Unpopular opinion: GGG should put their foot down regarding "QoL" and convenience (e.g. loot filter)

You can just use a few lines to make it useful.
Spoiler

Show
Class Fishing Rods
Hide
Rarity Normal Magic
Sockets < 3

This way, you hide a lot of useless items, while still showing the Fishing Rods, which are worth a lot.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's kind of like the QWERTY keyboard. It was originally designed to slow down typists.

Well this is not true at all. The QWERTY keyboard was designed to speed up typing by preventing jams, not slow it down.
Neat
"
Ztoff wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's kind of like the QWERTY keyboard. It was originally designed to slow down typists.

Well this is not true at all. The QWERTY keyboard was designed to speed up typing by preventing jams, not slow it down.

I didn't know this before, but yeah Ztoff is right.
"
rrtson wrote:
But at a certain point, isn't "convenience" synonymous with ease of content?

inconvenience is difficulty

"
rrtson wrote:
So if a loot filter is implemented for the sake of convenience, why not implement an Auction House too, in the name of convenience?

convenience means auction house

"
rrtson wrote:
As you're aware by now, giving into demands of QoL features starts to become a slippery slope of compromises.

we can't make 1 convenient thing without making everything else convenient too

"
rrtson wrote:
Too much convenience (via QoL features) turns a game into a borefest. Developers should draw a line in the sand, and take a stand against player demands of making the game more convenient.

convenience is boring

---

Just quoting and summarizing the OP makes the point clear enough. All I did was take the negative statements in OP (don't do X) and convert them into positive statements (do do X-compliment). It's amazing how absurd the exhortations become when transformed into positive statements. Better get back to that original vision of ignoring the community GGG, the community demands it!
I guess this post proves people will literally find a way to bitch about anything. Someone is literally complaining about the removal of the giant screen covering piles of white text that make it impossible to actually see any of the games graphics and arguing that inconvenience = gameplay.
The point is that we are not in the 90's where everyone was modding everything like Quake console, Black Isle games etc. I hate any modifications which are not official game features whether they are useful or not. Thats why I always play only vanilla and I will be against everything which is non original. Same goes for macro... why does it exists ? Because desynch exists.
Interesting is how the usage of the zoom hack was a bannable reason, but that was a modification aswell just like this. And why ? because it gave you and advantage just like the macro or the loot filter.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on May 6, 2015, 5:51:59 AM
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
The point is that we are not in the 90's where everyone was modding everything like Quake console, Black Isle games etc. I hate any modifications which are not official game features whether they are useful or not. Thats why I always play only vanilla and I will be against everything which is non original. Same goes for macro... why does it exists ? Because desynch exists.
Interesting is how the usage of the zoom hack was a bannable reason, but that was a modification aswell just like this. And why ? because it gave you and advantage just like the macro or the loot filter.

It was actually an answer to marremurt, who could use just a few lines of filter script, rather than a full one if it bothers him too much.

The loot filter scripts are 100% official content, and require no modding of the game, just a little logic, and to check the syntax for it.
"
morbo wrote:
Games like PoE are nowadays released unfinished, because the technology allows them to polish the game afterwards. <...> In the good old days when nobody had internet, games had to be finished before they hit the store.
BS. For example, open the list of bugs which mod BG2fixpack fixes and realize... that even before the Internet became widespread people have played and even completed BG2 (some even without the last off. patch).
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Dude run a double beyond pack size map or an olmec with MFer. There is so much loot on the ground that you need to destroy the blues to see some of the items because you need to walk to screens away to see them but at that time they disappear or you can no longer click them.

Making it easier to pick that loot means not wasting 3-4 minutes destroying blue items or having to pick every single items and then move it a screen away in order to just GET to id the rest of the items.

If by increasing difficulty of the game you mean adding time wasters that dont amount to anything that im firmly against.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
The loot filter scripts are 100% official content, and require no modding of the game, just a little logic, and to check the syntax for it.

Can I set the loot filter in the ingame options ? No. Does it require to create or edit a file in the games directory ? yes. I call it modding. And they are not official.... they are released by players.

"
andkamen wrote:
Dude run a double beyond pack size map or an olmec with MFer. There is so much loot on the ground that you need to destroy the blues to see some of the items because you need to walk to screens away to see them but at that time they disappear or you can no longer click them.

Too bad right ? But the game is designed like that.... give or take.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on May 6, 2015, 6:24:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info