Why were you attracted to Path of Exile?

It looks beautiful, not to mention instead of a skill tree it looks like it has a skill forest.
Diablo 3 is disappointing to me. It just doesnt attract me like Diablo 2 did. And dont even get me started on the real-money auction house in Diablo 3. Path of Exile delivers on that nostalgia that Diablo 2 has, that atmosphere and such. Like many others have said, Path of Exile is the way Diablo 3 should of been.
CGA - Community Gamer's Alliance
I needed a replacement for Diablo III. It looks exactly like what Diablo III should've been to me.
Because D2 is my favorite game of all time, and D3 is becoming the blunder of the century.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
I really like the idea of the skill tree, looking forward to coming up with some freaky builds :D
The art style looks closer to Diablo than D3 does. The game also looks like an upgraded version of Titan Quest. I don't know if the developers are using that engine or something similar but it looks so much like it and that's a plus in my book.

The other big attraction is free-to-play. With D3 looking mediocre and costing full-price, and with Torchlight 2 looking amazing and costing a mere $20, I think I have the action-rpg experience I want sorted at low cost to me. Both Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are promising and I want to play both of them. Diablo 3, not so much - and I say that as a huge Diablo fan.

One of the things I'm intrigued about is PoE's skill system. It looks really, really interesting. The passive skill tree looks like something you can get lost navigating, and the active skills depending on gems that level up as you use them sounds like a really novel system.
looks awesome
I think the better question is: "What doesn't attract you to Path of Exile?" because I can't think of anything that turns me off from it and too many to list as to why I like it.
The game looks fun! I'm amazed by all the passive skills.
TotalBiscuit, Simple as that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info