Unpopular opinion: GGG should put their foot down regarding "QoL" and convenience (e.g. loot filter)

Go back to your coffin, granpa. It's 2015 now. You can't keep torturing your children's eyes with those loot text clutters all over the place.

From a 90s gamer.
"
rrtson wrote:

If a Mirror of Kalandra drops, and Player-A notices, while Player-B doesn't, shouldn't Player-A justifiably reap the rewards of being able to visually identify the Mirror of Kalandra?

When I play in parties, I'm always the one who is able to collect the most Chromatic recipes per map. That is a skill I've developed, to snatch a linked tri-color item from a pool of other items before anyone else can notice it.

---------------

One example I forgot to mention was the loot allocation, which demonstrably highlights my concern. In Open Beta, there was short allocation, then now we have permanent allocation

----------

All those statements simply say. "I want to be able to Loot Snipe other players loot"
You've pointed out that you are proficient at spotting loot and you feel you should be rewarded with others loots without them noticing it.

the chromatic recipe items are understandable. but your talking a mirror or whatever valued item.
Basically your pointing out that your the type of player that spots a chaos orb or exalted orb someone missed, waits til they leave the area to grab it up.

true this happens often and nobody can blame you for grabbing it up.
But now you want to be upset that we are gaining a visual aid to help lower that chance or prevent people from missing it.

May as well just say. "I don't like this option, because I wont be able to take as much of other peoples loots now"

As for your dislike of permanent allocation,

Ive been in games with leader having set short allocation, and be trying to pick up a drop that was for me, just to have someone grab it as it became available to them a split second before i would have picked it up. this wasn't because i didn't notice it.

so your argument for UN-noticed loot would not apply in that situation. of course I'm sure your reply would be "should have been quicker" In which the loot filter will help , which shows your greed and desire to loot snipe is the only reason you are upset.

Ive played games since the Atari 2600, and as an old school gamer, i have to say your argument over old games that were hard ,unwavering, unchanged , etc etc...
they were NOT MMO's either. we played on consoles. it was you against the AI of the game.

Edit: Typos
Last edited by innerturmoil on May 30, 2015, 2:31:30 PM
"
awave wrote:

that premise might apply to a few other things...but the loot filter is brilliant.

That image is the reason why I shall continue to applaud the implementation of the loot filter. All that garbage cluttering my screen doesn't improve gameplay, it's just a clusterfuck that's obstructing my vision. Being able to filter out 95% of it improves gameplay.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
awave wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/iechP8q.jpg

that premise might apply to a few other things...but the loot filter is brilliant.

That image is the reason why I shall continue to applaud the implementation of the loot filter. All that garbage cluttering my screen doesn't improve gameplay, it's just a clusterfuck that's obstructing my vision. Being able to filter out 95% of it improves gameplay.

Arguably the better alternative is to reduce loot quantity and increase loot quality, at least when in a party.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
awave wrote:

Arguably the better alternative is to reduce loot quantity and increase loot quality, at least when in a party.

Is that so? What about vendor recipes? What about chancing? What about alching bases?

You'll find that if you really sit down and have a long think about it, reducing the overall quantity of drops is just not a possibility for a game like this. When designing my loot filter, there were some things that I thought for sure that no one would want to see. (like magic jewelry, who picks that shit up after your ring slots are taken?) Everyone has a different opinion on what is worthy and what isn't.

Everything on the ground has a potential. That's the kicker. It's just that people have wildly different views on how valuable each potential is.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
awave wrote:

So less items and everything that does drop is then bis gear? Nice thinking but not feasible.

This loot filter should be accesible in game , not outside the game . i want to be able to tweak it when I play . What they are doing now is the same thing they did with trading - exactly nothing at all untill a guy desinged the trade website .

Let's make it so the Loot Filter is not another PoE trade XyZ ?
R.I.P 4.B.
Please we need a loot filter! My screen is cluttered with whites and blues I don't need!
TL;DR: "I don't like this and refuse to use it, GGG should also prohibit anyone else from using it."
Simple reply:NO.
Slightly more complicated reply:NO. But people will find a workaround regardless, just like they did with the cheat detection.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Using the slippery slope fallacy is not going to give you many supporters.

One example I forgot to mention was the loot allocation, which demonstrably highlights my concern. In Open Beta, there was short allocation, then now we have permanent allocation. Caving into demands for convenience is in fact a very slippery slope. It's not a fallacy at all.

Disagree with pretty much everything that you said and this paragraph just reinforces how much I disagree with you.

With FFA and short allocation the forum had lots of threads complaining about this forced loot mini game, the mandatory pvp that didn't have any actual fighting. Now I challenge anyone to pull up threads complaining about the game having looting options and wanting the forced "loot tension" back in the game.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info