The forums aren't fun anymore

Hi there!

Just thought I'd drop in to address a few concerns regarding the new guidelines.

Please know that this revision has been brought in due to the excessively large amount of hostile and defamatory posts aimed at individuals on the forums. We are in no way aiming to censor or cull the community's opinions or freedom of expression.

However, it is our hope that this can be done without the need for aggressive content or by directly attacking any individual who chooses to use the forum, regardless of their background or playstyle.

Our community manager is working very hard to meet the needs of everyone who uses the forums, both current and prospective. The team will only action where completely necessary after warnings and repeat offenses.

Should you have any concerns regarding moderation, please feel free to contact us directly at support@grindinggear.com

I hope this information helps, as we are here to help in any way that we can. Have a great day in Wraeclast!
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
We would all be better off if we were more offended than we are.

I hope you are joking because nowadays everyone's skin is made of tissue paper. The last thing we need is people becoming MORE easily offended.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Tom_GGG wrote:
Hi there!

Just thought I'd drop in to address a few concerns regarding the new guidelines.

Please know that this revision has been brought in due to the excessively large amount of hostile and defamatory posts aimed at individuals on the forums. We are in no way aiming to censor or cull the community's opinions or freedom of expression.

However, it is our hope that this can be done without the need for aggressive content or by directly attacking any individual who chooses to use the forum, regardless of their background or playstyle.

Our community manager is working very hard to meet the needs of everyone who uses the forums, both current and prospective. The team will only action where completely necessary after warnings and repeat offenses.

Should you have any concerns regarding moderation, please feel free to contact us directly at support@grindinggear.com

I hope this information helps, as we are here to help in any way that we can. Have a great day in Wraeclast!

tl:dr: You can say "fuck," just not "fuck you."

Carry on. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

tl:dr: You can say "fuck," just not "fuck you."

Carry on. =^[.]^=

Fuck yeah!
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Well, I suppose some us complainers (such as me) could just suck it up and start posting again - that would bring a bit of life back to GD. It may not be fun or entertaining, but at least the threads might tick over a little bit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Well, I suppose some us complainers (such as me) could just suck it up and start posting again - that would bring a bit of life back to GD. It may not be fun or entertaining, but at least the threads might tick over a little bit.

Meh, until GD gets back on the forum menu, or at least somewhere in the first page or two of the index, it's rather fucked. (That's feedback, btw)
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

Totally with you. But how should this be possible if some put their wish for "fun" over the demand of a company to run their main-forum professionally? Not talking about the way this forum is moderated of course, i am not happy with this either. But as long as many players say that for them it is important to have a very, very liberal, chaotic forum where nearly everything can be written because of "freedom of speech" and stuff, there will be no solution. Imo the first thing that has to happen is, that some notorious trolls, agents provocateurs and so on have to realise that this right here is the wrong place for their agenda. When nearly every newbie or nearly every question is answered or encountered with one-liners, gifs and sarcastic behaviour, there is too much damage dealt to this forum as that for example i would love to have this anymore. If that is realised, we can talk about moderation-style. But it is quite unconstructive to act like a troll in a honey-store and then scream "facism! i just wanted to be near the honey and lick it!" when somebody says "get outta here! i need to sell this honey!".

Some people here, who now act like they are William Wallace and GGG is Edward the Longshanks, wouldn't act like they did in the past in - let us say - a public space like a pub or bar. If you show their behaviour there, you would be smacked at least. That is what bothers me.
Some of the most notorious trolls, devil's advocates and enthusiastic all-the-time-antagonists now are shocked that this forum turned out this way. Not meaning you, don't want to call out names. But it is quite funny. After hundreds of one-liners, some are shocked that this behaviour will not be tolerated anymore. And that is a part of the damage i am talking about. That has been done.

It is quite unfair to now act like "wooot? why are they so mean? i didn't do anything!". And it is more unfair to use the liberal stance of GGG for such a long time and now, where they HAVE to act, fight them, and let them have a hard time. Instead of saying: "I get it. This company and its product became grown ups. It is more serious now. More money involved. Let us help this cool people to have a more easy job."
If GGG is the company so many people love to death, then why not help them by tuning down the chaotic will of implementing trollism and bad jokes a bit? It is not like they don't have a good sense of humor. Or like they don't love and support some of the crazy stuff that is going on here (fishing for example ;))

*Applauds!* =^[.]^=

Thanks man ;) I always have to check your emote-legend first - with a bumping heart xD
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
It's a shame people can't just be civil, polite and constructive on forums.
"
It's a shame people can't just be civil, polite and constructive in general.

Agreed.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Well this aint year 2000-2005 when people actually could be honest and share their thoughts...

You remember the internet back then? Holy f.....k it was freaking hilarious... If humans can't allow some junk and fun around the place then delete the internet...

To much politics and shit going on, even on here.. It's ok to be civil but seriously beeing an AHOLE... Should be ok...

Not gonna do any more lectures on history of human kind or internet behavior...

Peace

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 23, 2015, 12:32:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info