Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
"
Pewzor wrote:

So you have no clue how desyncs in handled... I can see why you dont understand why desyncs turns people off and made countless of supporters leave the game. Let along understanding why the extreme "not silky" gameplay would impact the will of replaying the game.

And your pointless post about T6 rift using undergeared toon... you think you can go into a palace map with double bosses with elemental weakness on your negative to all resist 2k life undergeared toon in PoE? sigh...

You can beat Atziri with EB and CI enabled.

Atziri is got mainly 1 shot mechanics... EB CI cant even beat a group of Lv1 fireball skeleton or a lv1 leaper... And everyone knows Atziri is easier than a lot of bosses sigh...

If you can find a EB CI full atziri clear video to show your post is something meaningful sure I will be waiting.

But someone beat atziri with Ci EB. Its easy mode. Ad desync and you got the ultimate difficulty spike.
Penalizing PoE for desync is one thing. Saying it has less replayability than D3 because of desync is just silly.

Desync is a very visible problem for PoE and many people will be vocal about it when quitting, but that is nothing compared to the droves of people who silently left D3 because it has a shallow and boring end-game.

PoE is...
1) Older
2) Indie
3) Free

D3 is...
1) Younger
2) AAA + Established IP
3) Retail

No, sorry PoE is around in 2015 for such a comparison by the author precisely because it is so replayable, which is ultimately what sustains the financial model. D3 made most of its success through hype, marketing, and WoW bonuses. It never saw those numbers again when people saw what the game actually was.

"
Pewzor wrote:

So you have no clue how desyncs in handled... I can see why you dont understand why desyncs turns people off and made countless of supporters leave the game. Let along understanding why the extreme "not silky" gameplay would impact the will of replaying the game.

no I understand both sides just fine, thats why my post explains a lot and yours basically says nothing. They know how d3 hides desync, they could implement the same systems and have intentionally decided not to. They dont care about how many people would be playing the game if they used the same mechanics because they want to make a good game for good gamers, not make the most money possible by making the most universally appealing game. They will never hide desync by removing hit checks and massively increasing attack ranges because that removes your ability to be good at the game and kite damage, they would rather lose the players who dont understand than remove that amount of skill. they chose substance over appearance.

A properly leveled and well built (passive tree) character will not have 2k life by the time they are in high maps regardless of how bad their gear is, and a skilled player could still get much further with a 2k life char in poe than an under geared char in d3. You can clear high maps all day without ever losing more than 2k life if you have skill. PoE is 80% skill and knowledge 20% gear check, d3 is 80% gear check 20% skill and knowledge, if you dont already know this then theres no point us having this conversation, youre better off just going and playing d3 if its a problem for you personally.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 23, 2015, 5:04:14 PM
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
"
Pewzor wrote:

And your pointless post about T6 rift using undergeared toon... you think you can go into a palace map with double bosses with elemental weakness on your negative to all resist 2k life undergeared toon in PoE? sigh...

You can beat Atziri with EB and CI enabled.

Atziri is got mainly 1 shot mechanics... EB CI cant even beat a group of Lv1 fireball skeleton or a lv1 leaper... And everyone knows Atziri is easier than a lot of bosses sigh...

If you can find a EB CI full atziri clear video to show your post is something meaningful sure I will be waiting.

This is getting pretty close to your original scenario :) Mathil - Double Dom ST Uncapped resists
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 23, 2015, 5:27:05 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
The D3 storyline(...)is very well done

stopped reading here.

lost all credibility by this point, that was quick.

This. I haven't played d3 since release, but I remember the story being horrible. I recall asmodan the strategy master telling you everything he's going to do, before he does it, and belial master of lies is terrible at lying. Oh, and Cain gets killed by butterflies. Gg.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
This. I haven't played d3 since release

ooooookay
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Read the comments section and his replies. He all but admits that one section was a struggle for him but letting poe win would have had poe as the overall winner, which he found unacceptable due to desync (the section in debate had nothing to do with desync).

That in and of itself invalidates this as any kind of reliably unbiased comparative analysis.

At the end, all I could conclude was d3 is easier so it is better. Garbage.
I think it's obvious that support has left this thread here due to my previous post's awesomeness. (page 6 of this thread)

It sums up the argument quite nicely.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nerdicide wrote:
This. I haven't played d3 since release

ooooookay

What, does that not make sense to you? I played from the day d3 was released, for about a month, then gave up in disgust. This is coming from someone who played almost ten years of HC d2. I just couldn't believe how backwards they went, they would have been better off just releasing a new version of d2 with updated graphics.

I'm sure casuals love the changes in d3 though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info