Aura Change Feedback and Suggestion

"
goetzjam wrote:
either adapt or move over.

Nice "un-official" PoE\GGG Fanboy approach.

So let me get this right.

You have a suggestion you are putting forward which will piss off supporters of GGG.
Any solution which doesn't piss off anyone is no good.
Anyone who doesn't like your idea should adapt or move over?

That's some crazy PoE\GGG Fanboy stuff there.

It's no wonder it's un-official, I bet they just love you.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 12, 2015, 11:39:09 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
either adapt or move over.

Nice "un-official" PoE\GGG Fanboy approach.

So let me get this right.

You have a suggestion you are putting forward which will piss off supporters of GGG.
Anyone who doesn't like your idea should adapt or move over?

That's some crazy PoE\GGG Fanboy stuff there.

It's no wonder it's un-official, I bet they just love you.

Why do people like you only highlight parts of what people say to take it out of context?

Seriously, if you can't argue against my points why are you posting at all?

You are so bias on this subject its clouded your judgement, to that avail I am done with you in this thread as well.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Why do people like you only highlight parts of what people say to take it out of context?

1. I quoted the part I wanted to respond to.

2. The rest is just you rambling about nothing.

3. It isn't out of context. It perfectly summarises you. Game companies' worst nightmare.
Casually casual.

Free cheap auras is a bad idea, plain and simple. Anybody who has been here 2+ years should understand why.

You are just trolling goetz because you think that's all he does to others. Let it go, man; I'd have expected better of you if I hadn't just read several posts of it. It's childish and toxic.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I really feel GGG is putting the cart before the horse on this Enlighten change.

Do I like the cart? Yes. Yes I do. But it is too soon.

Why too soon? The idea, one would imagine, is to encourage real choice with aura supports rather than automatic decisions. But RM had exactly one competitor - Generosity- and not even a mutually exclusive one at that. Enlighten is no different.

In order to really break the monopoly, there needs to be more support gems players would consider as alternatives. Until then, players will just run every aura-specific support they can grab, no variety at all.

Yeah, feel exactly the same way.

The thing that bothered me is that it's a long time coming. Auras are strong, and people like more damage, so they stack more auras. If there was an option to increase the effectiveness and mana reservation of auras so you focus on specific types, vs using multiple auras are less powerful thro' supports, I'll get behind this. The issue is that they are making itemisation change for balance which possibly could be done with a mechanical change for balance. Heralds are halfway doing that by being buffs to character only so its more possible for players to stack heralds not auras. Heralds also have additional effects which make them desirable too...

Support gem "tax" was never an issue for auras. Everyone using Reduced Mana isn't specifically the issue, just that there aren't other options. Long time people like the idea of Concentrated Effect to work with auras so players have options between using specific auras more effectively that it just comes to same thing using the same number of supports.

The idea I would have liked to have seen regarding auras/heralds/some other applicable skills is that you can use a support gem that turns them into a temporary buff on your character only that increases the effectiveness so you don't reserve mana. Something like this I see working with Tempest Shield to make it better or Arctic Armour to make it more balanced. This won't stack with corresponding auras.

You just needs support gems so players end up doing things differently if they don't want everyone and their dog to use Reduced Mana but if they were concerned about mana reservation being too strong, just get rid of it all on passive tree, it only appears on jewels and items or add hard limit of number of auras and heralds and expand hard limit on passive tree.
"
YellowMage wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I really feel GGG is putting the cart before the horse on this Enlighten change.

Do I like the cart? Yes. Yes I do. But it is too soon.

Why too soon? The idea, one would imagine, is to encourage real choice with aura supports rather than automatic decisions. But RM had exactly one competitor - Generosity- and not even a mutually exclusive one at that. Enlighten is no different.

In order to really break the monopoly, there needs to be more support gems players would consider as alternatives. Until then, players will just run every aura-specific support they can grab, no variety at all.

Yeah, feel exactly the same way.

The thing that bothered me is that it's a long time coming. Auras are strong, and people like more damage, so they stack more auras. If there was an option to increase the effectiveness and mana reservation of auras so you focus on specific types, vs using multiple auras are less powerful thro' supports, I'll get behind this. The issue is that they are making itemisation change for balance which possibly could be done with a mechanical change for balance. Heralds are halfway doing that by being buffs to character only so its more possible for players to stack heralds not auras. Heralds also have additional effects which make them desirable too...

