Tone down Heralds effects

Going to say, that i love Heralds and the way they work and look. I actually bothered to create and level a char to 24 to put on heralds and play a bit. Its glorious!

Its a matter of taste. Some like running around looking like Coca Cola cans, but some like Coca Cola cans with flashing shit!

I used to play MU Online and Lineage 2, man i loved them effects in there. Especially Spirit/Soul shot effects on your weapons when you're using it.

Maybe that's the answer?

There are no effects, until you hit ant enemy, after you hit an enemy, herald effect just "blows up" for a short time and vanishes.

Would be badass with high attack speed.

Example of what i am talking about can be seen here
https://youtu.be/Wz1AxUsg52I?t=18
Herald effects just need to be placed in better places on characters.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on May 23, 2015, 10:33:19 PM
With the new 40% nerf on HOI and HOT in beta, I no longer have a reason to stack Heralds. Now I don't have to worry about how goofy they look when I'm running multiples.

Thanks for the quick fix!
My computer isn't top of the line, but I typically don't have any problems with POE. The two things that cause me any issues are massive amounts of corrupted ground mist (still very playable, but slightly choppy) and Herald of Ice explosions.

I decided to give my old Ice Nova non-crit freeze proliferation build one last hurrah before Elemental Proliferation is sent to the graveyard. I'm running Herald of Ice with Cold Penetration and Increased AOE, and have 40% increased AOE on the tree.

Every time I kill a pack with maybe 8+ monsters, my screen freezes due to a number of Herald explosions equal to the number of dead monsters. The freeze lasts for about one second with a small pack, about two seconds with large packs, and about three seconds with a big fracturing pack. Monsters zip along at super speed to catch up to wherever they're supposed to be after the freeze.

This is clearly a huge issue, and I'm having to put down this character now that the build's finally coming together and my clear speed (and therefore screen freeze frequency) is increasing. Proliferating freezes has turned out to be incredibly unsafe for me in HC, which is exactly the opposite of what I'd expect.

I love freeze builds and Herald of Ice, but this effect is so excessively graphic intensive that I simply can't play them. It'd be nice if Herald of Ice's explosions could be toned down a bit to eliminate this issue. Even an MTX I could use that is much simpler would be a huge improvement.

Edit: I just did some runs through merciless Riverways. I used my usual Herald/Increased AOE/Cold Penetration setup and also subbed in Conc Effect for Increased AOE. With Conc Effect, I only had screen freezes on massive packs, and even those were very slight. With my usual setup, the smallest packs gave me worse screen freezes than huge packs with Conc Effect. There's definitely a problem with how graphic intensive the skill becomes when you scale up the AOE.

I might be able to keep playing the build if I switch to using Conc Effect, but it's just not the same. An Ice Nova that would kill every monster on the screen plus some off the sides with Increased AOE will instead just kill most of the monsters on the screen with Conc Effect. It's so much worse and not nearly as fun to play due to the difference in AOE size on the Herald. I'll still see if I can live with it, though.
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 23, 2015, 5:00:15 PM
"
Russell wrote:
Is it the hand effect or the effect when hitting things you dont like?

For me, it's largely the glove effects... For a lot of the visual styles we're striving to do, they can feel pretty over-done, as a lot of the images have shown.

My issue has been, of course, with it clashing with shields. I guess the following explains it all:

The shield, on its own, is easily one of the best-looking pieces of gear I've been able to put on my character in ANY game... So, of course, it's a little disappointing to see it obscured with hand-flames clipping through it.

"
Russell wrote:
Im worried this is going to turn into another aura thing where people will send me threats if I change it haha.ha.. ahhhhh....

That'd be terrible; just from the two posts you made here I can definitely appreciate how clever and creative you are; most of the animation stuff in the game actually, at face value, are pretty well-done. It's just, as in cases like these, issues of how they can clash.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Not a big fan of Herald effects being on the hands. Would be nice to see a nice simple ring around the base of the character like the old days.

Herald of Ash hand effect is REALLY bright. There is no way I can use it without burning my eyes.
Herald of Ash
-Don't like that it covers the arms, should only cover hands

Herald of Ice
-Don't like that it covers the arms, should only cover hands

Herald of Thunder
-I like it, but as others have said, clipping through shield is annoying.

Would it be possible to only have herald effect on one hand if you have shield equipped?
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Or just give the weapons you're wielding a special glow (radiant mtx effects).

But for the love of god, please tone that effect down.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Jul 17, 2015, 6:59:30 AM
+1 bump.

With 3 heralds i can't even see my wand and shield. Makes skin transfer useless.
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info