Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

I admit I have never played any of the Diablo games (10 minutes doesn't count).
The only thing that bothers me about that article is that I would never call myself a "hardcore" player but I love PoE's replayability and diversity of possible builds.
I'm new to this genre but somehow managed to figure everything out by myself, I've only read some stuff and watch streams sometimes.
But I guess it all depends on the willingess of the player, some people don't want to bother with complicated skill tree, crafting or whatever it might be.
I find this grindy game (no pun intended) a lot of fun, and there's still a lot to do for me.
It's easy to make it even more simple: PoE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D3.
"
Joaoperals wrote:
It's easy to make it even more simple: PoE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D3.

Trash=poe
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I've never commented on the desync matter until now ... but to be honest ... i''ve played PoE for nearly 3 years ... and i can count the times i've died due to it on the fingers of my hands ... and non of those deaths happened in the past year ... actually i rarely experience desync at all lately ... and just to make things more unbelievable ... lately i mostly play with a cyclone facebreaker build, 2h flicker strike build and leap slam IIR/IIQ farmer .. all calimed to be one of the biggest desync creators in PoE ... yet ... i have no problems with desync ...
Then i wonder ... how come desync is so game-breaking? From my point of view it just happens so rarely that it's easily neglectable.

Did you know that when Chris showcasted PoE's new PvP arena, he desynced on the live stream and he didnt even comment on it like it doesnt even exist.

And for a serious desync case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUM9tJrwUAY

Actually there are a large amount of desync videos (hence why I feel people can be so ignorant sometimes tell people how desync doesnt exist, its because people use toaster to play poe and the retarded shit like that) with a large amount of streamers teaching people how to play around it (coz GGG arent going to fix it ofc)... most of the "how to deal with desync" videos are basically telling people to download a 3rd party scripting program (which is bannable in many other games) and spam a /oos script... It's amazing if desync doesnt matter and is non-issue why all these streamers wasting their time teach people how to play around something that "doesnt exist" or "doesnt really affect gameplay"?

Also there are desync HC death videos all over youtube... so much for desync is just a myth counter argument eh.

edit: Interestingly https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=path+of+exile+desync kripp's video is still the most informative in teaching people to understand desync and is top of search list on youtube... desync doesnt exist or very rarely happens... right...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 24, 2015, 11:38:52 AM
I know that man... i've seen all the videos... i've heard all of the complaints and i'm not saying that they are not real ... i just wanted to share my experience with desync ... and i know that i'm not the only one that has low to no desync issues.

I must admit that i've forgot about PvP and there i indeed have desync problems usually caused by me using flicker strike and the opponent using whirling blades at the same time.

So in the end .. yes i know that desync is game-breaking for some or even many players .. but for some(like me) it's not nearly as bad.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 24, 2015, 11:42:45 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I've never commented on the desync matter until now ... but to be honest ... i''ve played PoE for nearly 3 years ... and i can count the times i've died due to it on the fingers of my hands ... and non of those deaths happened in the past year ... actually i rarely experience desync at all lately ... and just to make things more unbelievable ... lately i mostly play with a cyclone facebreaker build, 2h flicker strike build and leap slam IIR/IIQ farmer .. all calimed to be one of the biggest desync creators in PoE ... yet ... i have no problems with desync ...
Then i wonder ... how come desync is so game-breaking? From my point of view it just happens so rarely that it's easily neglectable.

Did you know that when Chris showcasted PoE's new PvP arena, he desynced on the live stream and he didnt even comment on it like it doesnt even exist.

Actually there are a large amount of desync videos (hence why I feel people can be so ignorant sometimes tell people how desync doesnt exist, its because people use toaster to play poe and the retarded shit like that) with a large amount of streamers teaching people how to play around it (coz GGG arent going to fix it ofc)... most of the "how to deal with desync" videos are basically telling people to download a 3rd party scripting program (which is bannable in many other games) and spam a /oos script... It's amazing if desync doesnt matter and is non-issue why all these streamers wasting their time teach people how to play around something that "doesnt exist" or "doesnt really affect gameplay"?

Also there are desync HC death videos all over youtube... so much for desync is just a myth counter argument eh.

edit: Interestingly https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=path+of+exile+desync kripp's video is still the most informative in teaching people to understand desync and is top of search list on youtube... desync doesnt exist or very rarely happens... right...

It obviously happens, but as KorgothBG puts it, "i rarely experience desync at all lately". I've got the same experience. Very, very rearly I experience desync worse than one desynced mob which I can't attack before it teleports back to it's server location. Immersion breaking? Perhaps. Deadly? Not at all.
I am not saying that other people's experiences are invalid, I am just saying neither is mine. For me, desync is not a problem at all. I would MUCH rather have desync in the form I am experiencing it, than a client prone to hacks and cheats.
If we can get rid of both desync and hacks, please, go right ahead. But if fixing desync means making it easier for hackers, I will personally take desync any day of the week.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J58mVImlNI

Another funny desync video of near death experience due to player getting owned by desync boss in HC.

also there are countless of HC desync death videos... should I even bother?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 24, 2015, 11:55:17 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

Spoiler - that's not desync, that's a clear cut lag.
Last edited by jooozek on Feb 24, 2015, 11:55:59 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

Another funny desync video of near death experience due to player getting owned by desync boss in HC.

I don't think anyone claims desync does not happen at all.

I claim it very, very rearly happens to me. I do open doors, though, and try to avoid leap slamming through walls ;)
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Feb 24, 2015, 11:58:30 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

Desynch exists. Desynch is a problem. That's not densych. That's lag.

There's a fair amount of this misunderstanding out there.

You also have the people you party with who embarassed when they die just message "fucking desynch" and its BS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info