Tone down Heralds effects

The hands look great in high res and the explosions give weight to our damage, HoA+HoI+Infernal blowing up the entire screen is straight up awesome, dont change a thing GGG!

You guys complaining about the graphics with 10 supporter tags under your avatar... should have stopped at 9 and upgraded from your 90s dell laptop.
Last edited by Rimez on May 13, 2015, 12:30:10 AM
You people complain about everything.

What the hell is wrong with heralds?
Can we just get a mtx to remove the visual effect or something?
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Please don't listen to those people and don't tone done the heralds' effects.

They look great individually and usually even better in pairs.

What you could do is enhance the tri-herald look, to make it more distinctive maybe. OTher than that, I don't see any reason to change those.
I also find it obnoxious that it covers glove and weapon skins.
I guess I'm the minority here, but not only I don't think there's anything wrong with heralds, but I would actually LOVE to get old aura effects as an option (possibly MTX). No nostalgia involved: I wasn't here during closed beta. But once I saw old Kripp's videos I've decided that those are some MTX, and was vastly disappointing they weren't.
"
Russell wrote:
Iv tried toning them back 3 times now haha. They look good by themselves (me thinks atleast) but damn... When stacked *blegh*. Iv been trying to think of how I can change them. I wish we could have them faze slowly out and in with each other. We dont really have a way of doing that though : /. When I created them I was told most people would use 1 or maybe 2. Only really niche builds would use 3. Well that turned out mega wrong and now im face palming whenever I see them all together everywhere. If I wasn't so busy with act 4 stuff I would take a look at it. We are just too bogged down at the moment : <

Is it the hand effect or the effect when hitting things you dont like?

Im worried this is going to turn into another aura thing where people will send me threats if I change it haha.ha.. ahhhhh....

Couldn't you simply write a script that counts the number of heralds active, then plays each individual effect for say a 33% slice of the system clock in a cyclical manner? I'm curious about game engines, what's stopping you from doing something like this?
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on May 13, 2015, 2:32:34 AM
Suggestion.

Give it no effect on your character. But add it to the on hit effect.

Like hitting with HOA would give it a quick burn effect on the character hit.
Same with HOT and HOI.

Or just add a feature in the interface panel that disables effects on your character. disabling aura´s and heralds and what not from your character visually.
"
darkjoy wrote:
You people complain about everything.

What the hell is wrong with heralds?

I totally agree. How can people complain about every aspect of the game constantly. It is what it is. And it's awesome.
My Suggestion is to make orange (Ash)/white (Ice)/violet or blue (Thunder) stripes flying around the gloves like the effect of Dying Breath staff. When character stacks heralds the stripes shouldnt cover.

The effects on kill are OK.

U could also remove the on hand effect when holding shield so the stripes stays only on main hand.
Diablo 3 is tutorial for PoE.
10/10
Last edited by Brunini on May 13, 2015, 3:01:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info