extinct in 2.0), +2 maps from rares, maps dropping from rogues/spawned mobs etc.

You really have to grind out the map pool in 2.0. Pre 1.0, it took me over 1000 maps to go from 66 > 77 maps. Forsaken Masters (the last time I really created a map pool from scratch) only took around 300 maps. It was just too easy and didnt get any real sense of accomplishment. In 2.0 I went on a run from 76 to get an 82 map. That felt good!

I think they may need a complimentary end game system to maps, focusing more on difficulty. Whereas maps are more about currency sink/progression/gambling, I think its hard to directly link that to difficulty.

Maybe its also a case of marketing the new system differently to set expectations of maps in 2.0.

IIRC, posts relating to map drops were pretty much a daily thing around 1.0 release. Around 1.3 we got one around once a week? Now its back to 1.0 levels - every day! So I would guess GGG to probably do something.
"
CutlassPair wrote:
You had Zana dailies (up to lvl 78)

She never gave 78s. 77 was her max and quite common at the start. Few patches later it was mostly 75/76. These days it's usually 73, which is frankly insulting after all the grind it took to get her to lvl 8.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info