Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

I've mostly been quietly following people's reactions over the weekend, but I can't wait until you guys actually get to experience what we've been working on! I should point out that many of us aren't on the tracker though, so it's not a totally reliable comparison.

I can't really announce anything that wasn't in the press tour, but I have some trivia for the marketing stuff I worked on if you like.

For example, I made (and played) most of the characters in the gameplay trailer. It was a fun couple of days because I was just playing act 4 to gather footage.

I actually created one more character for filming, but some key things it was using weren't ready to be shown.

A bunch of screenshots include my testing/preview characters because I lent my internal account to the people making them.

The necrotic armour set gained some cool effects after I finished filming, but sadly they weren't in the press tour version.

Abyssal Cry looks awesome when combined with Demon Hand Cleave. That's pretty much entirely why the Marauder in the trailer is using Cleave.

While I was filming, several important things such as Energy Shield were totally broken.

I designed one of the unique items in The Awakening. It hasn't been shown off in any of the marketing materials. What's weird is I could've sworn I've seen it around here somewhere...
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
TheJedipimp wrote:
The whispering ice?

Nope, that's Rory's.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Xenimui wrote:

I admit to nothing.

"
Patrae wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I designed one of the unique items in The Awakening. It hasn't been shown off in any of the marketing materials. What's weird is I could've sworn I've seen it around here somewhere...

This one of the older Jorrhast's Blacksteel or Helepolis?

No, it's a new one with a new name, the name just isn't visible. As far as I can tell it's exclusively showing up on the forums, and I can say with certainty Reddit hasn't spotted it yet. It's kind of hidden in plain sight, but you probably wouldn't think to look for it.

Let me know if you reckon you've found it :)

Gameplay & Level Design
"
AusterlitZ wrote:

"
Does it happen to be the Goddess Unleashed or Jack's reaper axe?

how could he design something that are supporter created items ?

It's not a supporter item. It's also not anything guessed so far, because those things are mostly visible off the forums.

It's not the in-game item that's visible, just its visual appearance. So it's not in an inventory, or linked in a post or anything.

Gameplay & Level Design
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Apr 12, 2015, 11:50:22 PM
That appears to be a picture of one of my testing characters wielding a Karui Sceptre with an arctic weapon effect.

Technically, it's equipped to the character in this screenshot. In fact this was the character I made to test it. It's got a skin applied to it though, so it's literally impossible to tell. For that reason, it isn't the cameo I'm referring to.

Also you didn't find that image on the forums, so it can't be my unique :)

Gameplay & Level Design
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
But since you said you were using a Karui scepter
Then said I can't see since max is applied
And everything looks to be mtxed
Beside the weapon which is a crystal scepter
My guess is that your unique is a scepter

Those images aren't clues because they're on the Awakening site, not the forums. The image in question is forums exclusive.

So what visual elements do the forums have that no other part of the website does?

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
If so I'm a bit disappointed http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/809771
There have been no attack mace since brightbeak :(

Are you trying to trick me into giving away whether or not there's a unique attack mace in 2.0? Well I'm onto you and it's not going to work.

Gameplay & Level Design
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Apr 12, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
You mean Leo?

He's on the non-forums part of the site too.

Gameplay & Level Design
Well they did, but the background just changed.

Fortunately, there was nothing to find in the background.

Gameplay & Level Design
I think it's your browser cache. I'm seeing the new one everywhere.

Gameplay & Level Design
"
Perhaps a bunch of grinding gears, a portal shuriken projectile (Idea derived from his avatar), or the I in the Path of Exile logo at the top of the forum is a sword or something :P

I dunno, I had a look at the various visual elements of the forum and nothing stood out too much. If it is a part of a particular forum post than I really dunno.

One of those things is on the right track. It's not actually any of the things you mentioned, but one of them is closer than the others.

Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info