RIP Scion Dialogue

It's a pity.
I never leveled my scion properly, but ever since I heard her expanded dialogue I was looking forward to progress with her. I'm kinda sad she's changed.
Hmmm well so far playing through again. The Marauder is the one who's a bit more vocal now. I'm not totally sure yet with other areas but the Marauder is now the one who provides commentary on the Weathered Carvings.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I really liked that she had more depth. :\ Now it just feels too forced and generally not how character used to be.

Bring it back, please.
I also miss the old Scion dialogue. A toggle to switch back in forth from the new and old dialogue would be nice and give the best of both worlds. So I really hope they allow some way for those of us who want it to get the old dialogue back.
They removed her dialog? Why? The option is there to turn off the voices if you want. Bring it back, she makes the world more interesting.
Scion was a strong, independent woman. RIP scion. You will be missed!
Definitely miss the old Scion dialogue. Her commentary and responses to the events, lore items, and situations around her helped me understand the history and cultures of the game better. She was a character with depth and had facets to her personality, one that was more fully realized than the others.

For those who complain about her sounding "pretentious," that exactly what she is supposed to sound like. She's the daughter of a noble family, the Scion of a noble house.

If you were only expecting to play a click-and-loot fest ARPG, I can see where you may be turned off by her chatiness; but that's no reason to ruin the experience for those of your fellow gamers who enjoy the aspect. There's options to disable the dialogue volume; use it!

I would love an option to re-enable her original dialogue.
I also agree there should be an option to toggle it on. Why remove something that added so much to the game to appease the vocal minority?
MAybe they can make up for it by giving the Masters some act 4 related dialogue.
Still, gonna miss the old scion stuff she said altrough her new lines and the Class specific stuff Piety says do make up for it.
"
Less is more.

Edwin's extremely tight, surgical writing in PoE's dialogue embodies this statement.

The Scion suffered from something you'll see a lot in PoE if you dig: layers of ideas that never made it to a complete stage and just sort of mash together in a functional if flawed manner.

Her dialogue was not out of character; it was in too many, none of them finished. Each was written well enough but the whole was like reading four parts of a book at drastically different stages of drafting.

There were indeed several cases with the old Scion's dialogue that seemed like she was responding to an entirely different scenario\statement. Like for example when she enters the A1 prison Piety started her usual "An exile here?" speech then the Scion said something like "That wonder child is dead, drowned in blood on her wedding day" which didn't really make any sense in response to Piety's dialogue.

The funny thing is that they re-recorded Piety's dialogue in the first 3 acts in 2.0 so she says different things to each different exile\class, and NOW she calls the Scion a wonder child on several different occasions.

Regardless I figured they might redo a few of those inconsistent lines in the earlier acts when recording the A4 audio, not remove absolutely everything that still fit.

As I said before I really think they should have at least left in her additional insights\ponderings when interacting with lore objects since all of that was consistent with itself and the story already.

I accept that this game is a work in progress, in fact that's part of its appeal for me. Every time I come back after a few months it feels like there's always something new to see\try. With that being said I still feel like too much flavor was stripped from the Scion in 2.0 with the removal of most of her dialogue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info