Support gem "tax" was never an issue for auras. Everyone using Reduced Mana isn't specifically the issue, just that there aren't other options. Long time people like the idea of Concentrated Effect to work with auras so players have options between using specific auras more effectively that it just comes to same thing using the same number of supports.

The idea I would have liked to have seen regarding auras/heralds/some other applicable skills is that you can use a support gem that turns them into a temporary buff on your character only that increases the effectiveness so you don't reserve mana. Something like this I see working with Tempest Shield to make it better or Arctic Armour to make it more balanced. This won't stack with corresponding auras.

You just needs support gems so players end up doing things differently if they don't want everyone and their dog to use Reduced Mana but if they were concerned about mana reservation being too strong, just get rid of it all on passive tree, it only appears on jewels and items or add hard limit of number of auras and heralds and expand hard limit on passive tree.

I disagree with removing passives from the tree and just limiting it to jewels, that would be a terrible design choice IMO.

Auras are powerful yes, most builds use them or a combination of them and heralds, but with proper tradeoffs auras should be something people desire to run. You are talking about taking it another step further from GGG's only catering to rich people with enlighten being the new reduced mana for auras and completely removing build options that stack auras, some of which are support characters and thrive on the ability to provide the party with more damage, defenses, ect. Especially with generosity this playstle IMO is very important, why remove the ability to have characters build around this simply because a couple of builds in standard and a handful of people in temp leagues can stack auras to the extreme?

Auras aren't just about damage they are about survive-ability and its not like these builds come without downsides of their own, whether it be because of cost, lack of the ability to clear solo quickly or whatever else it may be.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I don't want it to go to Enlighten but I understand why its happening. It would be better if no mana reservation reduction existed in gem form but that's me.

It wouldn't be terrible if auras had less mana reservation and less effectiveness and using supports to increase effectiveness and mana reservation which invites the idea for players to strengthen auras/heralds they want to use and impose difficulty in choosing what auras they would use due to socket limitations. As I said, I have no problem with so called gem support "tax", with me half not minding Reduced Mana -- the problem with it is that it's too good for auras and it's only somewhat good for active skills - reducing the effectiveness of this gem would just be bad and solely making it aura centric which is unfair to players that actually use it for skills, albeit not many which is why I understand the change to a different gem so it could be rebalanced from another source.

So the current solution is itemisation. Because Enlighten needs to be levelled, difficulty of acquiring level 4 and there will be an optimal set up using +1 gem levels. Acquiring decent jewels with mana reservation reduction sounds far more obtainable with less build breaking (in every sense) opportunities.
"
YellowMage wrote:
It would be better if no mana reservation reduction existed in gem form but that's me.
I actually disagree. It is obviously a popular effect. As long as it is balanced against other aura support gems and, more generally, the opportunity cost of using up a socket, I think it is okay.

The problem is that "balanced against other aura support gems" is currently a concept in a vacuum.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 12, 2015, 9:18:24 PM
KISS.

Reduce 50% auras to 45%.
Revert enlighten, drastically increase its gem EXP effectiveness.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Free cheap auras is a bad idea, plain and simple. Anybody who has been here 2+ years should understand why.

You are just trolling goetz because you think that's all he does to others. Let it go, man; I'd have expected better of you if I hadn't just read several posts of it. It's childish and toxic.

Free? I guess that's where I differ to most, I look at investment differently.

Having % auras reserve less as they level requires investment of time, you need to level your character, you get access to more auras, or as it were, less reserved as you and the gems level. Gem level is tied to character level. Not high enough level? Can't use higher gems.

Goetz' suggestion is that at lvl 24(?) investing GCPs (or whatever currency, however obtained, to simply buy a 20Q gem) one is at their full progression other than tree reserve nodes? It's like the beta version now but rather than cutting out reservation progression other than end game accessing enlighten gems, it throws all reserve progression on lvl 24.

Even the live reduced mana progression is better than this.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 13, 2015, 7:10:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info