Since Dsync is a dev choice and not a bug...Isnt there a way to warn us or let us know somehow?

"

Its too bad you dont understand. *sigh*

Stun stops movement, thats why you auto resync. I dont think you understand this whole thing at all. Bye.

PS: Dont blame GGG or any other game company for going online only and DRM and so on, its the hackers and cheaters that are the reason game devs go there to begin with.

No hackers = no online only

I dunno why I bother with you. Anyway, as I tried to say, wear that cossack, and you will have routine visual queues as to how far out of sync you are. The same logic could be applied to a simple Green/Yellow/Red icon to denote the status of the last sync check.

I only blame GGG for claiming it's impossible to do what other companies deliver routinely. Played plenty of games that are secure, and responsive, and are showing me a fairly accurate representation of the actual game.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Guys, you cannot do a paid, offline version of the game while trying to support a free, online version. Mutually exclusive. The revenue model for the free portion would completely fall apart.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
nitetime wrote:
Even when im just using wisdom scrolls on a full inventory, they will stop working and then all of a sudden the last four items will magically be identified. normal?

It is A LAG because of your connection\packet loss.
"
Dudoo wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Well, we had enough "I WILL SUE YOU, GGG" threads lately. Time for desync threadS to appear.
My bet is that we'll see "bad drop" threads next :D

If people continue to start these threads over and over that means theres a problem with it, dont you think?

May i be the first? *sarcasm*
In all my time spent on PoE i never received (from drop) anything more valuable than non-legacy Aegis Aurora (happened couple of months ago), which is, basically, useless nowadays after all the nerfs.
Also, never had 6L, died A LOT from desync,

----> for those who just pull words out of context (and for those who'd want to label me as a "whiteknight" :D)
DIED A LOT FROM DESYNC; GAME HAS DESYNC, i never denied it
<----

lost maps from "unexpected disconnection\failed to join instance" etc (what else did i forgot among the list of "issues"?)

Should i start another hysterical thread(s) about all of those? Don't think so. Why?

Well, first of all - because i know what RNG is (and in this game specifically #notinfoil), what desync is, why can servers "disconnect" you etc. And i'm okay with it.
Second - i can still find the joy in PoE after these years, and without owning "full-mirrored-Uber-Atziri-1 min. killer". Weird, huh?
Still grateful to GGG for making this game \^_^

To each his own.
"
b15h09 wrote:
As far as insults, I find GGG's netcode and the pisspoor excuses they use to defend it to be an insult to multiplayer gaming in general. w/e.

Offer the solution. THE REAL ONE.
Not just "i think they can...\...they should just do X - IT'S SO EASY!"

Everyone is fast to blame and demand.
But in reality it's often not so easy to "push the magic button".
Not to mention that you still can't understand "what", "how" and "why" about desync, yet arguing here.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"

Spoiler
Its too bad you dont understand. *sigh*

Stun stops movement, thats why you auto resync. I dont think you understand this whole thing at all. Bye.

PS: Dont blame GGG or any other game company for going online only and DRM and so on, its the hackers and cheaters that are the reason game devs go there to begin with.

No hackers = no online only

I only blame GGG for claiming it's impossible to do what other companies deliver routinely. Played plenty of games that are secure, and responsive, and are showing me a fairly accurate representation of the actual game.

Pick a game from those you've mentioned and you will be able to google a lot of hacks\bots etc which affect gameplay and economy pretty hard.

"
vector292 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Desync is a bug. It is not a mechanic.

Playing around a bug, or metagaming around it, doesn't make the bug a mechanic.

Is it a dev choice? Well, when you've got the same bug for years, it seems the devs don't care too much about fixing it. If they do care, they're doing a horrible job showing it.
+1 to this, I cant understand why with this model they chose to include some of the actual mechanics they did. Trying to defend desync by saying its inherent of the design and mechanics of the game is ridiculous specially after this long.

Because it is the "part" of game mechanics? Not part, but "part"
Or should i say that it's more of a consequence (or reason) of having accuracy, evasion, pathing (hello, small cobblestones :D), "real-time side-stepping" from flying fireballs\jumping enemies (in contrast with other games where magic always hit), and such things in PoE?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's also been shown that no matter how many times it is explained, the rate of posts about desync is unaffected.
Thats because most post are not asking for an explanation to what desync is or why it happens, people want to know why a somewhat major issue has been going on for so long with no plans to fix it. Along with the fact theres little that can be done on the players side.[/quote]
Weird, then how players levelled on HC if "there's little that can be done about desync on player's side"?..
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Offer the solution. THE REAL ONE.
Not just "i think they can...\...they should just do X - IT'S SO EASY!"

Everyone is fast to blame and demand.
But in reality it's often not so easy to "push the magic button".
Not to mention that you still can't understand "what", "how" and "why" about desync, yet arguing here.

Alright, you could build your simulation deterministic, and it will execute the same based on frame numbers and inputs on all machines (with a few hardware outliers). This lets the client play in real time, and the server should arrive at the same conclusion based on the inputs sent with the corresponding frames. Alternately, you could have serverside verification, which would be far more computationally demanding. Regardless, there is no fix, because their foundation was always fucked.

All I'm proposing is a way for the game to tell the player that they're badly out of sync, using something we know the game already has. It can send the players serverside location at any time. All the client would have to do is check how far that's offset from the player.

EDIT: And it would be real swell if on a client side detection of bad desync, you could /oos even if you had already /oos'd in the last 10 seconds. Sure, people would hack that bit to disable the stupid ass timer, but I wouldn't care, because it's a stupid ass timer that should never have been implemented.

Or, just remove that stupid ass timer again, and I won't worry so much about desync notification, as /oos wouldn't be a resource that needs to be managed.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Last edited by b15h09 on Mar 2, 2015, 4:53:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info