Aura Change Feedback and Suggestion

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont like it at all totally breaks two of my builds
One needs a lvl 6 enlighten to run same auras as before (all defensive mind you so its not like I can just leave them off)
Betahttps://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#EoHX/=0ZEtsc
Livehttps://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/g-z3usc

Another needs two lvl 5 enlighten.

How would your build look if quality auras reduced less mana (to the point of where it was with reduced mana gem)?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
That would be awesome. But as is I will one shot myself to any nemesis reflect or reflect map.
Git R Dun!
Perhaps no implicit quality would be impossible, but I'm still in favor of unique quality bonuses tailor fit for each aura. Some of them could be reduced reservation cost (would fit perfectly onto Clarity, for example).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Actually I think % increased mana regen would be best fit for Clarity. :3
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Well you can't do auras cannot gain quality normally, what does that mean no GCP or level 20+gcp combo, what about people that already have quality auras?

Now hold on.

I mentioned that your suggestion had a flaw because people already have corrupted lvl 21 0 quality auras that can't be GCPd.

You went off on one over several posts saying how permanent leagues shouldn't factor in balance, pissing off permanent league players was a non issue and nobody in a temp league would be affected so all good.

Then you come and post this?

Dafuq?

So permanent leagues don't count, pissing permanent league players off doesn't matter, trashed permanent league gems don't mean shit as they can simply level up more, GCP them and try for lvl 21 again, but if it meant they would have something extra, in these non-factor leagues, it's a problem to someone else's suggestion.

Really?

"
goetzjam wrote:
No I mean I have yet to hear reasons against my purposed change. The whole enhance thing was countered by the fact it has a mana multiplier already.

I gave you a reason, which you dismissed, then used that SAME REASON to dismiss Pants' suggestion.
Either the reason against your proposal is sound, or your reason against Pants' is flawed.

Which is it?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 11, 2015, 6:12:56 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Well you can't do auras cannot gain quality normally, what does that mean no GCP or level 20+gcp combo, what about people that already have quality auras?

Now hold on.

I mentioned that your suggestion had a flaw because people already have corrupted lvl 21 0 quality auras that can't be GCPd.

You went off on one over several posts saying how permanent leagues shouldn't factor in balance, pissing off permanent league players was a non issue and nobody in a temp league would be affected so all good.

Then you come and post this?

Dafuq?

So permanent leagues don't count, pissing permanent league players off doesn't matter, trashed permanent league gems don't mean shit as they can simply level up more, GCP them and try for lvl 21 again, but if it meant they would have something extra, in these non-factor leagues, it's a problem to someone else's suggestion.

Really?

"
goetzjam wrote:
No I mean I have yet to hear reasons against my purposed change. The whole enhance thing was countered by the fact it has a mana multiplier already.

I gave you a reason, which you dismissed, then used that SAME REASON to dismiss Pants' suggestion.
Either the reason against your proposal is sound, or your reason against Pants' is flawed.

Which is it?

Could you possibly read what it was in reply to, not just the words.

"

I really like Scrotie's idea, posted in another thread--something along the lines of:
~auras cannot gain quality normally
~each aura has a unique quality bonus when paired with Enhance (and presumably, when corrupted with quality)

So, if by "argument against making quality useful," you mean changing quality to affect reservation costs.. then does "I think there's a better idea to do something with quality," count as argument against? :)

I was replying to the suggested change of not having quality auras at all.... Has absolutely nothing to do with the other thread and shutting down GCPing level 21 gems. It was a question on his implementation or suggestion.

If you weren't so high on your horse maybe you would read what I quoted because I specifically quoted it so people wouldn't take it out of context like you did.

"

Which is it?

Your reason for not having quality auras do reduced mana is because people couldn't GCP their level 21 gems. Do I think its a valid reason no, but at least its some discussion on the topic.

How you don't see quality auras being better then enlighten I don't know, standard league player or not.

If quality auras it allows people to invest into reductions and guildmembers to invest into a support character.

If quality auras it allows for mirrored gear people to still use their gear setup.

The only downside to my suggested system is that people that have level 21\0 auras will need to reaquire them if they want to run as many auras as before, but guess what they would have to aquire all new mirror gear AND level 4 enlightens with the current iteration in beta.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on May 11, 2015, 6:23:48 PM
You used the same argument you dismissed about your suggestion, against someone else's.

No escaping.

And calm down. So upset lately.

"
but guess what they would have to aquire all new mirror gear AND level 4 enlightens with the current iteration in beta.

I don't have any mirrored gear, I know loads of people with lvl 21 0 Q auras who don't have mirrored gear. The enlighten thing is shitty, I agree. I have more faith in me getting a couple of level 4 enlightens though, than replacing all the lvl 21 auras, being that every one of those auras needs to be levelled to 21 and GCP'd, again and again until they hit 21. Do you have any idea how many 1-20 gem levels and GCPs that is?

I know how stubborn gems can be, while I've hit some 21s first try, I am on I think 27 HoTs now all levelled and GCPd (or levelled twice) and still no 21. Wiping the 21 auras I have would be rageworthy, I'm sure there are many that agree.

Replacing a shitty change with a shittier one is no good.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 11, 2015, 6:36:24 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
You used the same argument you dismissed about your suggestion, against someone else's.

No escaping.

What the fuck are you even talking about.

If you aren't going to add anything to the discussion of the thread why bother posting?

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

No escaping.

What the fuck are you even talking about.

If you aren't going to add anything to the discussion of the thread why bother posting?

Goetz, you invited people to your thread for discussion on your suggestion.
People give you discussion and you dismiss it.
You then use the same arguments against others' suggestions.
When that is pointed out, you then tell people they are not adding to the discussion.

What is it you want? Agree that your bad suggestion is the bee's knees or gtfo?

?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 11, 2015, 6:41:28 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Goetz, you invited people to your thread for discussion on your suggestion.
People give you discussion and you dismiss it.
You then use the same arguments against others' suggestions.
When that is pointed out, you then tell people they are not adding to the discussion.

What is it you want? Agree that your bad suggestion is the bee's knees or gtfo?

?
Lol welcome to the internet, Anuhart. You must be new here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info