Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

obviously every time you die it must be desync because there is no way that your interent flat lined or it was your fault in any way....

that being said people should learn to use f1. Its very obvious when there are connection issues
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Would you get the best set pieces (and other gear) for your class in D3 with decent rolls (certainly not perfect rolls) in 166 hours of gameplay? Given that it is so reliant on RNG as you can't trade your way to get specific gear, I would very much doubt that it is extremely likely in 166 hours.

The facts for me
D3
Took me a day or so after hitting lv 70 to go from rares to full starter set for a dh cold build set.

Poe
never seen an eternal orb, shavs or any t2+ gear, or any map above lv75
What's interesting is the PoE community went crazy on reddit relative to the "End Game and Replayability" and final "win" reasoning in the comparison while failing to acknowledge numerous "builds" are essentially unusable (especially at end-game) due to desync. As a matter of fact, as things currently stand, one has to be very cautious about the buildout as some of them will ensure constant desync that will inevitably result in death (especially in Hardcore). So we have a game that offers all of this cool stuff to make gameplay dynamic and variable, but because of desync, much of it isn't feasible to use (and avoided). So there's a difference between the overall "scope" of a game and the ability to deliver playability on that "scope". If PoE didn't have the desync "design" it probably would have tromped D3 - and that's saying something (especially given the origins and team size of GGG).
All that and a bag of chips!
I was going to walk away from this thread and let it die since it's a house being built on a foundation made of Jell-o but it is still going. I guess there is always room for Jell-o..

Spoiler

I wanted to respond to this part of your statement Charan:

"

The page gets less than 200 views a day.

Although that can be an indication of ineptitude (and this case, a strong indicator after looking closer), it is not always a good measurement.

History is filled with individuals that had small audiences but wide impact. One prime example being:

Socrates - no known literary works; only attributions through his pupils, most notably Plato. He was eventually sentenced to death for what he was teaching.

Is this guy Socrates? Not really. Maybe he could pretend to be in a movie...

So-Crates

Getting "perfect" gear on D3 takes time too but it doesn't motivate me doing it. Sadly the worst thing on d3 and one of the better thing of poe (well not on these last leagues, reason bc i took a break) are patches. On d3 they just do one patch every 4-6 months that adds just few things while on poe we could have patches every 2 weeks adding skills, uniques etc that keeps me playing longer.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Yontevnknow wrote:
Dying is the games way of telling you that your doing something wrong.

It could be true for playing chess but have you recently played any modern online games?

RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > Everything else
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J58mVImlNI

Another funny desync video of near death experience due to player getting owned by desync boss in HC.

also there are countless of HC desync death videos... should I even bother?

Desynch exists. Desynch is a problem. That's not densych. That's lag.

There's a fair amount of this misunderstanding out there.

You also have the people you party with who embarassed when they die just message "fucking desynch" and its BS.

So you dont know the difference between lag and desync... sigh

oh and btw there are many other desync videos on youtube... but sure you can keep telling yourself that desync is CPU, desync is Internet, Desync is Ping, Desync is a myth, desync is playing PoE with a toaster.

Oh and last but not the least the classic desync is the best thing to ever happen in an ARPG... because it's the only way to make a game against hacks because Chris said so. Diablo is shit game because it doesnt desync- PoE fan
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 24, 2015, 1:45:15 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Yontevnknow wrote:
Dying is the games way of telling you that your doing something wrong.

It could be true for playing chess but have you recently played any modern online games?

RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > RNG > Everything else
not really. Arpgs and rogue like games have RNG. Because simply Arpgs don't have skill component. Good luck getting high rank in Dota or CS:Go with rng
You compare game with mulit-milion budget with a game from small indie studio, and yet the second one almost wins ? Bitch please...

"
grepman wrote:
Good luck getting high rank in Dota or CS:Go with rng

Or in hearthstone
Oh wait

"
CookieVortex wrote:
You compare game with mulit-milion budget with a game from small indie studio, and yet the second one almost wins ? Bitch please...

I think Super Meat Boy was more popular than Dragon Age 2.
Last edited by Teplokot on Feb 24, 2015, 2:01:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info