RIP Scion Dialogue

Options -> Sounds -> ENABLE/DISABLE CHARACTER MONOLOGUES. Cause, you know, when you're an insane psychopath exiled to a lonely island all by yourself you have certain needs, like you-know-what as well as talking to yourself.

Problem solved, and probably takes no effort to code, and pleases everyone.

Guess that is too advanced for GGG to consider.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jul 11, 2015, 11:58:00 AM
People who don't like her dialogue could simply have muted her. It's a pity that GGG actually removed content from the game like this, especially given now it was very unique content. Now it feels like just more of the same.
I'm glad her annoying storytelling is gone. Maybe they can create a free hideout decoration to allow players to listen to the dialog whenever they want.

They can call it, the soap box. Make it toon specific. So if a marauder steps up you get the marauder lines. Scion can have hers too.

Edit: I miss Gruest the asshole.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Last edited by DorenAlexander on Jul 11, 2015, 3:45:30 PM
Nice, Scion is actually playable now.
Epic buff to Scion.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm surprised, but I think that may be for the best. The Scion monologs were rather annoying and felt forced. I'm all for letting the characters talk more, but make them talk when you figure out something cool/interesting for them to say. Don't start with deciding they should comment every possible thing and then struggle to figure something out for them to say.
I agree with the poster who says she was too damn melodramatic.
If you met anybody like her talking like that, you'd think of them as an idiot. Her opinions never mattered.

Now she actually talks like a sane person with sane priorities.
Instead of going, "Oh I really just wanted to braid Brutus's hair and talk about boys!"
She's like, "That guy's a dick and I'm glad I killed him."
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 11, 2015, 5:01:00 PM
"
I agree with the poster who says she was too damn melodramatic.
If you met anybody like her talking like that, you'd think of them as an idiot. Her opinions never mattered.

Now she actually talks like a sane person with sane priorities.
Instead of going, "Oh I really just wanted to braid Brutus's hair and talk about boys!"
She's like, "That guy's a dick and I'm glad I killed him."

I have to agree, it's so much better now that she drops trite one liners. I mean why should she empathize with another character now caught in a trap of his own making when she can say you're dead like that other guy I killed. Her rolling walk animation is plenty enough characterization without all this monologue horse shit.
I know it's off topic but reminded me about a question I had about the scion... is she still unlocked in Act 3 for new accounts, or has it moved to Act 4?
The Scion was the only class that had dialogue fleshing out her personality to any noticeable degree; Sure, it was a personality with the drama setting turned all the way up, which is perhaps not everybody's favourite cup of tea though I found it amusing enough, but getting rid of it and making her just as boring as the six other classes is a crying shame.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info