Tone down Heralds effects

While you're at it, you could tone down tempest shield massively too. In my opinion it's the most obnoxious looking effect in the game. Well that and tentacle wings.

I can start a new thread for this if needed.

Ta,
Ben
FiftyShadesOfBlade
Heralds do NOT lag me at all. Just get a medium tier pc and you will be fine. You cheap cheap basterd
I totally agree with Snorkle here:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well... theres 2 ways of looking at them lol, I think they look really awesome in theory, as in, the effects you made look really cool, they dont look bad as in theyre not done well, its not that the fire looks cheap and not like fire etc, in that respect they look awesome.

I just dont ever want a large effect on my hands no matter how well its done is the issue lol.

Spoiler
For example the imhc thing recently, my guild leader foxtactics got to 3/4 at some point, he was streaming, and Chernobog's Pillar dropped (kreygasm)... so he stuck on his red suit, red boots, red gloves and his pilgrim hat (he likes his vampire hunter d getup), and then he skinned Chern onto his shield and was hyped about how it all looked... and then he turned his auras back on.... and his HoT effect came through his shield cause its this massive thing on his hands and ruined it, he went on some mini rant about how he wished you could just turn off the visual of heralds cause they ruin how you character looks and having been in the same situation I agreed, a number of guildies were saying "yeah I have exactly the same problem I wish I could just shut them off I hate using them".

I dunno, they make me feel top heavy (lol), I dont really mind any level of chaos at my feet thats done well or somewhere detached from my character but on my hands i wouldnt really want anything that made my hands bigger than my hands already are, it makes me feel like this

Its not that you didnt do a good job with the effects theyre done really well, its just, ya, theyre big hands lol. I do admit tho that there would be "omg russell noooo !!11211!!!!" from some quarters if the effects were just completely removed. but Im not gonna lie, i would be over the moon if there was an off switch for people who wont want them clipping through shields etc, Id use it regardless of shields or not, just because I cant deal with the magic mickey mouse gloves.

Dont take that as a criticism of your work though russell the actual effects are exquisitely done.

The Herald effects look excellent, they're just intrusive, especially when the color clashes with your build! They also make Lori's Lantern skins pointless.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
The heralds look very nice by themselves, but they do cover up any skins you might have on the gloves. I'm a big fan of the subtle weapon effects (Azure, Lavender and Ivory look really nice IMO) but they're very difficult to see with the heralds on. Why buy a weapon effect you can barely see?

I wonder how low the pixel count (forgive me if that's the wrong term)could go and still have the heralds look good? Just like with the olde argument about auras, it would be great to have the option to toggle on a low-res version of the heralds so you could see your glove / weapon effect.

Keep up the great work, Russell !
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on May 13, 2015, 6:55:28 AM
Giving players the ability to scale down the size of the effect. Dreams.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
dream would be to scale the size of the effect depending on how strong the herald is.
IGN TylordRampage
I think being able to control the visual strength of all auras/heralds/buffs would be an excellent QoL improvement

Ben
FiftyShadesOfBlade
It is quite telling that people (myself included) would actually pay money to remove the effects. As stated repeatedly they are too big. They obscure weapon MTX and can clip through shields.
"
Folivorus wrote:
It is quite telling that people (myself included) would actually pay money to remove the effects. As stated repeatedly they are too big. They obscure weapon MTX and can clip through shields.

+1

At least GGG should give us possibility to turn off visual effect of Heralds (for free :)) until they solve the problem, so no one will complain.
Last edited by SevenKnives on May 13, 2015, 11:03:04 AM
I'm all for that phasing in and out idea! Though how about some overlap still but at a lesser transparency in the transition. That's one of the cool perks with hearld stacking 2 of them. I already love how they look currently but that kind of change would be welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info