Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

The helm will require a certain amount of intelligence to add an additional special effect. I have to imagine it wouldn't be another additional curse as the unique jewel would meet that goal. Some mechanic like this.

- Curse duration / radius?
- Mana / Energy Shield ?

This is exactly what Doedre's Damning "cares" about and it also has major synergy with the new unique jewel "Dark Thoughts"

Dark Thoughts: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dark_Thoughts
Doedre's Damning: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Damning

What do you guys think? This is based around another hint Dan gave me:

I should clarify I mean synergizing - mechanically my item works well with one of the unique jewels that's been revealed, because they care about the same thing.

Is there a mechanic that Doryani items care about that one of the jewels also cares about?

Is there a mechanic someone else's items care about that one of the jewels also cares about?

Last edited by zeels90 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:49:11 AM
Maybe something like Curses you cast have 1% increased efficiency for every 10 intelligence your character has?

But the absence of holes for the eyes on the item really makes me think it has something to do with blindness.
Ah damn, forgot about Doedre.

Bout
CI and Shavronne: I assumed that she (and apparently Doedre too) went on their way to power, while corrupting and somewhat destroying their humanity/sanity. CI seems like that to me - your body is almost not existent (1 hp), while you are going for the "greatness" - even CI flavor text says that. So this is why I tried to connect them. Mechanical in-game connections are not that important, in this case, I think. ALTHO, Doedre fits that description even better than Shavronne does.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Hmmm, now when I think about it, helm has no eye sockets. And I remember GGG said something about "reduced light radius" being a thing in new expansion and it would scale with something. So maybe that is a drawback on this helm. I guess 40-50% reduced light radius, something drastic.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

So let's call this weekend the endgame.

The final question is what does it do?
What kind of mods would Doedre Darktongue have on her helm?

I'll reveal the item on Monday NZ time (Sunday US time), let's see who gets closest!

Excite for the guessing game.

Question for Dan

A slightly more random question, was the base item chosen for mechanical reasons; level requirement, when one can find the item in-game, and base energy shield? ~or~ was the Lunaris Circlet chosen for thematic reasons; Association with 'dark' thaumaturgists (Piety's lab in Lunaris Temple), the more malevolent of the two deities/eyes (Solaris being the benevolent one), and the more gritty tile set?

More likely on the mechanical side of things, but it would be interesting to know if thematic reasons play a part in design on this level.

As for Doedre Darktongue, she was a thaumaturgist under the guidance of Meligaro. This was a time in the history of Wraeclast between the Vaal civilization and the work of Malachai in Sarn. She has three unique items Doedre's Tenure, Doedre's Damning, and Doedre's Elixer. From the flavor text of the items we see she she did not have the same style of Meligaro, she was not articulate/mouth was a black hole (artistic license maybe?), and she was willing to give... without hesitation. From the mechanics of the items in-game we see direct trades. Cast speed for spell power, stats for specific utility, and life/energy for the power of charges.

I think this item will be something similar in trade-off. I like the already mentioned blind suggestions based on the 2D art of the item and I could see something like that as a down side in the item. "Reduced accuracy with a chance for spells to blind" as the unique item effect.

In writing this zeels90 posted more information:
Spoiler

"
zeels90 wrote:

What do you guys think? This is based around another hint Dan gave me:

I should clarify I mean synergizing - mechanically my item works well with one of the unique jewels that's been revealed, because they care about the same thing.

Is there a mechanic that Doryani items care about that one of the jewels also cares about?

Is there a mechanic someone else's items care about that one of the jewels also cares about?

There is the curse jewel which you talk about but I like the idea of the Selfless Leadership jewel a little more, if only because it mentions the Darktounge clan in the flavor text. Maybe this helm adds a support to minion gems socket-ed in the item if intelligence is high enough?

The two new riddle questions Dan presented to you are interesting. In the first question mentioning Doryani is a twist. Items that reference Doryani. His second question makes the guessing field larger and not smaller. List of the current jewels; Army of Bones, Dark Thoughts, Eldritch Knowledge, Fluid Motion, Intuitive Leap, Lioneye's Fall, and Selfless Leadership

edit to create spoiler and redice wall of text
Last edited by ChronoExile on Apr 17, 2015, 9:27:40 AM
You might have just blown my mind. I didn't even see the flavor text for the other gem. This could very well be either one of two helms at this point:

Curses?
Summoner?
Blind / Spell damage?
- Radius / Spell damage?

Last edited by zeels90 on Apr 17, 2015, 9:24:04 AM
"
ChronoExile wrote:

A slightly more random question, was the base item chosen for mechanical reasons; level requirement, when one can find the item in-game, and base energy shield? ~or~ was the Lunaris Circlet chosen for thematic reasons; Association with 'dark' thaumaturgists (Piety's lab in Lunaris Temple), the more malevolent of the two deities/eyes (Solaris being the benevolent one), and the more gritty tile set?

More likely on the mechanical side of things, but it would be interesting to know if thematic reasons play a part in design on this level.

Yes to both. I didn't want it to be an item you had to wait until end-game to play with, and I thought the base type was thematically appropriate for a thaumaturgist.

"
ChronoExile wrote:
The two new riddle questions Dan presented to you are interesting. In the first question mentioning Doryani is a twist. Items that reference Doryani. His second question makes the guessing field larger and not smaller. List of the current jewels; Army of Bones, Dark Thoughts, Eldritch Knowledge, Fluid Motion, Intuitive Leap, Lioneye's Fall, and Selfless Leadership

edit to create spoiler and redice wall of text

So the hint I gave Zeels was that the item synergized with a unique jewel that had been revealed.

He thought it was a Doryani item at the time, and was trying to figure out which jewel would go well with Doryani items. I was trying to subtly suggest the item belonged to someone else. Those clues aren't relevant now that you know who it belongs to.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
zeels90 wrote:
You might have just blown my mind. I didn't even see the flavor text for the other gem. [...]

Looking closely at the flavor for Dark Thoughts, it syncs very well with what we know about the art for the new helm.
"

Close your Eyes,
halt your breath,
accept your gate.

First line, the helm seems to have no visibility. Second line, "where her mouth should have been there was only a whiring black void" - Dodre's Damning. No air, or breath in the void, and the mask looks like it covers down to the chin. Third line does not have a direct correlation, but sounds like accepting your pace and where you are headed.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

So the hint I gave Zeels was that the item synergized with a unique jewel that had been revealed.

He thought it was a Doryani item at the time, and was trying to figure out which jewel would go well with Doryani items. I was trying to subtly suggest the item belonged to someone else. Those clues aren't relevant now that you know who it belongs to.

Thanks for the additional information, and clearing up the questions mentioned in my above post.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Apr 17, 2015, 9:28:59 AM
+##% Energy shield
+2 to socketed minion gems
Minion instability
Minions you control have blood rage
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
New Unique mod:
Add 5 to every Int node you have allocated on the tree

Spoiler
Im only going to suggest mods that I think are cool, not boring suggestions like add 1% spell dmg for 10 int; BTW if you didnt notice I think the jewel we are meant to consider is Dark Thoughts
Last edited by Metronomy on Apr 17, 2015, 9:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info