RIP Scion Dialogue

Considering how much some people hated the Scion's chattiness, I'm surprised GGG never added the ball gag cash shop item, which would change the dialogue to muffled attempts at speaking. Money making opportunity missed there.

GGG, quit throwing away your old work that so many of us liked. Restore the Scion's old dialogue!
Supporting the restoration of the Scion's original dialogue.
But the Scion dialogue was one of the best things in the game. ;_;
I loved every moment of my playtime with her. This new dialogue is dull. Like really, really dull. PLease bring the old dialogue back. First the globe ladies and now this? GGG why are you doing this?
"
Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OMG THIS!!
Yes I love the talkative Scion, she somehow hinting something about the lore/story.
but for the love of God,

remove that shit above!
After completing the game on warbands normal I must say that I am done with the new Scion voice acting. She, and as consequence all other voice acting, will promptly be muted untill the old audio for her is returned. I'm sorry GGG, but she went from sophisticated lady to raging bitch in one patch.
Last edited by Zayatani on Jul 12, 2015, 11:59:19 AM
The original Scion dialogue made me embarrassed to play the game in front of other people.
"
Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? Can I not have but a moments respite? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Seriously..what is up with this? This has got to be the single worst change Ive seen in 2.0...at the very least, its the most god damned annoying change I've seen yet.
The item is yours when it is in your bag.
I actually thought the change was not a big deal at first (I wound't mind an option to switch between the more limited dialogue and her old, more expanded version though as some have suggested here) but after a while I've noticed another problem with the Scion change.

It is how drastically it changes her character.

The original, verbose VO painted the Scion as a seeker, trying to understand and heal the land at first and in general enjoying the "freedom" Wraeclast has offered here, as compared to her life in Theopolis. There are also some hints that she was "touched" by Nightmare in some way, but it is never really cleared up and that serves the narrative of PoE in general.

The "new" VOs just make her a slightly bitchy, moderately bored high class lady that enjoys to kill shit. It makes the character way less interesting in my opinion and seems like a pretty drastic change. I can understand a reasoning for making her dialogue more in line with the other classes, though again a toggle would be nice, but why such a drastic character change?
"
jamnik_pucek wrote:
I actually thought the change was not a big deal at first (I wound't mind an option to switch between the more limited dialogue and her old, more expanded version though as some have suggested here) but after a while I've noticed another problem with the Scion change.

It is how drastically it changes her character.

The original, verbose VO painted the Scion as a seeker, trying to understand and heal the land at first and in general enjoying the "freedom" Wraeclast has offered here, as compared to her life in Theopolis. There are also some hints that she was "touched" by Nightmare in some way, but it is never really cleared up and that serves the narrative of PoE in general.

The "new" VOs just make her a slightly bitchy, moderately bored high class lady that enjoys to kill shit. It makes the character way less interesting in my opinion and seems like a pretty drastic change. I can understand a reasoning for making her dialogue more in line with the other classes, though again a toggle would be nice, but why such a drastic character change?

I completely agree with your assessment of the old vs new Scion. The original Scion was so incredibly interesting to play the first time; I gained a much richer understanding of the lore of the game by playing her. With subsequent runs, she was just as fun to play; I simply just didn't click on every single lore item in the game on those runs.

Now, with the new dialogue that changes the very nature of the character, I have the dialogue volume set to very low, as what was once an enjoyable part of the game has become painful to listen to; much like having a close friend or relative suffer a major stroke that alters their brain. You want to be with the person you used to know, but that person is gone now.

GGG, restore the Scion's original dialogue, and bring back the character we all used to know and love!
Supporting the restoration of the Scion's original dialogue.
We already got an arrogant douche bag with the duelist. What is fun about giving a unique character a typical bland personality that's already taken.

GGG, restore the Scion's original dialogue, and Witch too pls
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info