The forums aren't fun anymore

"
Tom_GGG wrote:
...it is our hope that this can be done without the need for aggressive content or by directly attacking any individual who chooses to use the forum, regardless of their background or playstyle.

This is an admirable goal.

All I notice is people complaining, not that they dispute being hostile or harassing others, but that they still want a place to do so.

How sad that individuals feel they have the right to treat the forums as some kind of cesspool, or as a platform to vent their aggression as keyboard warriors. Yet to see a single 'I was wrongly accused of being a dick', only more and more 'they should let us be total dicks, because I like to be'.

This is a better place without that bollocks. Go tell someone how much you're opinion of them matters elsewhere. Hopefully it means less time the team has to spend babysitting.
Stay a while and listen!
Too bad I dont have a beta key nor money to buy a 30$ pack...

I would love to try the beta.
"

Don't worry, it'll still be beta once it's released.
"

You did hit the button to register for the random selection, right? It could still happen. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Indirect buff to reddit forums
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Hopefully it means less time the team has to spend babysitting.

Except now, they are in near constant babysitting mode. How do more rules create less babysitting exactly? Rhetorical question of course: they never do.

But it certainly is a job creator.
"
"
Hopefully it means less time the team has to spend babysitting.

Except now, they are in near constant babysitting mode. How do more rules create less babysitting exactly? Rhetorical question of course: they never do.

But it certainly is a job creator.

Constant offenders tow the line or sit on probation. Works quite well in a game that doesn't hand out accounts like water pumping out of a spring.

Oh F2P, how I hate thee.
'Welcome to the brutal, unforgiving land of wraeclast'.

Make a suggestion that other people please use their brains more. Oh yay, 1 month holiday.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
'Welcome to the brutal, unforgiving land of wraeclast'.

Make a suggestion that other people please use their brains more. Oh yay, 1 month holiday.

Context is important. Using your simple example:

"Please use your brains more."

This could be akin to calling someone stupid or an idiot, but wrapping it up in plausible deniability that the person just didn't think it through and believe they are smarter than that. Tone and context tend to tell a lot about statements like this. I can see it being used in a way that actually is respectful; but I can also see it being probation worthy if it is surrounded by nasty tone.

Being civil and acting like mature adults is almost a taboo thing on the internet. For some, they are actually kids and expecting to not act like kids is a stretch...I get that. But I believe the large majority of users are in fact adults (I have exactly zero sources to back that up, just anecdotal evidence).

There are some suggesting that the lines should always be tested and pushed to understand the boundary. I don't disagree with that, but I also believe anyone who does it should not be surprised when they meet the sharp end of the spear.

There are ways to discuss things in a way that is effective, thoughtful, respectful and fun for many. The type of fun that some look for here only acts to turn this place into a giant waste pool near a town infected with diseases only USAMRIID would find fun to play with.
I would like General Discussion to be more like Gameplay Help was before the guidelines change, people were not treating eachother like special snowflakes but it was no /Bath of Exile either.

Well, these rules are actually not that bad. All we need now is rules to bound the overzealous moderation. And then some rules for rule enforcement team overseeing the moderation. And some rules on top of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info