The forums aren't fun anymore

"
Phrazz wrote:

I don't think we are on two completely different pages her, I just think you misread (or I "miswrote").

I can also debate and joke with my friends, about idiotic things like cancer, death, aids and so on. There's no limit to the things we make jokes about or discuss rapidly and aggressively. But that's a close circle, and I wouldn't dream about doing that in an open forum. That has to do with respect. And when I wrote "empathy", I were thinking about the ability to see that some people, of various reasons, may react to behavior like I have in my "closed circle".

And, again, there is nothing wrong with calling an idea or an argument "stupid" (in my mind), as long as we don't draw the automated conclusion that the guy behind that argument also is stupid and as long as we share the reason WHY we think it's stupid.

The most toxic elements to a discussion - as I see it - is:

1) Discussing the person and not the case
2) Talking as if an subjective view is the objective truth
3) Participant with no real investment in the debate, just troll-debate for the fun of it, trying to piss folks off.

Seeing threads where people - straight from the bat - debates the person behind the argument instead of the argument itself, makes me sick. Reading a "jk" thread usually makes me sad. The amount of personal attacks someone gets for not having the same views as the sheep flock, is sad.

That is why I said that I'm not using kind of language I do on forums - because that is a closed circle. :-V

1) I did not discuss person, but the idea, and I got my post removed. So yeah, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
2) It takes some kind of terrible attitude to ever say that. There is nothing such as objective truth. :v
3) As point 1, I did not do that, yet got my post removed.

I also got probated for 1 day - go past my last posts, and trying figuring out which for. I still do not know. : /
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 30, 2015, 3:09:11 AM
You should never be probated without being told why.

That's like kicking a puppy because you're angry it is barking. Sure, it will shut the poor thing up, but it will never know why you kicked it, won't understand it was doing something wrong, and just end up being resentful and maybe afraid of you.

Excuse the analogy, but I'm trying to express how silly it is.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 30, 2015, 4:05:20 AM
To busy testing 3+ builds between every wipe on beta and providing feedback.

I don't really visit any other forums currently other then the CB section and i can't bring myself to play non-lockstep again so i am stuck.

Peace and happy looting y'all,

-Boem-

edit : lol nait :).

Your right, but really a puppy? O.O
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 30, 2015, 12:54:59 PM
"

That's like kicking a puppy because you're angry it is barking. Sure, it will shut the poor thing up, but it will never know why you kicked it, won't understand it was doing something wrong, and just end up being resentful and maybe afraid of you.

Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept your registration request for a Member Account. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Grinding Gear Games also reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, at any time to cancel your registration and access to your Member Account or to restrict, limit or otherwise change your existing rights of access to your Member Account, or any specific feature or benefit afforded to you in relation to your Member Account, including without limitation in respect of any Virtual Items, if it believes you have breached these Terms of Use or any other agreements you may have with Grinding Gear Games or for any other reason whatsoever. In such event you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action. Notwithstanding the cancellation of access to your Member Account in any case, you agree you will remain fully liable for any outstanding liability owed to Grinding Gear Games. Grinding Gear Games may also, where it believes such action is necessary, without notice block IP addresses of any users who have breached the Terms of Use.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
well i'd just like a straightforward answer from GGG on why they decided to fuck with the forum layout and accessibility of subforums in the first place. I don't care about the new anti-speech guidelines. I'm more worried about accessing forums with some sort of ease. The site is an abomination and it needs fixed or at least someone to explain why it got fucked with. Did they think something was inherently broken with the forum? Just implement the new strict guidelines with the old forum set-up and see how it goes. The destruction of all discussion is really frustrating and the fact that you have to go BACK TO THE INDEX to get to a new section of the forum is just plain awful.

I understand now why devs and Chris go to le reddit first. Because, even as bad aesthetically as le reddit is, it's still better than this train wreck.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
qquno wrote:
"

Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept your registration request for a Member Account. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Grinding Gear Games also reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, at any time to cancel your registration and access to your Member Account or to restrict, limit or otherwise change your existing rights of access to your Member Account, or any specific feature or benefit afforded to you in relation to your Member Account, including without limitation in respect of any Virtual Items, if it believes you have breached these Terms of Use or any other agreements you may have with Grinding Gear Games or for any other reason whatsoever. In such event you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action. Notwithstanding the cancellation of access to your Member Account in any case, you agree you will remain fully liable for any outstanding liability owed to Grinding Gear Games. Grinding Gear Games may also, where it believes such action is necessary, without notice block IP addresses of any users who have breached the Terms of Use.

Yeah its in the TOS, but I think Nait is constesting it. With good reason. They should tell you why, as it can be discussable, to not do so makes it so there can be abuse of power, notice Nait wrote "SHOULD".
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 30, 2015, 2:00:10 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
qquno wrote:
"

Yeah its in the TOS, but I think Nait is constesting it. With good reason. They should tell you why, as it can be discussable, to not do so makes it so there can be abuse of power, notice Nait wrote "SHOULD".

I have an example where GGG ban person using this part of TOS, if you ask support why - you get answer like: TOS was breached. You may ask "which exact part of TOS?", answer was - "we could not tell you since this way ppl may avoid ban next time". Sounds pretty silly, but this is exactly what nait expressed with his puppet analogy, but GGG use it on daily basis :)
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on May 30, 2015, 2:21:45 PM
"
qquno wrote:

These are for lawyers, so someone would not sue the company out of their last socks like some old hag that tried to dry her cat in a microwave and then sued microwave company for it.

Actually using these rules are drastic measures and a disaster from commercial and marketing points of view.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:

interesting...
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info