Since Dsync is a dev choice and not a bug...Isnt there a way to warn us or let us know somehow?

Lets get some GGPO in here.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Desync isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

The server can't warn you because where it perceives you to be and where you actually are, are different. If it doesn't know where you are, how do you think it will be able to warn you that you aren't actually where you are?

It will continually get better over time as they update their netcode.

Have a /oos macro and a logout macro. They can save you in bad circumstances.

Oh and although Diablo 3 doesn't have the same style of desynch as PoE, it still does have it, along with laggy servers. I know because I played D3 in my offtime for a while. Made it to Paragon 573 before I got bored.
Last edited by zalfargia on Mar 1, 2015, 6:52:49 PM
Thing is, the game does warn you, but sometimes in a very headscratching way.

It's often obvious to me when desync is occurring because I'll be 'hitting' a monster (i.e. sound of hit connecting) but its health does not move. That suggests to me that sometimes, the server and client are communicating about whether I'm synced, and returning a 'nuh uh' but the obvious response - resyncing me - seems to be stifled, perhaps due to the 10 second resync timer. Instead, based on my experiences it seems when a desync it feels a bit like the server is guiding monsters closer to the character to try and restore sync without a full refresh. If it fails, a full sync eventually happens.

That said, I know everyone's experience is different. Hence I don't really understand replies along the lines of 'desync could NEVER do that, you must be doing something wrong to die with nothing nearby' ... People have, like, different experiences guy. For reelz.
Equip:

Where the Consecrated Ground appears, that's where your character actually is. Somehow, they can't do a simple position check every few frames. Even if it didn't resync on detection, a little icon that shows sync problems have been detected would be nice. Of course, it would also probably always be on :/
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
"
Nubatron wrote:
Desync is a consequence of other game features. Framing it differently is lying to yourself and others.

Why can't the cousin of these spam threads, Baba Ji, come in here and enlighten us with something actually worth discussing.

I use the term discussing loosely. These are not discussions.

The fucking moderators really need to start issuing permanent probations and deleting/locking more threads. They need to enforce a policy wherein thread OPs must have some kind of substance and not just like "^" or "see title" or "lols", and they need to not allow 100000000000000000012390691269126901269 duplicate topics. If a thread about fucking desync comes up every 19 seconds, lock and delete them all and make one major "desync" thread pinned and KEEP IT MODERATED.

God what a blissful utopia this place would be if I was in charge of this shit, lol

Just sayin'

BMBIJI OUT

Yea all game moderators should really start banning all the players complaining about any well known issue within their game that was left unchecked for 3 full years after thousands if not tens of thousands of complain... just ban all those stupid people so all these issues will disappear.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
b15h09 wrote:
Equip:

Where the Consecrated Ground appears, that's where your character actually is. Somehow, they can't do a simple position check every few frames. Even if it didn't resync on detection, a little icon that shows sync problems have been detected would be nice. Of course, it would also probably always be on :/
tried to come back today...
died from a 1 screen away desync...
fuck this shit
hope the fix they spoke of in 1.4 will be great
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
b15h09 wrote:
Equip:

fuck this shit
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Even when im just using wisdom scrolls on a full inventory, they will stop working and then all of a sudden the last four items will magically be identified. normal?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
Equip:

fuck this shit

Did we just lose a self anointed visionary again?
"
Nubatron wrote:

Did we just lose a self anointed visionary again?

Or simply got fed up with the 3 year old feature... its like a funny troll that's not even funny anymore... since 2.5 years ago.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info