Aura Change Feedback and Suggestion

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Plus items like Alpha Howl because much more powerful (not that that is too much of an issue its one of my fav unqiues) because not only does it have reduced mana reservation cost, but it gives +2 to aura levels, which in turn those +levels make those gems cost EVEN LESS.

I've seen this posted a few times. How does +2 to aura gem levels in Alpha's Howl make gems/auras cost/reserve less?

It was in response to me offering an alternative to Goetz' suggestion where aura quality = reduced reserve. Not only would this piss off people in permanent leagues who already have 21/0 auras, but it would mean the only investment in aura reserve (other than tree) is that of wealth. Your reserve is no longer tied to level (reduced mana gem) but simply to wtb GCPs and would be completed at lvl 24(?) when you can equip all auras.

I suggested having aura gem level grant reduced reserve (although let it be known I'm pretty fine with the current RM method). Bonuses per gem level need not be consistent (as in 1.0 or 0.5 per quality) but can be granted at any gem levels GGG wants at any value GGG wants and can even offer nothing past x% at ylvl. See +max resistance on purity of x auras.

Well its worth mentioning that standard players are already "pissed off" with the changes they are testing in beta basically moving reduced mana to enlighten for auras. In the the grand scheme of things my suggestion would piss off less people as they won't have to completely change out gear in order to run the same auras they are now, simply re-invest into gems, which is a much lessor cost.

You make it seem like a level 24 character in a new league can afford 20gcp X amount of auras they will run, that isnt the case so I have no idea what you mention that.

Its also worth mentioning that you are completely bias on this as you have multiple 21\0 gems and don't want to lose them.

Levels are guaranteed and you are bashing my idea that you have to actually invest into running more auras when your suggestion requires nothing special.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
TIL more people have mirrored gear than have 21/0 auras.

I don't even....

It's also worth noting....
Give feedback against a suggestion that doesn't affect you and you are just trolling, "it don't even affect you".
Give feedback against a suggestion that does affect you and "you are just biased".
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 16, 2015, 4:35:34 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
TIL more people have mirrored gear than have 21/0 auras.

I don't even....

It's also worth noting....
Give feedback against a suggestion that doesn't affect you and you are just trolling, "it don't even affect you".
Give feedback against a suggestion that does affect you and "you are just biased".

Its about the total cost to replace it not about the amount of people that have mirrored gear.

Its quite clear you are biased anyone can go look thru your inventory and see multiple level 21\0 gems. But guess what, no mirrored gear that would be ruined.

FeelsBadMan

Goetz, of course I'm going to object to things that adversely affect me, lmao.

I also object to things that adversely affect others. Like the change as is on beta.

This is the twilight zone or something?

I actually don't even...
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Goetz, of course I'm going to object to things that adversely affect me, lmao.

I also object to things that adversely affect others. Like the change as is on beta.

This is the twilight zone or something?

I actually don't even...

There is a big difference between objecting because you have something to lose or objecting because its a bad change for the game.

The change of removing reduced mana from auras is actually good thing, but the implementation to basically move its properties to enlighten are not. That being said I made this thread to come up with suggestions that can work better given the fact they probably won't revert back to the way it is on live.

Yes they could do +levels or just scale until level 20, but every single person levels auras, that nothing original and nothing you have to invest in at all.

If anything has suggested they want us to invest into running multiple auras its the node locations on the tree and the fact they didnt just reduce the total cost of auras to compensate completely for not having reduced mana. So I based my suggestion on the fact that I think GGG wants us to invest, in multiple ways to run multiple auras, hence why I suggested quality, as mentioned a couple pages back people may need to pick between 21\20 auras or 20\23 auras depending on how many they are going to run. We did the math and enhance cannot be used to reduce the mana cost of auras more then its current multiplier, which make my suggestion actually work fine.

Yes you will need to relevel or rebuy 21\20 auras, but honestly thats a much better place then people having to replace mirrored gear, re-roll corrupted gear or any other change that may make enlighten needed (b) instead of the (r) socket they have.

In addition it give purpose to something that has none, without the benefit of something like flat life regen for vitality (per quality), faster es recovery (discipline), mana regen % (clarity) You get the picture.

But ultimately you object my idea so hard because you have to have something change on your build, but my idea is much better for temp leagues and standard league players compared to what GGG is suggesting.

FeelsBadMan

Anuhart, would you be opposed to improved monster AI? Smarter monsters would, naturally, be more threatening to players than they were before. Would you expect some form of simultaneous monster damage nerf, or would you be okay with better AI even if no other adjustments?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Anuhart, would you be opposed to improved monster AI? Smarter monsters would, naturally, be more threatening to players than they were before. Would you expect some form of simultaneous monster damage nerf, or would you be okay with better AI even if no other adjustments?

What in the blazes has that to do with the price of auras in Wraeclast?
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

What in the blazes has that to do with the price of auras in Wraeclast?

Price? What price?
I remember that old days when you run seven auras without serious investiment, when costs for most of them were flat instead of proportional to mana/life. They were too much overused by everyone. If there is something that is still overused it is the three heralds. Their mana costs are too low in comparison to their benefits for both attack and spells. I hope GGG fix it at close beta soon.
"
PHRandom wrote:
I remember that old days when you run seven auras without serious investiment, when costs for most of them were flat instead of proportional to mana/life. They were too much overused by everyone. If there is something that is still overused it is the three heralds. Their mana costs are too low in comparison to their benefits for both attack and spells. I hope GGG fix it at close beta soon.

Yeah, i agree, GGG always makes the same mistakes, letting people stack auras in some terribly imbalanced way and then the heralds. They basically have to balance auras for people who use as many as possible so people like me who really just wanna use 1 aura on mana and still cast from mana are screwed. I just want my flat auras back so i can at least use something other than a herald or something other than clarity with reduced mana. This game really is anti casual player. Balancing around top players screws lower end people. I dont even wanna start with the spell/ranged attack totems...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info