Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

An extremely detailed graphic overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile I thought the community would be interested in reading: http://www.requnix.com/diablo-3-vs-path-exile

UPDATE: The new 2.2 version was published on March 14, 2015
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Mar 14, 2015, 4:47:44 PM
Detailed? You want my details

D3 is all out casual and gives you everything spoon fed like literally no skill involved in this game or a state of mind what the fuck ever. ( Supfreshturnbaby Paragon1052 )

PoE is all out grindy as fuck and likely gouging your eyes repeatably with like a fork in your ass or gouging your eyes with a rusted spoon that works too. In other words it's complex and wonderful for the ''no life ' hardcore crowd etc w/e you wanna call them but the grind in that game or RNG in PoE is beyond horrid.
+ Drop rates are shit
+ RNG is shit

I could go on and on about both games but you get the point

HAZZAH EVIL LORD XENU 7
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Well ok but seriously, D3 wins for difficulty because PoE is too hardcore while D3 is easy enough for casuals ....

When I was still a casual I had my 4 HP wizard getting one shot pulverised by ogres and assassin mages right outside every tavern I needed to enter, and only after my foster father was killed right before my own eyes by none other than my evil brother, who also tried doing everything he could to hunt me down.

Aha, this looks like a nice route to take to my next ...

YOU HAVE BEEN WAYLAID BY ENEMIES AND MUST DEFEND YOURSELF ...

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Do you think it pisses Blizzard off that they are being compared to an Indie game from a podunk little shit-splat like New Zealand? :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"

D3 is all out casual and gives you everything spoon fed like literally no skill involved in this game or a state of mind what the fuck ever. ( Supfreshturnbaby Paragon1052 )

PoE is all out grindy as fuck and likely gouging your eyes repeatably with like a fork in your ass or gouging your eyes with a rusted spoon that works too. In other words it's complex and wonderful for the ''no life ' hardcore crowd etc w/e you wanna call them but the grind in that game or RNG in PoE is beyond horrid.
+ Drop rates are shit
+ RNG is shit

HAZZAH EVIL LORD XENU 7

Be silent woman and get back in my kitchen.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"

+ Drop rates are shit
+ RNG is shit

HAZZAH EVIL LORD XENU 7

Thats about it
I dont see any any key!
"
The D3 storyline(...)is very well done

stopped reading here.

lost all credibility by this point, that was quick.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 22, 2015, 8:58:08 PM
People who play ARPGs for the story need to be mauled to death.

- PoE TOS.
I wouldn't say some of these comparisons are totally unfair, but one thing I noticed was that the article gave a positive "D3 wins" to things such as "difficulty" and how easy it was for casual players to get into the game. Obviously this is extremely subjective when you consider who "wins". These categories shouldn't even have been included IMO because some people want a more difficult game, and others don't. Giving D3 a "win" just because it's easier for casual players to pick it up is an obvious flaw in the article.

Personally I'd actually give PoE a "win" in that regard because I want the game to be more difficult. It feels more rewarding to accomplish things in PoE because you know it's difficult to achieve, rather than in D3 where you don't put much thought into the game. Just figure out which skills are optimal to put on your toolbar (not that many reasonable combinations) and use them when they come off cooldown...
IGN: ExplicitSkill
Some of the stuff I agree with, some stuff I don't. But I thought it was funny that D3 won replayability/end game dept because POE has desync issues. Meanwhile blizz dev's state D3 is a game you play for a short time and abandon it until a new patch rolls out.

I went aheaad and read some of the authors other reviews. Specifically on D3.....dated June 23, 2012

"
As mentioned in the beginning of this review, Diablo 3 is one of the finest PC games ever created; however to truly appreciate the game you really must play it through multiple times and try the different classes. After a period of time you’ll start realizing the sheer volume of content and overall gameplay refinement which was required to bring this product to life. While the game can have its frustrating moments fighting bosses and such, the fun far outweighs the frustration. If you haven’t purchased Diablo 3, buy it.

Yea.... not even close chief.
Last edited by Menacetech on Feb 22, 2015, 9:05:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info