Can't make this stuff up.

"oh my god nobody cares"-Peter Griffin
"only love my fucking momma ain't no such thing as friends"
- pimp c(RIP)
Is looking for "Delete duplicated post" button
There is no one
:(
Last edited by Teplokot on Feb 24, 2015, 2:02:00 PM
I would say desync's killing the late game for me, I cant group map get kicked on avg in 1 min, tornado shot, cyclone and whirling blades will cause 1 dc per map, no 78 rotations etc. Yesterday I couldnt face doing the same 7 or so maps again so I picked up d3 ros and its nice for a change but i doubt it will obsess me the way poe has. Im finding ggg's hardline stance on cheating and desync pretty ironic since botting and scripting was left untouched for so long. Sometimes I wonder if poe is better left like the wild west and stamping out these things will hurt the game.
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
Good luck getting high rank in Dota or CS:Go with rng

Or in hearthstone
Oh wait

You can not really compare team based games with almost single player games (both D3 and PoE are nothing but Co-op). Team games have a cancer of their own, that is called street-cred. You can count the amount of newcomers on dota's competitive scene by fingers on one arm, all that happens is same old players changing teams. I do not want to explain the whole chain here but the end is always the same - to find a team you need to be in a team.
hearthstone is a card game. Card games have RNG. Bad example. Even in hearthstone or poker skill wins out in long run.

Team-based games are Team-based because everyone wants to play with friends now. In line with social media crap. Been gaming dolo on pc for 20+ years and never needed to play with friends. This rule is so underrated, keep your family and business completely separated.

Anyway again, a lot of RNG is only in games like poe, darkest dungeon or binding of Isaac. It's not true for other genres. That's the beauty and thrill of poe and darkest dungeon - RNG.
D3 has the sickest fan art

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

^ ya you're pretty hardcore and clearly have enough experience with the game to make a judgement call on its current state. FYI casuals play the latest and most hyped BS. D3 is what almost 3 years old? If you still play any 3 yr old game, you're pretty hardcore about it.

"
D3 is this, D3 is that. I played it for a month but bla bla bla

ooookay?

So the state that it was in when it was released means nothing? Besides, the biggest problems imho are things that have not changed. Replacing skill trees with the rune system was a terrible decision, and clearly meant for casual players. In d2, people liked to make certain characters, like a blizzard sorc, javazon, auradin hammerdin, etc. The skill rune system completely removed that feeling, if you have a barbarian, you can change your runes/gear whenever you want to a completely different build. So essentially, once you have a max level of every class, You have no reason to make a new character again.

For someone like me, that likes to spend time theorycrafting and planning builds, the skill rune system was a terrible idea. So yes, I can comment on why I don't like the game from playing 1 month at release, since this is a core part of the game. Unless you are going to tell me they scrapped the rune system, and now made skill trees instead for every class? I don't think so.

Then on top of that, There's the cartoony graphics, completely losing its gothic style that d2 had. Plus, and possibly the worst, ultra linear gameplay. So are you saying these things have changed since release? Is act 1 - 3 suddenly made up of fully randomized maps? No I'm sure it's still the same mostly linear static maps.

Overall, most of the changes were obviously geared towards casual players. Easy layout linear maps so you never get lost, no attribute placement, and skill runes so you can never mess a character up, or have to create a new one to try a new build with that class. Hence why it disgusted me.
TL:DR

I read the first few lines so ill respond to that then im done with you as our opinions differ completely, and that's fine.

Yes, if your only experience with an online, constantly evolving game is a month with it after release, I don't believe your stance and opinions on it are very relevant to its current state.
"
TheWretch wrote:

I read the first few lines so ill respond to that then im done with you as our opinions differ completely, and that's fine.

Yes, if your only experience with an online, constantly evolving game is a month with it after release, I don't believe your stance and opinions on it are very relevant to its current state.

So they scrapped the skill rune system, replaced it with a skill tree? Because the skill rune system is where most of my opinion comes from (being able to completely change your build at any time vs permanent, character defining decisions), and if that hasn't changed, then yes my opinion with only playing the first month is valid.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 24, 2015, 2:42:02 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

So they scrapped the skill rune system, replaced it with a skill tree? Because the skill rune system is where most of my opinion comes from, and if that hasn't changed, then yes my opinion with only playing the first month is valid.

Actually, they have. The entire system has seen a re-haul, has more synergies and there's a host of different leveling options for you to pick from past lvl70 now. So yes, invalid.

Do your own research though.
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 24, 2015, 2:55:27 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

So they scrapped the skill rune system, replaced it with a skill tree? Because the skill rune system is where most of my opinion comes from, and if that hasn't changed, then yes my opinion with only playing the first month is valid.

Actually, they have. The entire system is has seen a re-haul, has more synergies and there's a host of different leveling options for you to pick from past lvl70 now. So yes, invalid.

Do your own research though.

Well I typed out a long reply, but somehow my phone decided to only post your quote. I did some research, here's a link to a forum thread from 2/7/15 in which people state that they wish the skill rune system would be replaced with a real skill tree. I originally wrote a few paragraphs about what this means, but let's just leave it at that it means they indeed have not replaced the rune system with a tree.

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16285498418
Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 24, 2015, 2:55:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info