Since Dsync is a dev choice and not a bug...Isnt there a way to warn us or let us know somehow?

"
Moonyu wrote:
There should be a desync thread drinking game. Too bad I don't drink anymore.

Too bad i still do but never thought about this. :/
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Desync is a bug. It is not a mechanic.

Playing around a bug, or metagaming around it, doesn't make the bug a mechanic.

Is it a dev choice? Well, when you've got the same bug for years, it seems the devs don't care too much about fixing it. If they do care, they're doing a horrible job showing it.
+1 to this, I cant understand why with this model they chose to include some of the actual mechanics they did. Trying to defend desync by saying its inherent of the design and mechanics of the game is ridiculous specially after this long.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's also been shown that no matter how many times it is explained, the rate of posts about desync is unaffected.
Thats because most post are not asking for an explanation to what desync is or why it happens, people want to know why a somewhat major issue has been going on for so long with no plans to fix it. Along with the fact theres little that can be done on the players side.
Make mine a bourbon.
The game lets me know I'm desynced lots of the time.
What will happen is I'll be having a total blast, pushing it extra hard and getting a big buzz going, and then I'll randomly die without even a monster on screen.

Just then, took my 'new' lowbie out on a Zana mission to she how she fairs.
77'er map, 2 exiles, took them out no sweat.
Do Vorchi's mission. He's level 8 so kinda scary. Some sweat, but got it done.

Total buzz on, walking back, suddenly 0 life 0 ES/fall over dead, no mobs on screen.
Guess I might have desynced and server decided I'd take a desiccated ground bath.
That's def a way to let us know we are desyncing tho!
"
Desync - It is real

Consider this a sturdy warning OP.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I know how to fix desync... atm this is the situation:

Shrinnes--- Problems

Strongboxes--- Problems

(Any situation with mob density --- Problems)

Doors--- Problems

Corners--- Problems

Static objects on floor (Bazaar 75 map is a great example of this)--- Problems

One of my favourites, if you approach a group with an inmortality aura dude (monster or totem)--- Problems and almost each time the totem or mob with the aura is desynced.

Fast movement mobs (for example Rhoas)--- Problems

Etc, etc, etc

So my solution is that GGG can make every map on this way:

Spoiler

And, of course, the mobs must to come 1 by 1 and sloooooowly... yeah... the game will be ugly and bored but at least they will use mechanics that their engine can support.

;)
"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
I know how to fix desync... atm this is the situation:

Shrinnes--- Problems

Strongboxes--- Problems

(Any situation with mob density --- Problems)

Doors--- Problems

Corners--- Problems

Static objects on floor (Bazaar 75 map is a great example of this)--- Problems

One of my favourites, if you approach a group with an inmortality aura dude (monster or totem)--- Problems and almost each time the totem or mob with the aura is desynced.

Fast movement mobs (for example Rhoas)--- Problems

Etc, etc, etc

So my solution is that GGG can make every map on this way:

Spoiler

And, of course, the mobs must to come 1 by 1 and sloooooowly... yeah... the game will be ugly and bored but at least they will use mechanics that their engine can support.

;)

Lol i dont have those problems. Desync is completely rare and random for me.^^
You are a lucky man dude... xD

I don't want to troll but sadly, that is the situation for a lot of us.

Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Mar 1, 2015, 5:23:00 PM
Desync is a consequence of other game features. Framing it differently is lying to yourself and others.

Why can't the cousin of these spam threads, Baba Ji, come in here and enlighten us with something actually worth discussing.

I use the term discussing loosely. These are not discussions.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Desync is a consequence of other game features. Framing it differently is lying to yourself and others.
It is a consequence of bad programming. Nothing more. All of this excessive-desync bullshit could be fixed with a combination of better netcode and a clearer statement of system requirements (because probably about 80% of what players call desync isn't desync but actually video issues, but GGG won't be honest about you needing a high-end graphics setup to play without issues).

Do not buy into GGG's bullshit that performance issues are caused by taking an idealistic stance regarding mechanics or security. Although their netcode model is unorthodox for ARPGs, it is by no means unique; plenty of games (especially fighting games) make it work without all the excuses, with similar security concerns. Stop believing in their excuses and start demanding a good play experience and good mechanics and security. There's no good reason not to have all three.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info