What next after Malachai?

"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
Still waiting to see whats on that bridge in Battlefield that has the big forcefield around it :)

It's the bridge to The Ebony Barracks.
"
Idioticus wrote:
"
Well...we fought Atziri, but what about Doryani? Malachai is nothing compared to this motherfucker

Malachai > Doryani

Anyways, I thought Malachai wasn't the beast, he was just tapping into the beast's power and (trying?) taking it over.

I haven't paid much attention but wasn't this whole ordeal possible because Malachai took advantage of the Beast sleeping? Now that we killed the poking nuisance that is Malachai, wouldn't the beast wake up and do its thing?

I remember reading somewhere that Malachai is in control of the beast, but yes, he is not the beast itself

And Doryani > All
He was like the first thaumaturgist, caused the first catalysm without even knowing about the beast and the amount of people he killed...compared to him Malachai is just a elemental school bully
"
Idioticus wrote:
"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
Still waiting to see whats on that bridge in Battlefield that has the big forcefield around it :)

It's the bridge to The Ebony Barracks.

You can go down (toward the bottom right of the screen) in Ebony Barracks to see where the bridge connects. It's blockaded with carts and other broken things, but it's certainly the bridge.

Speaking of Barracks (and lore-thread), I was hoping they'd add a part where you have to explode the exit from sewers -> barracks (the pile of rubble).

It dumps out into a very visible, high traffic area that presumably would be something that the blackguards would either patch themselves or at least post guard around. If you had to blast through the wall, it would explain why they couldn't see you coming and also why all the blackguards are just fumbling around out of formation.
i always assumed something would be done about the broken bridge.

yeah, act 2 the broken bridge.

i mean...the map shows that it leads SOMEWHERE. it's obvious the vaal were active pretty much everywhere in the region, so there is definitely something along the road.

it would be interesting if, in some future act, you free a man who can fix the bridge; causing kraitin to move off the bridge and elsewhere in the region, and giving you access to a new region and a new act.
Some Malachai notes left in the hub to the two dreams and the Belly of the Beast, and the comments made by Dialla make me think that Malachai was good all along, although an extremist. He tried to burn the Beast at a great human price. Now that he was killed, all that power is free, and probably formless.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I personally think Dialla will spiral out of control in a way. The way she spoke was already somewhat crazy but towards the end of act 4, it got a lot worse. She seemed depressed in a way. Given that she could potentially have an object that caused the cataclysm, she could be bad news for us.

If Malachai is officially dunzo and the beast is now dead, then Dialla more than likely has access to the most powerful tool on Wraeclast. Given how her personality turned by the end of 4, it wouldn't surprise me if that led to some form of reaction from her, some crazy attempt to attain love.

Lets be honest, Wraeclast has already seen the likes of crazies wanted to do some weird things...
Yeah I really hope they don't do the overplayed 'woman scorned' bit.
I wouldnt say Diallo will play any further role.
She serverd her role and helped the Player to destroy the Beast and his creation Malachai.
Also keep in mind she lost all her gemling power and will probably die because of her ancient age (300+, shes just a rapidly aging normal human now).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 17, 2015, 4:43:24 AM
Act5 will be an XXXX turn-based affair where you colonize and develop Wraeclast, build a new society, and in the end economically, militarily and socially overshadow and take over Oriath.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"This world is an illusion, exile"

You are all wrong ;-p

Wraeclast doesn't exist at all. It's very similar to the concept of the fake reality everybody is living in, in the movie "The Matrix". It appeared you weren't exiled at all from Oriath, you're still there, and Wraeclast doesn't even exist. When they "exile" somebody to Wraeclast in Oriath, what they do is actually plug in some magic devices in your head and you only THINK that you're there. By the way, Lady Dialla has such spikes on her head, that makes it even more obvious.

So what do they want to achieve in Oriath by putting you into the Matrix that Wraeclast is? Why don't they just really exile you (to Molokai or some other small place without opportunities) or even simpler: execute you? Why did they create this magic illusionary world?

Because they want to take advantage of your potential ofcourse. Somehow while you are lying there dreaming with the magic spikes in your head, thinking you're the big hero of Wraeclast, they are tapping your power that comes with the dreaming experience. With all the challenges that come from surviving the illusionary continent, you actually do grow stronger and more powerful, and you learn many things. In the meanwhile, you never physically leave that obscure laboratory in Oriath and some crazy scientists and magicians try to capitalize on your growing power. It's all just a shady dangerous experiment really.

Some Oriathans "plug-in" into the Matrix that is Wraeclast occasionaly to keep control over this dreamed world. That is why we see Dominus for example. He also admits that we're just in a dream. But we only managed to kill him inside the Matrix. Maybe though, he just woke up in the laboratory upon his Wraeclastian death and his fellow collegues could save him. That would mean many of the bosses we already killed are not actually dead.

Now the Beast - which we never truly see - is more of a methaphor for the whole scientifical/magical aparatus that is upholding the fake world of Wraeclast. Actually, entire Wraeclast and everything happening in it is "the Beast". So we were inside all the time. Cataclysms occured in the past as an extra experimentation on this world (When "The Beast" [the apparatus] "Awakens" [is drastically altered as a new experimental step]), often partly from within. We will find out how and why they made those cataclysms happen and why they are bad (they actually change or "redefine" the reality of Wraeclast). The aim is now to break free from it, and to wake up from the dream, returning to our true mind and body that has been in Oriath all this time. Dialla will probably help us do this and join us. We already went a long way by defeating Malachai and the former bosses in any way. The crazy professors and wizards in Oriath are losing control over Wraeclast, because they underestimated our power. We are actually taking control over the Matrix from within the Matrix as it were.

Sooner or later, we are bound to succeed and wake up in the laboratory in Oriath. We have become much more powerful and dangerous, having lived the intense dream of Wraeclast for so long, but be well aware: we have lost all our equipment! That equipment never existed, it was part of the illusionary world of Wraeclast, in Oriath we were naked all that time (GGG hints towards this by refusing to give certain characters pants). So while we retain our progression in the passive tree, we have to start from scratch finding new gear and skill gems. Soon we discover a kind of device that allows us to extract matter from Wraeclast, the fake world that is now falling apart. So our first mission is to save from Wraeclast what can still be saved. Even if it was illusionary, the magical and scientifical experimenting has created a possibility for transgression from the dreaming world into the real one. Not only do we have to save what was valuable in Wraeclast and its still-plugged-in population (who seem to be plugged-in from other places), but we also have to prevent the corruption from that dream contaminating reality.

After we have done some quests without much of our old gear, we manage in the end to get everything back together and face this evolution. From here on, pretty much anything can be done: save Oriath from the corruption of imploding Wraeclast, investigate more about the whole Wraeclastian experiment, kill those who are behind (and became powerful from it), deal with more current situations of Oriath,... .

TL,DR; Wraeclast is "the Matrix", a fake world, which we'll escape!

PS: English is not my native tongue so feel free to correct.
Last edited by Soepkieken on Jul 17, 2015, 5:35:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info