Aura Change Feedback and Suggestion

"
almostdead wrote:
"
In my opinion, the negative thing about the change to auras is that, instead of having reduced mana be an almost mandatory gem for auras, we'd be having enlighten as an almost mandatory gem for auras. It's the same, except not exactly the same colour.

The reserved % has dropped and since enlighten is very rare and takes a long time to level, most of the people won't have access to it in the temporary leagues - thus it is an exclusive top-end thing, rather than a mandatory one.

Right it removes the option for the majority of players to even each. Builds like the ever so popular "buzzsaw" or similar builds that stack auras are now no longer as possible for the average player, which is a true shame considering the playstyle was actually quite fun.

I rather have the option to play a character like it after investing GCPs into it then trying to level and corrupt enlighten gems that are already super difficult to obtain.

@didii

I don't like the change either hence the post, seems like you mainly agree with me, but maybe not the quality aura part, problem is its quite clear GGG wants some investment to be required to stack auras, the quality change IMO would meet that need, but I've yet to hear anything about this (not surprising really)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I don't like the change either hence the post, seems like you mainly agree with me, but maybe not the quality aura part, problem is its quite clear GGG wants some investment to be required to stack auras, the quality change IMO would meet that need, but I've yet to hear anything about this (not surprising really)

I probably don't agree since I don't look at currency as an investment. In PoE currency means time, the more you play, the more you have (unless you do a lot of trading). What I feel is a better way is if you have to sacrifice something to get to the same level instead of sinking more currency into your character. One extra aura can make a big difference, so putting it 'behind a paywall' is not to my likings.

But we'll see what happens I guess. I'm probably just going to not bother at all, just like low-life builds.
Great PoE utilities!
Aura Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Vorici Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
One-shot calculator: https://goo.gl/IJhYDx
And we see the new AA is mana reserved %.

If this is GGG's way to encourage party play I seriously dislike it. I shouldn't HAVE to play in a party.

Not saying AA is mandatory but it was the best defensive thing left for a caster and now its zzzz.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

If this is GGG's way to encourage party play I seriously dislike it. I shouldn't HAVE to play in a party.

Not saying AA is mandatory but it was the best defensive thing left for a caster and now its zzzz.

You seem mad.

Why shouldn't you have to play in a party?
GGG want you to play in parties, trading, in temp leagues.
GGG design and balance the game around playing in parties, trading, in temp leagues.

You spend enough time reminding people of the latter two, dismissing their concerns, because it's what GGG want. Why should the former be different? Because you have a personal concern there?
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

You seem mad.

Why shouldn't you have to play in a party?
GGG want you to play in parties, trading, in temp leagues.
GGG design and balance the game around playing in parties, trading, in temp leagues.

You spend enough time reminding people of the latter two, dismissing their concerns, because it's what GGG want. Why should the former be different? Because you have a personal concern there?

Mad, no. Disappointed, yes.

The only reason I can see to make AA % reserved is because they don't know how to balance it with mana\mana regen. They took an interesting mechanic and turned it into a defensive herald (basically)

Then they went and took Tempest Shield from an aura reserved and changed it into an interesting mechanic. Seems kinda backwards to me.

Because ARPG's are about gear and character progression, not massive multiplayer online experience? There is a a reason why I play this game over WoW or any other MMO and its mainly because I don't want to depend on other players for everything and definitely not constantly.

I don't mind playing in parties, especially when doing bosses or in smaller groups. With the changes in beta (part leader blue on map, ect) it will help. I do trade with players, but that really has nothing to do with changing a defensive mechanic into a %aura reserved.

Who said GGG was balancing around party play for anything? Its more efficient to do the hardest content in the game solo then it is to party, if that doesn't show they don't balance around parties I don't know what will.

Link me to the post where I've said they balance or should balance the game around party play. Especially in the context you have alluded to it being.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
Link me to the post where I've said they balance or should balance the game around party play. Especially in the context you have alluded to it being.

What post?

It's no secret GGG favour, promote, reward and try as much as possible to get people to play the way they want, trading, partying, temp leagues. Have you been under a rock?

You are quick to remind people who have concerns about permanent leagues and economy focus, quick to dismiss their concerns and cite the 'it's GGG's game' 'don't like it f.off to D3' etc, etc.

How come you are not championing their constant party focus? It's nothing new, it's their game, they design it how they want. I could repeat more of the crap you throw at anyone with concerns about the game.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 17, 2015, 4:17:51 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

What post?

It's no secret GGG favour, promote, reward and try as much as possible to get people to play the way they want, trading, partying, temp leagues. Have you been under a rock?

You are quick to remind people who have concerns about permanent leagues and economy focus, quick to dismiss their concerns and cite the 'it's GGG's game' 'don't like it f.off to D3' etc, etc.

How come you are not championing their constant party focus? It's nothing new, it's their game, they design it how they want. I could repeat more of the crap you throw at anyone with concerns about the game.

"it's no secret" ....

I mean no where has GGG ever said "we design the game and balance it around party play" Yes they have elements that make trading and economy important, but neither of those require you to actually play with other plays when doing the content of the game.

None of the challenges they have added make or have made parties more desireable.

Bloodlines (with stuff after death, invasion bosses, atziri) all of these are actually better solo then in parties, so as you say GGG wants people to party together, why on earth do they make all this content that is better solo?

None of what you say is actually relevant to this discussion at all....

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info