[2.0] MF | Dual Flame Totem | BM | Mapper | 56 IIQ/340 IIR

Thanks for this build, this is very high MF build, but you should clearly point out at the beginning of your post that YOU WILL DIE ALOT with this build. Of course there is cons section, but even if you are careful, constantly moving, when you face some lightning arrow exile or one of those chaos snakes on a chain projectiles map your dead almost instantly...

This is definitely NOT A HC BUILD, don't even try it, basically you have low life, your armor or evasion is non existent, res are barely at 75%, -60 chaos...

Don't get me wrong, I love this build, with this build and gear you will see rain of currency and uniques, but I tend to die approx once every hour of gameplay, maybe because of rush, maybe I'm not careful enough, but sometimes I just take offscreen arrow straight in the head :D I don't see any possibility to make this HC build.
To asbo96 im not an expert on totem builds but with a decent damage wand you could use the cheaper uniques to boost your iir/iiq eg stormsail, i havent priced everything on poe.trade but this far into league a lot of stuff will be quite cheap. Volls is now super easy to farm, with a whirling blade setup(diff build) i could get to him in 30 secs often).
"
MephiPL wrote:
Thanks for this build, this is very high MF build, but you should clearly point out at the beginning of your post that YOU WILL DIE ALOT with this build. Of course there is cons section, but even if you are careful, constantly moving, when you face some lightning arrow exile or one of those chaos snakes on a chain projectiles map your dead almost instantly...

This is definitely NOT A HC BUILD, don't even try it, basically you have low life, your armor or evasion is non existent, res are barely at 75%, -60 chaos...

Don't get me wrong, I love this build, with this build and gear you will see rain of currency and uniques, but I tend to die approx once every hour of gameplay, maybe because of rush, maybe I'm not careful enough, but sometimes I just take offscreen arrow straight in the head :D I don't see any possibility to make this HC build.

Yea that would interest me too. How do you manage to do rare 75 maps with this defense without dying the whole time? :/

"
asbo96 wrote:
How can i follow this build with almost no currency? I just died on my cyclone character at level 78 and want to get some currency and make a srs build. I was looking for a mf build and came across yours. Like you said your gear is like 15 exalts. Ivve got like 10 chaos lol how can i start the build off and what are good replacements for the gg gear you have?. In other words can you make a budget gear guide?

The most expensive of these items are the staff, chest, andvarius ring and the boots. But you can play with other iir/iiq items until you have the items you need.

For the boots and the ring you can take rare boots and rare ring with iir. Both can have a decent iir value.

For the chest I would take a 5L with a good armour, life and resistances.

And for the staff I would make it like Fhark said, take the stormsail shield and a good wand with good spell damage, castspeed and fire dmg.

You will have a very good iir value with this option :)
Last edited by Afura on Aug 10, 2015, 1:22:16 PM
"
asbo96 wrote:
How can i follow this build with almost no currency? I just died on my cyclone character at level 78 and want to get some currency and make a srs build. I was looking for a mf build and came across yours. Like you said your gear is like 15 exalts. Ivve got like 10 chaos lol how can i start the build off and what are good replacements for the gg gear you have?. In other words can you make a budget gear guide?

I was in the same Boat. Except i started from scratch, in Warbands. I started by just stacking small things like gold rings and the gold amulets. I then got the belt and hands. Small currencies dropped here and there and I just saved up for a long time. Ran docks for frags for awhile. Eventually got a Distillate to drop and that helped me get my chest piece. Then I just Chaos recipe-ed my butt off till I could afford a Sire staff.
Last edited by Arch4ik on Aug 12, 2015, 12:07:53 AM
Is that right enduring cry with cwdt? I thought cwdt doesn't work anymore with enduring cry?
"
Afura wrote:
Is that right enduring cry with cwdt? I thought cwdt doesn't work anymore with enduring cry?

It doesn´t he said he´s self casting it.

Question!

In the circle with Totem mastery there's a node that give you 4% cast speed with spells cast by totems and 6% attack speed with attacks made by totems, does any of those two do anything for the 'attack speed' of the flames?

Edit. 2nd question in higher maps how do you deal with ele reflect especially when not playing solo?
Last edited by fkpoker on Aug 14, 2015, 3:42:38 AM
"
fkpoker wrote:

In the circle with Totem mastery there's a node that give you 4% cast speed with spells cast by totems and 6% attack speed with attacks made by totems, does any of those two do anything for the 'attack speed' of the flames?

Edit. 2nd question in higher maps how do you deal with ele reflect especially when not playing solo?

Cast speed does. Attack speed doesn't. As for ele reflect, I did few maps with it. Elemental damage will damage your totems, not you, so it's already not a big issue. Just watch the hp of totems. Once it gets low, replace them with new ones.
I can't wait to begin levelling my new witch, this will be awesome! I'm tired of playing my shabby geared 87 duellist getting zero loot whatsoever (literally in 5 days of playing 68-70 maps ive had 1 unique from an inner treasure mob)!

Thank you so much for this build.
I worked out that judging from prices on poe xyz, this build is around 25ex to make, not including gems. I'll have a lot of fun with it whilst levelling and hopefully pick up a few nice uniques to sell on the way :)

EDIT: Would you be switching something out in your build for Culling Strike when in a party? if so, what?
Last edited by WolvesCreed on Aug 14, 2015, 6:25:32 AM
"
Nazzaar wrote:
"
fkpoker wrote:

Cast speed does. Attack speed doesn't. As for ele reflect, I did few maps with it. Elemental damage will damage your totems, not you, so it's already not a big issue. Just watch the hp of totems. Once it gets low, replace them with new ones.

About cast speed is it because of the wording of the node you wont see any change to the dps then?
It's a hidden dps booster? If you for example remove faster casting from your link the dps will change but picking up this node will have no effect on tool tip. Are you or anyone else 100% sure it works?

I know the totems take the ele reflect dmg, I was playing 78-80 maps yesterday and they instantly died when we had ele reflect (not sure about other mods tbf) what I wonder is if anyone has a 'fix' for this (in party play)?

"
WolvesCreed wrote:
EDIT: Would you be switching something out in your build for Culling Strike when in a party? if so, what?

Not OP but I haven't tried without culling, I'm pretty sure it's the best gem for a mfer in party play. I use added cold solo and swap for culling in party but that's with 6 link, didn't play party with 5 link I guess one could swap fast proj. for culling in 5L not sure how good it would be though.

Spoiler
Last edited by fkpoker on Aug 14, 2015, 10:26:25 AM
I gem LL (instead of fire pen or iron will) into my setup for ele reflect maps, it keeps the totems up a little longer (and my totems are doign 70k dps per totem).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info