Since Dsync is a dev choice and not a bug...Isnt there a way to warn us or let us know somehow?

"
DAYLEET wrote:
Isnt there a way to let us know when we are about to get d/resync? When we lag in other games we know it because we can see our ping, we can take measure to avoid it or survive it. In poe it's completely random and there's nothing you can do but get a good luck roll.

I know it's here to stay, it's a feature because the devs dont want a "cheating game", but isnt there a way that the server could clue us as to where we (are) with the sync? I mean if he knows he is not in sync with us and has to resync us, can't he tell us something?

After all those years, is there nothing GGG have learned to make the game playable without the "oops you werent there"?

You really believe, that there is a way that simple, and GGG haven't already done that?
If there was a way that simple, GGG would have already done that.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Dudoo wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
The server does instantly force resync if it detects a character death...

Actually, it doesn't.
You can find A LOT of youtube videos, twitch videos where people died and after using /oos they appeared to be far away from "current" position.
"
So we are at the desync thread cycle of the month again? Im waiting for the legacy thread to pop up.

Well, we had enough "I WILL SUE YOU, GGG" threads lately. Time for desync threadS to appear.
My bet is that we'll see "bad drop" threads next :D

If people continue to start these threads over and over that means theres a problem with it, dont you think?

It does not take a lot of people to flood a forum or comment section. Hell one person with a lot of time on their hands and probably some mommy/daddy issues could do it without help.

A small minority screaming loudly can seem like a majority. It is a terrible metric for measuring the actual need/want of the community.
"
Nubatron wrote:

It does not take a lot of people to flood a forum or comment section. Hell one person with a lot of time on their hands and probably some mommy/daddy issues could do it without help.

A small minority screaming loudly can seem like a majority. It is a terrible metric for measuring the actual need/want of the community.

yea kiddo... desync doesnt exist... very very small issue thats barely noticed at all (probably 1 in 10k players ever experienced desync)... damn those dirty people...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

yea kiddo... desync doesnt exist... very very small issue thats barely noticed at all (probably 1 in 10k players ever experienced desync)... damn those dirty people...

You missed the point, entirely. I mean like you took a layup and it went over the backboard.

This is the quote I was responding to:

"
If people continue to start these threads over and over that means theres a problem with it, dont you think?

My response was simple: the forum (and volume of threads) is a terrible metric for measuring anything. It is at best a weak data point that might spark investigation into metrics that are reliable...but nothing more.
I suspect GGG won't add a desync notification for the same reason they won't add an in game /oos hotkey. Doing so is admitting defeat, which would piss off old players, while cluing in new players as to why their game is behaving wonky, and create a larger outcry. Best to just wholly ignore the issue, and get some new players to buy some stash tabs before they realize how fundamentally flawed the game code is.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
I suspect GGG won't add a desync notification for the same reason they won't add an in game /oos hotkey. Doing so is admitting defeat, which would piss off old players, while cluing in new players as to why their game is behaving wonky, and create a larger outcry. Best to just wholly ignore the issue, and get some new players to buy some stash tabs before they realize how fundamentally flawed the game code is.

How could they even add a "notification"? Thats totally not possible, because that would mean they could predict when desync happens and they dont. If they could they would have found a way to remove it, which seems to be hard to do.

Is it really that hard to use ahk with /oos?
"
"
b15h09 wrote:

How could they even add a "notification"? Thats totally not possible, because that would mean they could predict when desync happens and they dont. If they could they would have found a way to remove it, which seems to be hard to do.

Like I said earlier in the thread, equip that Zanduthewhateverthefuck Cossack, and you'll see right where your character is serverside every time you block. The same logic could be applied to have the server report the characters position every couple seconds invisibly, the client would run a check to see if it's relatively close to the position as the client sees it, and would notify the player if this was out of tolerance. A quick and dirty way, but quite possible, with very little server overhead. No magic physics defying code necessary. Just a bit of logic.

"
b15h09 wrote:
"
"
b15h09 wrote:

Like I said earlier in the thread, equip that Zanduthewhateverthefuck Cossack, and you'll see right where your character is serverside every time you block. The same logic could be applied to have the server report the characters position every couple seconds invisibly, the client would run a check to see if it's relatively close to the position as the client sees it, and would notify the player if this was out of tolerance. A quick and dirty way, but quite possible, with very little server overhead. No magic physics defying code necessary. Just a bit of logic.

Yeah, think logically here, if they could notify you of a desync occurring couldnt they fix the desyncing from happening?

You block, the server syncs client and server back together, thats the same thing that happens when you get stunned. Its not the same thing though as predicting out of sync moments, and besides, i yet have to find desync that bad as to make threads about it.

Also, these threads are more an insult to GGG at this point than to asking for a desync fix. ASking once is ok, asking twice may be ok but asking over and over and just blatantly whining is just rude and really stupid.
"

Yeah, think logically here, if they could notify you of a desync occurring couldnt they fix the desyncing from happening?

You block, the server syncs client and server back together, thats the same thing that happens when you get stunned. Its not the same thing though as predicting out of sync moments, and besides, i yet have to find desync that bad as to make threads about it.

Also, these threads are more an insult to GGG at this point than to asking for a desync fix. ASking once is ok, asking twice may be ok but asking over and over and just blatantly whining is just rude and really stupid.

Just saying, the server could easily send a check to the client to allow it to see sync status. It could work like the stun code, but instead of forcing a resync (which they don't want to do because the lack of any sync smoothing makes it jarring) they could just indicate that the server and the client aren't really seeing eye to eye as of the last check, giving the player a visual queue to hit their AHK /OOS macro and initiate the jarring resync.

As far as insults, I find GGG's netcode and the pisspoor excuses they use to defend it to be an insult to multiplayer gaming in general. w/e.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"

Just saying, the server could easily send a check to the client to allow it to see sync status. It could work like the stun code, but instead of forcing a resync (which they don't want to do because the lack of any sync smoothing makes it jarring) they could just indicate that the server and the client aren't really seeing eye to eye as of the last check, giving the player a visual queue to hit their AHK /OOS macro and initiate the jarring resync.

As far as insults, I find GGG's netcode and the pisspoor excuses they use to defend it to be an insult to multiplayer gaming in general. w/e.

Its too bad you dont understand. *sigh*

Stun stops movement, thats why you auto resync. I dont think you understand this whole thing at all. Bye.

PS: Dont blame GGG or any other game company for going online only and DRM and so on, its the hackers and cheaters that are the reason game devs go there to begin with.

No hackers = no online only

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info