I am annoyed with TS for the wrong reasons.

Heh ok please ignore everything i wrote. I have played more then 40 different builds in the near 3 years i have played and to ME this by far felt it had the most versatility so much so that playing any other kind of build felt pointless in as far as making progress.

Sure i can play other things for fun and i do, but when i want to make some coin or farm boss's and maps worth a damn i do it on the ranger now.

Please feel free to carry on making out that TS is just as run of the mill as every skill in the game it affects me not a damn ;)
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
/deaths screenshot?

My deaths screenshot is jaded by the fact i mf 75+ maps in my mf gear, not going to lie in the Magic Find gear its 1 shot city IF u get hit but you learn to play and not get hit after doing atziri enough.

But in my normal gear i find it near impossible to die.

LOL you try wearing all the crap i listed which i magic find with and have 18k dps still and not have a get 1 shot build while doing 75+ maps at a speed thats not a slug aka totem.

I dont really see what the deaths count has to do with anything anyways ? Plenty of people play TS in hardcore and do atziri with it.

Don't get hostile with me. I didn't post a glass cannon and say its hardcore viable. Yeah TS is good. Maybe a little nerf is in order. It's not lighting the world on fire. Many other bow skills are competitive.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
/deaths screenshot?

My deaths screenshot is jaded by the fact i mf 75+ maps in my mf gear, not going to lie in the Magic Find gear its 1 shot city IF u get hit but you learn to play and not get hit after doing atziri enough.

But in my normal gear i find it near impossible to die.

LOL you try wearing all the crap i listed which i magic find with and have 18k dps still and not have a get 1 shot build while doing 75+ maps at a speed thats not a slug aka totem.

I dont really see what the deaths count has to do with anything anyways ? Plenty of people play TS in hardcore and do atziri with it.

Don't get hostile with me. I didn't post a glass cannon and say its hardcore viable. Yeah TS is good. Maybe a little nerf is in order. It's not lighting the world on fire. Many other bow skills are competitive.

I think all you guys spend to much time on the forums. No hostility was intended at all nor was it displayed. Don't get so defensive pal.
"
stormyknight wrote:

Not even using taste of hate or rumi's otherwise it gets even more retarded.

Recently got a Rumi for my TS build. I have zero investment in block and a 30% penalty due to acrobatics, and Rumi still feels like it's BiS. That thing is in very bad need of a nerf.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Last edited by fph on Feb 24, 2015, 4:53:31 AM
"
The thing is though im not a glass cannon, did you see the amount of evasion and dodge and spell dodge i have. I can go afk in 78 maps surrounded by mobs and with EC+IC setup and my defenses come back and barely have been touched.

I call bullshit. My dodge and evasion was similar to yours at level 73. I have lower spell block and chaos resist(-60). I have about your HP values. Got killed almost instantly by Congealing Blood in Blood Lines. It ground slammed me from off screen taking over 80% of my HP and bleed did the rest.
Tornado shot doesn't clear any faster than split arrow does. The only thing that makes tornado shot better than split is the fact that it's also a good single target skill, so I currently just use my armor to level gems.

But honestly, enough with the TS is OP threads. It's not. At worst, they can make it not shotgun if they wanted to. But other than that, it's just a good skill, but there are many other skills and builds that are just as good.
I'd love to try TS in the next league if they don't gimp it too badly, fingers crossed !
Second-class poe gamer
The op is blaming tornado shot for the synergy his gear and passives provide

1 harbinger bows when properly rolled are op. you can get 9 crit and 400 pdps. That bow type absolutely shits on all other bow types in the game.

switch to a non harbinger bow with similar mods and see how the numbers look.

2 drill neck is notorious for bloating dps numbers

switch to a standard crit quiver and see how the numbers look.

the ranger part of the tree does four things stupidly well.

fantastic bow nodes
efficient crit nodes
a ton of hybrid defense nodes
and easy access to dodge

all 4 are optimally utilized in a crit build. it is rare to find such great efficiency.
hell the only major downside is that the amount of life in her area is pretty low with getting more than 110% becoming a chore.

There are only two things ts does well, it shotguns well and it gets free pierce. that is quite literally all it does ..

As many other have pointed out , it is not even the best at any one thing, if you want to clear mobs faster and off screen split arrow and ice arrow will beat nado shot. this is not debatable , hard numbers show they will beat TS.

what nado shot is , in reality is a more versatile ability, it is not the best at single target, it is not the best at aoe or clear speed... but it is good enough at both.

Ranger is good build, she trades access to large amounts of life for a huge amount of evasion and fantastic synergies. the presence or absence of TS will not change that.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 24, 2015, 11:56:38 AM
Nerf the dmg GGG (if you feel the dmg is OP), keep the shotgun, otherwise it will lose all its beauty. My opinion.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
tornado is really strong, its my choice of bow skill, but if I take out tornado gmp and put in split chain, its just as powerful, different, but just as powerful. Personally prefer tornado simply because the skill feels more impactful, the sound effects and graphics feel more satisfying than split.

I have a kinetic wander, feels just as strong as ts. Tried taking out kinetic poc and putting power siphon chain... felt every bit as strong. All in all my wander doesnt feel quite as powerful as my tornado, not because of tornado, but because of puncture in all honesty.

Neither of them feel quite as powerful as my cast on crit barrage wanders, almost, but not quite.

Its up there for sure, its a first class skill, but I feel like its not quite in a league of its own. Honestly bows were dogshit for over a year, just not even close to high level spell casters, melees, wanders, just about everything else, Im glad theyre a first class choice now and Im happy to see it stay that way for a good while yet. They could maybe take a little touch off tornado, if anything just to shut people up, and people are sort of idiots like that, even if the nerf does fuck all they will all run from tornado shouting "omg nerf it must be shit now" because theyre just group logic sheep and dont really have enough personal experience to make their own judgements on the overall state of the game and how good skills really are comparatively speaking.

If they made a meaningful nerf to it we would be in the same spot, split arrow would be the op skill and omg needs a nerf because now it really would be in a class of its own among bow skills because anything elemental like ice shot, despite being just as strong, will have reflect issues in a way phys doesnt. If they really want to balance tornado shot they should probably just edit the graphics and sound effects of split arrow so that it feels as satisfying to use, then just leave all the numbers alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info