I am annoyed with TS for the wrong reasons.

I'm fairly sure with your MF setup you'll get one-shot in 66 maps? Looks like you have serious serious negative res.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 25, 2015, 11:59:48 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I'm fairly sure with your MF setup you'll get one-shot in 66 maps? Looks like you have serious serious negative res.

I think he doesnt get hitten very often
I have a theory.

Tornado shot outperforms split arrow with low-mid power gear. Once you get around "BIS" gear, split arrow wins.

How did I come up with this theory?

Every time I compare the two, tornado shot wins by a mile (literally doubles map clear speed).
*I consider my gear in the mid range.*

Last time I checked the clear speed rankings, split arrow was faster than tornado.
*Where people are doing runs in mirrored gear.*
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:
I have a theory.

Tornado shot outperforms split arrow with low-mid power gear. Once you get around "BIS" gear, split arrow wins.

How did I come up with this theory?

Every time I compare the two, tornado shot wins by a mile (literally doubles map clear speed).
*I consider my gear in the mid range.*

Last time I checked the clear speed rankings, split arrow was faster than tornado.

Since both skills scale off weapon's damage, your theory fails. If TS is better with bad weapon, it will still be better with BiS weapon, and vice versa.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
not true. once you get to the point where a single volley one shots a given trash mob, the rest boils down to which hits the full pack of mobs faster.

so if your dont have the dps which ever can hit something more times in a single shot wins, in which case nado shot wins , but once it doesn't matter then chain split arrow hits really freaking well.

but to be honest its is kind of pointless, with crit any bow skill is retarded.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
not true. once you get to the point where a single volley one shots a given trash mob, the rest boils down to which hits the full pack of mobs faster.

so if your dont have the dps which ever can hit something more times in a single shot wins, in which case nado shot wins , but once it doesn't matter then chain split arrow hits really freaking well.

but to be honest its is kind of pointless, with crit any bow skill is retarded.

You're right, at the point when you oneshot enemies, skill comparison has little sense.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Opinionated wrote:
[...]

If you are talking about Gorge clear times, that map is only level 74 and the recorded runs are solo + with no mods that make the run slower. In that scenario, SA + Chain simply is faster because everything gets oneshot and Chain helps targeting for you.
"
VixTrader wrote:
The fact is, all the ranger clear speed records are achieved with split arrow, not tornado shot. Doesn't matter what on screen DPS shows, in game vs actual mobs, split is a little better AOE skill than tornado shot is. Tornado shot makes up for it with it's superior single target, so it's a trade off. But it's not OP lol.

This. A thousand fucking times. All that math people try and use to show how op TS with isn't worth shit in the actual game.
I have run two high level TS builds the last two leagues, and 2 split arrow. Guess what, I went back to split arrow + chain, and am now playing a wander.

TS just isn't fast enough in clearing maps compared to split arrow, and I have a drill neck and all that jazz. And for single targets there are better skills to use in your second 5L.

Also the OP is silly as hell, 3.9k hp and invincible? Just lol. One EK or bear trap and you'r down to 10% hp in higher maps.
"

That theory is false. Without Piercing, Tornado shot has a very hard time clearing groups. Now, what your definition of low-mid tier gear would matter of course.
"
t_t wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:
The fact is, all the ranger clear speed records are achieved with split arrow, not tornado shot. Doesn't matter what on screen DPS shows, in game vs actual mobs, split is a little better AOE skill than tornado shot is. Tornado shot makes up for it with it's superior single target, so it's a trade off. But it's not OP lol.

This. A thousand fucking times. All that math people try and use to show how op TS with isn't worth shit in the actual game.
I have run two high level TS builds the last two leagues, and 2 split arrow. Guess what, I went back to split arrow + chain, and am now playing a wander.

TS just isn't fast enough in clearing maps compared to split arrow, and I have a drill neck and all that jazz. And for single targets there are better skills to use in your second 5L.

Also the OP is silly as hell, 3.9k hp and invincible? Just lol. One EK or bear trap and you'r down to 10% hp in higher maps.

10% is not dead you silly man, if you looked at his gear a little closer he packs a vaal grace and a vaal haste.

if he were to fight a mob he cant handle, he would pop that to get 70/ 70 dodge, this on top of the fact that he is a bow build... you know the builds known for off screening shit all day?

out of curiosity i tried his mf set up as an armor build . no dodge at all, and pretty much no damage mitigation because of armor. and i went into 75 maps and cleared them with negative resistances and no deaths.

the hairiest parts were elemental reflect mobs that i tested for by bringing a low damage La / split arrow.

and piety type bosses because she can actually also off screen if you arent carful

if i was actually using his gear, alot of this stuff would be trivial.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 27, 2015, 7:59:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info