Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

"
Mahesys wrote:
Mhhh as Chronoexile posted:

"she was not articulate/mouth was a black hole (artistic license maybe?), and she was willing to give... without hesitation"

So the jewel might be selfless leadership? with that you're going to give extra stats to minions without hesitation

Maybe the unique property will be "Stats give to minions are increased by X%". This will work with the above jewel and with necromantic aegis

I think the Selfless Leadership jewel is much more fitting for synergy with a Darktongue clan unique helm, even though the Dark Thoughts influences curses.

All the influence of Doedre's items on curses must come with a price, and my guess would be that the price could be silence.

My guess would be that Doedre's Scorn

has the downside: a chance to for the user to be silenced when casting a spell

increases the power and duration of curses by consuming energy charges

grants part of the user's energy shield to minions - this last one could be accomplished by a mind over matter mechanism, where a portion of the damage taken by minions comes from the user's energy shield, but I think the costs of that with a lot of minions would be excessive.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 17, 2015, 2:31:05 PM
My guess is it has the legacy tree effect of Curses cast by you do not expire.

I mean, Doedre's Darktongue, cmon. would be very surprised if she had nothing to do with curses.
Oblivious
My god, this thread is still alive? I thought the community would've figured it out within three days ...

Yet another proof that GGG are pretty clever with their- torture -I mean, mysteries ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
"
DalaiLama wrote:

[...]All the influence on curses must come with a price, and my guess would be that the price could be silence.[...]

Curse gems socket-ed in this item are applied on hit by your minions. You cannot cast curse gems socket-ed in this item. (with better wording)
Last edited by ChronoExile on Apr 17, 2015, 2:32:15 PM
man i just noticed selfless leadership description . God damn it , why have spell damage bonus and lose cast speed when you use undead darktongue , WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY..wait a minute , maybe because you can give a part of your bonuses through items to your minions.

Well that would be cool , ok ok ok ok alright! Minion helm , 2 to level of minions . x% increased effects of your buffs on minions , maaaaaaaybe x% of damage modifiers on your items apply to minions?
Huuuuuh and the fact Darktongue it self has no room for eyes this means it can let itself guided from its minions , maybe more than damage modifiers. maybe defensive modifiers? Maybe curses? Your minion applying curses instead of you could be understandable too. Damn item , we need more hints.
Last edited by MadBro_ on Apr 17, 2015, 2:40:08 PM
what about something like

"%decrease to light radius is applied as %increase to curse effect"

tricky to word, but we have seen similar styled mechanics from ggg
on items like crown of eyes.

something like this would fit with the darktongue curse theme,
and also with the lack of eye holes on the helm and doedras tendency
to "trade-off"

doedras damning would also give you a second curse to "buff" easily making
this a good 2 for 1 trade using 2 doedra items..
As far as the jewel goes, I dunno :)

do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
If the gem in question is "Army of Bones" maybe the helm automates casting skeletons in some way, perhaps behaving somewhat like a permanent Skeletal Shrine.
Guys don't forget that we actually have seen doedre http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/238960-Doedre%20Darktongue

It's clear she also likes to use fire, not just minions. http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/items/238960/5022bb23774468de86730bd2e6a41284bf9e7758.jpg

Her uniques centre around self sacrifice for power as well as cursing. She is known for having been maligaro's student in thaumatergy, though I don't know the specifics of why he cut her tongue. We also know that voll had her executed in the western forest by burning her at the stake.

As for the item and it working well with a jewel, I guess its gotta be dark thoughts. It'd make sense if it's a mod that works well with multiple curses in general, not just the jewel, due to her ring. Taking note of 'more innovative means of spell casting', here's so ideas on what we can expect:
  • gaining a bonus against cursed enemies, per curse on them
  • gaining a bonus for each different curse applied recently/nearby/whatever
  • your curses proliferate
  • curses in this item become auras, reserving their mana cost and applying within their radius
  • igniting enemies applies curses in this item
  • all curses in this item are cast at the same time
  • very simply, gems in this item supported by curse on hit
  • a global version of curse on hit, curses in this item apply on hit with anything

Meanwhile it will likely carry a heavy downside. Probably something to do with taking fire/chaos damage. No clue on that side of things really.

Other things to note:
1. It's hard to tell, but I think the helm does have eye sockets but you're just able to see the back of the helmet through them. It could also just be like piety, who isn't blind but wears a big silly hat. I doubt Doedre was both mute and blind.
2. Darktongue being the name of a clan suggests there were Darktongues before Doedre, and Doedre was not always a Darktongue, not until Maligaro had his way with her. This makes me think the Darktongue clan mentioned in the selfless sacrifice might not be just to do with Doedre, who seems to like cursing and carrying a big flaming staff.
3. Despite that last one, selfless sacrifice does fit with the rest of Doedre's uniques being focused on sacrificial downsides. However Doedre is much more into thaumaturgy than simply necromancy and I don't think summoning is much to do with "innovative means of spell casting". Unless there's gonna be some sort of insane mod where minions can cast spells for you...
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:58:04 PM
New helm cast "silence" on hit.

Enemy spellcasters can't cast spells. Unique monsters unaffected.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Minions apply curses socketed in this helmet on hit.

Light radius is now put on minions and removed from character completely.

"I need not speak a word, but my whispering lights shall guide me towards punishment"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info