What next after Malachai?

"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
I don't believe that we will see more acts considering the fact how time consuming the production of act 4 was.

I suspect that GGG will introduce more uber bosses per season and maybe some sort of new map system which might continue the story of the game.

So your argument is : Act 4 took 1,5 years, so there won't be Act 5 ? PoE is at its peak of playerbase ever (that's why they needed new servers + the lag at prime time proves this). Why wouldn't there be an act 5 in 1,5 years? Because you think that's a long time? Makes sense.
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
I don't believe that we will see more acts considering the fact how time consuming the production of act 4 was.

I suspect that GGG will introduce more uber bosses per season and maybe some sort of new map system which might continue the story of the game.

So your argument is : Act 4 took 1,5 years, so there won't be Act 5 ? PoE is at its peak of playerbase ever (that's why they needed new servers + the lag at prime time proves this). Why wouldn't there be an act 5 in 1,5 years? Because you think that's a long time? Makes sense.
It took longer than that. They said there's been a side team working on it ever since open beta hit. Then they all switched to it after Forsaken Masters was released. They haven't even planned whats going to be next.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:

It took longer than that. They said there's been a side team working on it ever since open beta hit. Then they all switched to it after Forsaken Masters was released. They haven't even planned whats going to be next.

I would love to see some sources for those claims, because they sound completely unfounded and hilariously incorrect to me.

> They haven't even planned whats going to be next.

What.

Do you like, have an informant at GGG somewhere? Do you get some sort of secret PoE monthly newsletter where they discuss their current goings-on, where they're taking the game, future nerfs and buffs, where Mirrors and fishing rods drop? Can I get a subscription to that too?
"
LadyZeyra wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:

I would love to see some sources for those claims, because they sound completely unfounded and hilariously incorrect to me.

> They haven't even planned whats going to be next.

What.

Do you like, have an informant at GGG somewhere? Do you get some sort of secret PoE monthly newsletter where they discuss their current goings-on, where they're taking the game, future nerfs and buffs, where Mirrors and fishing rods drop? Can I get a subscription to that too?
I read the forums and once in a while read reddit. The info about how a side team was working on The Awakening the whole time I believe was from the forums. The part about them not having anything else planned was from reddit. I don't use reddit often, is there a good way to search it?
"
Telzen wrote:
I read the forums and once in a while read reddit. The info about how a side team was working on The Awakening the whole time I believe was from the forums. The part about them not having anything else planned was from reddit. I don't use reddit often, is there a good way to search it?

Well it makes no sense, why put a side team to act 4 when act 3 wasn't even completed? Plus back then they were like half the size they are now. I don't know why you state things like this, I'm so tired of these bad news bringers who think they are right. It's like half the people on the forums don't even want GGG to succeed. Seriously why wouldn't you want new content?? Some people ...
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 19, 2015, 1:30:13 PM
Act 5 probably Theopolis:

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Act 5 probably Theopolis:

Fanart?
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:

One way I would love to see another act. Additional content is always great. On the other it feels everything is pretty much wrapped up anyway. Additional content will arrive in the form of act 4.x. But honestly how are you going to add a 5th act in a way that it feels natural? I dont want this series to devolve to Dragon Ball Z crap where a bigger badder badass turns up in a new episode, no one ever heard from before. Dont get me wrong. If they can pull off a 5th act that doesn't feel "added on", I am all for it. I just currently have the feeling PoE entered the finale. You can still add content in different ways.

It is better to focus on the current game state and work on act 4.x. Because that is clearly not finished yet. There are still a tons of uniques that need to be implemented. Art of uniques that needs to be implemented.

Beside I think most of them ggg-team deserve a good summer vacation first.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Yeah i hope that we will maybe see another act but im also fine when they add another threat (bigger then Malachai) in optional areas like maps or maybe unused /unfinished parts in one of the existing acts.

Storywise
- Oriath which was a small province of the eternal empire is now ruled by the templars which leader get killed by the player (Dominus). So Oriath is maybe not a logical next step idk.
-Hightgate/Mines/Beast: That's definitely finished, the 'evil'(Beast) is cleansed along with his Minions (Malachai,Maligaro, Toad-Doedre,...)

What is maybe an option: Doryani the legendary Vaal Thaumaturgist
Maybe we will discover what's the true meaning of the communion.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 25, 2015, 6:44:36 PM
i would go with this:

act 5: 4-6 more areas that we have to travel to scape the beast, at the end we fight some guarding protecting the beast heart or something important that will kill it.

act 6 would be about a new cataclism that started when we killed the beast and how we stop it

act 7+ some weird out of this realm creatures crosed during the cataclism and are now atacking everything.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info