Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

Yep, the story is cringe inducing and beyond terrible. Really bad even for vidya standards.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The last staw for me in terms of diablo's story was tyreal turning mortal; Like that shit was the stupidest shit ever.

D1: Diablo corrupts a bishop - > Corrupts the king - > bishop Takes his kid - > King eventually butchere's everyone - > He is eventually killed - > The hero eventually kills Diablo - > Uses the soul stone on himself sealing his ''fate''

D2: The main hero from d1 is now Diablo etc goes from there

D2x: MO FUCKING BAAL and his army fuck shit up and tyreal was like your ''Worldstone'' is fucked up so I have to destroy it but it's better then nothing.

Then D3 WAS LIKE LETS COMPLETELY Twist this story from the inside out ^_^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 24, 2015, 3:16:50 AM
d3s terrible story bits:

1. they killed deckard cain. with the worst fucking possible character EVER possible
2. belial the lord of lies. NOT. more like lord of very bad liars or lord of obvious captains
3. constant 'Im gonna do x now muahahahahaha' from each baddie
4. as already said, tyrael being mortal. wtf

the best new character they introduced (kulle) got killed for no reason besides to tell a kulle story and fill a quest hole.
This thread is irrelevant, d3 is dead. and the reaper expansion was doa.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
I0wa wrote:
This thread is irrelevant, d3 is dead. and the reaper expansion was doa.

Diablo is not dead; It's a shit game yes but far far from dead.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
grepman wrote:
d3s terrible story bits:

1. they killed deckard cain. with the worst fucking possible character EVER possible
2. belial the lord of lies. NOT. more like lord of very bad liars or lord of obvious captains
3. constant 'Im gonna do x now muahahahahaha' from each baddie
4. as already said, tyrael being mortal. wtf

the best new character they introduced (kulle) got killed for no reason besides to tell a kulle story and fill a quest hole.

Yep, Kulle is the only interesting character and they kill him off almost instantly after he gets introduced. Epic fail.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
The last staw for me in terms of diablo's story was tyreal turning mortal; Like that shit was the stupidest shit ever.

D1: Diablo corrupts a bishop - > Corrupts the king - > bishop Takes his kid - > King eventually butchere's everyone - > He is eventually killed - > The hero eventually kills Diablo - > Uses the soul stone on himself sealing his ''fate''

D2: The main hero from d1 is now Diablo etc goes from there

D2x: MO FUCKING BAAL and his army fuck shit up and tyreal was like your ''Worldstone'' is fucked up so I have to destroy it but it's better then nothing.

Then D3 WAS LIKE LETS COMPLETELY Twist this story from the inside out ^_^

Yeah, the retconning was so bad plus the damn Hakan/Belial and Leah angles were dumb because you could see it from a mile away how things would turn out.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Read the comments section and his replies. He all but admits that one section was a struggle for him but letting poe win would have had poe as the overall winner, which he found unacceptable due to desync (the section in debate had nothing to do with desync).

That in and of itself invalidates this as any kind of reliably unbiased comparative analysis.

At the end, all I could conclude was d3 is easier so it is better. Garbage.

At the same time I can conclude PoE is better garbage because of the desync... you see the difference between non-stupid player vs whiteknighting turd?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
They joy of having a debate on f2p forums. Most people in here are not even playing PoE nor D3 anymore)

Lets be honest, most people been playing games because of friends. For one reason or another friends quit. Now suddenly game is not as good as it seemed.

Others got in because they had to understand the system, it was something new for them. They liked it very much at first but deeper they went the less they got in return.

And so on...

If you would think about it - most games are "places" where players entertain other players while developers get the money. Games themselves are s hit. Worst part is people fighting over whose piece of s hit is better.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
I can't get over the fact that he thinks the D3 story is any good.
It was the worst thing of the whole package.

"I am eeeevil, I am going to do XYZ at point ABC come and stop me!!"
*2min later*
"I am now doing 711, muahahahah!!"

What cartoon story writer did they hire for the job?!?!?

Yeah, the story was okay up to like Skeleton King lol.

This and This.

I don't think it was an accident either. I downloaded the free trial of D3 before buying it just to see what I thought. The free trial ends at the Skeleton King. It was enjoyable to that point so I bought it.

Act 3 was the biggest joke of a storyline I have seen in a long long time. It's almost like they hired an aspiring 8 year old writer.

The gameplay was enjoyable enough but the story was tear your eyes out bad and disney like. Completely wrecked the franchise story.

Seriously, this is a spoiler for D3
EDIT: And the way they killed Deckard Kain in such an anticlimactic manner should mean the writers never get a job again. That poor aspiring 8 year old.
Last edited by Nubatron on Feb 24, 2015, 6:14:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info