Maps drop are okay

"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.

i agree, get the elitist out here, they are no good for any gaming platform. people i don't play to get stressed.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Jul 29, 2015, 1:43:37 PM
This game has reached a new low in RNG nonsense. GGG has lost their minds if they think the community is going to tolerate these map drops for long. I've already witnessed a long time player hand over all his stuff to me and just walk away.

The map system is NOT ok. It is an asinine RNG running treadmill instead of a skill based system. In fact, most of the skill based elements that were ever in PoE have been thoroughly excavated by GGG for enchanced RNG nonsense. I don't know if they are simply listening to the wrong parts of the community or if they are truly this stupid.

I call out the asinine mentality that governs the HC players of this game. It is NOT skill based. It is simply a time based + RNG grinding model. Take your egos, and kiss off. You remind me of the players from magic who would show off every rare card in their deck and think they are good because they own them. Annoying as _fuck_.

If you want a test of actual skill, try a game where you start ~ Equal ~, and RNG is minimal. The real gamers know what I'm talking about.

Skill is a test of talent, a test of intelligence and twitches, of strategy and adaption.

This game has less requirements of skill than ever before. It is a time based power model with so much luck and p2w real money investments or Twitch stream gifts that it is becoming the epitome of everything NOT skill based. It is in fact, a rich boys virtual ego extravaganza.

Mark my words GGG, you fix this, and you fix it soon, or you're simply going to lose everyone and then everything.

"
sehakoziel wrote:

Mark my words GGG, you fix this, and you fix it soon, or you're simply going to lose everyone and then everything.

Wow... you hit them with the "Mark my words..." 10/10 speech. The president and Will Smith from Independence Day would be extremely proud.

Last edited by Prizy on Jul 29, 2015, 2:25:09 PM
"
"
sehakoziel wrote:

Wow... you hit them with the "Mark my words..." 10/10 speech. The president and Will Smith from Independence Day would be extremely proud.

The first of many little rich kids to object, no doubt.
"
mathiasmmh wrote:
Content isn't gated behind RNG as much as it is currency. You can easily get a large pool of maps if you have enough money for it.

Hah, so even a true-blue white knight admits that POE's endgame is in practice a pay2play crapshoot.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 29, 2015, 3:03:12 PM
"
mathiasmmh wrote:
Content isn't gated behind RNG as much as it is currency. You can easily get a large pool of maps if you have enough money for it.

Also, if you're struggling to sustain 74 maps, you're doing something extremely wrong. All day I see people complaining about this shit. You're obviously not rolling maps correctly when there are plenty of better players out there who sustain a high level map pool.

70-78. heavily RNG dictated? no.
79-82. RNG? yes.

And in my opinion, that's fine. I don't enjoy chaining courtyards and palaces for 5 days in a row. I'd much rather chain the current 78 maps and move up into the higher tier every once in a while. The content is more challenging right now IF you want it to be.

People have a different idea on how the map system should be compared to what GGG thinks. Sometimes, the developer knows best.

This whole thing is just terribly wrong, on so many levels. I hardly know where to begin:

• Level 74 maps are still relatively early; people do NOT have massive loads of currency to blow on each and every map. Chisel+chaos-until-obscenely-high isn't a feasible option; people running these maps likely don't even have gear that costs as much as spending that on rolling a SINGLE map.
  • You listed as low as 70. If you're implying that anyone running 70s should be doing anything beyond the average results of a Transmute+augment... Which, by the way, will average out for an average quantity bonus of +27.23%; getting a higher average REQUIRES spending alts or more valuable currency.
  • The "stick mostly to 78s and then get occasional spikes to the 79-82 range" is what people WANT. The problem is that they are clearly not getting this. It's misdirection and straw-manning to imply anyone's unhappy specifically because they can't easily get the new levels: all the complaints I've seen are about not being able to sustain levels they had pre-2.0. The issue is that with the worse sustain figures, players hit a wall EARLIER now, and get BORED of content that gets TOO EASY.
  • Clearly right now, the developers don't know best. They had a good idea, but the execution was entirely botched here, and we're seeing this being reflected.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"

BAM! !!

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
mathiasmmh wrote:

Also, if you're struggling to sustain 74 maps, you're doing something extremely wrong. All day I see people complaining about this shit. You're obviously not rolling maps correctly when there are plenty of better players out there who sustain a high level map pool.

70-78. heavily RNG dictated? no.
79-82. RNG? yes.

And in my opinion, that's fine. I don't enjoy chaining courtyards and palaces for 5 days in a row. I'd much rather chain the current 78 maps and move up into the higher tier every once in a while. The content is more challenging right now IF you want it to be.

People have a different idea on how the map system should be compared to what GGG thinks. Sometimes, the developer knows best.

This whole thing is just terribly wrong, on so many levels. I hardly know where to begin:

• Level 74 maps are still relatively early; people do NOT have massive loads of currency to blow on each and every map. Chisel+chaos-until-obscenely-high isn't a feasible option; people running these maps likely don't even have gear that costs as much as spending that on rolling a SINGLE map.
  • You listed as low as 70. If you're implying that anyone running 70s should be doing anything beyond the average results of a Transmute+augment... Which, by the way, will average out for an average quantity bonus of +27.23%; getting a higher average REQUIRES spending alts or more valuable currency.
  • The "stick mostly to 78s and then get occasional spikes to the 79-82 range" is what people WANT. The problem is that they are clearly not getting this. It's misdirection and straw-manning to imply anyone's unhappy specifically because they can't easily get the new levels: all the complaints I've seen are about not being able to sustain levels they had pre-2.0. The issue is that with the worse sustain figures, players hit a wall EARLIER now, and get BORED of content that gets TOO EASY.
  • Clearly right now, the developers don't know best. They had a good idea, but the execution was entirely botched here, and we're seeing this being reflected.

Since GGG openly said, that they want to increase the time it takes to get to 100, they thought up this buttiful sistam, where you still run 78s but sometimes you can run higher maps for more xp... my head hurts.
"
KillerB wrote:
Since GGG openly said, that they want to increase the time it takes to get to 100, they thought up this buttiful sistam, where you still run 78s but sometimes you can run higher maps for more xp... my head hurts.

Pretty much, the entirety of what I said can be summed up as "well, GGG tried, but they dun goofed."

The biggest part is when I saw comments from them that "maps should be less likely to drop levels far below the one you're in," or something to that effect, when the OPPOSITE is true: pre-2.0, it was almost never you saw a map beyond -5 or -6... And even then, >95% of drops were -3 or better: map drops followed a VERY clear "bell curve" centered close to/around the level you were in.

Post-2.0? That curve appears to be entirely gone, replaced with a close-to-flat distribution across all levels. As we can see, -4 through -6 and worse drops are COMMON, and in fact more common than maps of higher levels.

My guess is that they threw in a different formula (albeit a FAR more simplified method than whatever they were using before) in hopes of getting better "balance," but the result suggests they never bothered to truly model the results.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"

Quoted. one hundred, thousand, and 10 percent ;)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info