Stop messing with people's builds mid league GGG

"
johnKeys wrote:
in your own video, you are still clearing stuff faster than I ever could.

I didn't notice this when I replied. Are you self found only or something?
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Do not argue with John he has no experience in any end game nor crafting.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
depends how you define "end game".
and depends how you define "crafting".

@BMBI, it's a gear issue.
as one who already accepted the fact the current gear on my main characters in Standard, is the best I'll be able to get my hands on - EVER - I play given this limitation.
not fully self-found as I'd like to be, not as trade-mongering as the game wants me to be.

given that fact, I do indeed find it annoying when "rich" people cry about nerfs, when I'm usually the one who does need to completely trash a character with every serious nerf, while praying to RNGesus all-fucking-mighty I actually get the stuff I need, and usually get pissed on in reply.
they don't.
they have so much gearz and Exaltz, no nerf in the world would make them trash a character and need to level a new one from scratch, or go through what I go through when leveling one, even if they decide to.

unless having to use 2-3 shots to kill a mob instead of one-shot, or wait 10 seconds for a rare to burn down instead of 5, is actually a "OMG TRASHED!" moment for them.
in which case, I honestly couldn't care less.
boo fkn hoo.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 27, 2015, 6:40:04 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

given that fact, I do indeed find it annoying when "rich" people cry about nerfs, when I'm usually the one who does need to completely trash a character with every serious nerf.
they don't.
they have so much gearz and Exaltz, no nerf in the world would make them trash a character and need to level a new one from scratch, unless having to use 2-3 shots to kill a mob instead of one-shot, or wait 10 seconds for a rare to burn down instead of 5, is actually a "OMG TRASHED!" moment for them.
in which case, I honestly couldn't care less.

Hmm, I can't believe that there are still people who disregard other's effort into getting those gears. Have you ever even tried grinding/trading to get proper GG gear? People get mad at nerfs like that because they actually worked their asses off in-game to get those stuff (except notorious RMTers ofc) and when GGG walks in and nukes their builds, that's literally like a kick in the nuts despite their efforts, hence the frustration.

If my gearset is 500x more expensive than yours, then I AM ENTITLED to clear and destroy content 500x faster than you. Simple as that. If you're unfazed by a serious nerf, you probably haven't gone for absolute GOOD gear and you only have 10 chaos worth of items.

Also to everyone, that's a perfect example why you SHOULDN'T make build guides, boycott the classes forums, or anything that showcases your build. 99.99% of the time they will get nerfed guaranteed. lel.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Moosifer is entirely correct in his position imo.

1) the gear associated with the build creator stating "it still performs fine" breaches roughly 100 exalts +

Now i would argue, silly me, that a build with an investment of over 100 exalts should be able to "pretty reliably" clear 78 maps.

2) the fact the skill is utilized outside of it's dev's intended purpose is a thing of beauty and creativity.

Something i think should be a good thing and a testament to the beauty of the game's potential when the dev's look at it.

3) when proliferation is eventually gonna get nerfed, this build will be wrecked to shit's, destroying what is essentially an extremely beautiful theory-craft and a testament to the creators creativity.

(yes as a theory-crafter, i am sort of sad about this, i thought this build was a beauty AND it's clear-speed was far from broken compared to other 100 exalt+ builds that are being utilized)

Simply put, for the same result --> back to flameblast, which does exactly the same thing but without a cooldown on it and without an exalt price-tag next to it.

I consider this a sad day for theory-crafters and i usually don't give a fuck about nerfs, you know, just build around it etc. But given how this craft operates, there is no "building around it" since it's another entity(summon) and the gem being directly targeted is not something you can counter theory-craft.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

post nerf video. without +2/+1 bow and without empower. Have fun, better load up flameblast again.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 27, 2015, 7:06:35 AM
you are entitled to precisely nothing, OJ8_Graz, because guess what? that kick in the nuts by GGG's mega-nerf? I took the full force of it.
you still have your exalts and 500X more expensive gear on you, despite the nerf.
it's not going anywhere, and even if it is - it's going in exchange for equivalent insane gear.

you're not going to get thrown off the Olympus, while I'm constantly being knocked on my ass off this small fkn hill I'm trying to climb with my fkn bleeding hands, while avoiding random falling rocks.
constantly need to try again. from the bottom.

and again, I'd understand if suddenly your #1 mirrored gear made you kill mobs at the speed I am - but you are still killing them 100X faster post-nerf, than I am pre-nerf. you are still 50X tankier than me and therefore still need to dodge less and kite less.
something I'd like to call pretty darn viable.
therefore you have no right to cry about nerfs, pure and fkn simple.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 27, 2015, 8:08:15 AM
All our builds are belong to GGG
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
More Nerfs please .... I am starting to suspect the engine is powered by tears.

It's not cool how the intelligent players that come up with interesting and unique builds are the ones consistently nerf'd to oblivion mid league. Time to stop being innovative I guess and just run some burn prolif .....oh wait, never mind.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
johnKeys wrote:
you are entitled to precisely nothing, OJ8_Graz, because guess what? that kick in the nuts by GGG's mega-nerf? I took the full force of it.
you still have your exalts and 500X more expensive gear on you, despite the nerf.
it's not going anywhere, and even if it is - it's going in exchange for equivalent insane gear.

you're not going to get thrown off the Olympus, while I'm constantly being knocked on my ass off this small fkn hill I'm trying to climb with my fkn bleeding hands, while avoiding random falling rocks.
constantly need to try again. from the bottom.

and again, I'd understand if suddenly your #1 mirrored gear made you kill mobs at the speed I am - but you are still killing them 100X faster post-nerf, than I am pre-nerf. you are still 50X tankier than me and therefore still need to dodge less and kite less.
something I'd like to call pretty darn viable.
therefore you have no right to cry about nerfs, pure and fkn simple.

Haha
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Hoooooly fuck.

Sorry, John, I might agree with you if this were a league rotation nerf, but you have absolutely no leg to stand on here. They basically just killed end of league for Moo's, which given your opinions expressed, I'd think you'd be more sympathetic.

Edit: IMHO, they should have done with this what they did with snap shotting. "This is broken, we have a solution, and we are going to fix it the moment leagues end. Let this be a warning to anybody who wishes to build this--the build will not survive end of league."
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 27, 2015, 9:00:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info