Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Some people have gotten quite close.

I don't have a set time for the reveal, but it'll be probably within the next few hours.

Why u dont stop this crappy unique hunt and just post Patch notes about mega nerf on all uniques??
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

I don't have a set time for the reveal, but it'll be probably within the next few hours.

THE HYPEE!?!¬?"¬
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

The hype is real.
"
Doedre is well known for cursing, thanks to Doedre's Damning, and we have seen a +1 max curse jewel.

But for the heck of it I'll also mention Doedre's elixir grants charges, and Dodre's Tenure trades cast speed for spell damage.

This unique could be particularly interesting to me, as I'm thinking of playing a multi-curser in the next league.

Seeing as I'll be off work all week (just got home from surgery), I look forward to watching streamers using this. =)

Or you could win a key
"
"
Doedre is well known for cursing, thanks to Doedre's Damning, and we have seen a +1 max curse jewel.

But for the heck of it I'll also mention Doedre's elixir grants charges, and Dodre's Tenure trades cast speed for spell damage.

This unique could be particularly interesting to me, as I'm thinking of playing a multi-curser in the next league.

Seeing as I'll be off work all week (just got home from surgery), I look forward to watching streamers using this. =)

Or you could win a key

Oh, good idea, I'll get right on that.
The hunt is over!

So who got the closest?

Well, anyone who guessed this was a cursing item was on the right track. A lot of people had good ideas about how the item might work, or the philosophy behind it, but some were closer than others. Here are the three closest guesses!

Third place: Mokihiki
Prize: 50 microtransaction points

Mokihiki's guess
Yeah it probably has something to do with curses.

And because there's a +1 curse jewel my guess is the unique mod is one that scales by how many curses a target is affected by.

Mokihiki made the right connection between the item and the Dark Thoughts jewel. This is a multicurse item, that cares how many curses an enemy has on them.

Note: Selfless leadership may mention the Darktongue clan, but its flavour text was written after Doedre's Scorn was designed.

Second Place: Wooser69
Prize: 75 microtransaction points

Wooser69's guess
As for the item and it working well with a jewel, I guess its gotta be dark thoughts. It'd make sense if it's a mod that works well with multiple curses in general, not just the jewel, due to her ring. Taking note of 'more innovative means of spell casting', here's so ideas on what we can expect:
  • gaining a bonus against cursed enemies, per curse on them
  • gaining a bonus for each different curse applied recently/nearby/whatever
  • your curses proliferate
  • curses in this item become auras, reserving their mana cost and applying within their radius
  • igniting enemies applies curses in this item
  • all curses in this item are cast at the same time
  • very simply, gems in this item supported by curse on hit
  • a global version of curse on hit, curses in this item apply on hit with anything

Wooser69 was closer, offering several interesting ideas, some of which were considered. Only one was used though. Specifically, the idea that your scaling bonus would be about punishing cursed enemies.

First Place: GDSLICK
Prize: 100 microtransaction points

GDSLICK's guess
(240-260%) increased energy shield
-20 to all attributes
(10-20%) increased spell damage
20% spell dmg per curse on enemy

1% spell dmg leeched as mana per curse on enemy

GDSlick, was not only very close, very early on regarding the nature of two mods, including the unique mod, but they also nearly called the mod values themselves.

How close were they?

This close

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone for playing!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
NICE!
Go AB's
Whoa what the, we get points? Awesome! Thanks Dan!

Question, is the bonus only to you or is it like taryns where it adds a debuff that your party can benefit from? Assuming the former from the wording.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Apr 20, 2015, 1:00:01 AM
hey I won

badass

:)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
The bonus damage is just for you, because you're wearing the helm.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info