Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

GGG staff enjoy D3 confirmed
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

Not sure about D3 but GGG staff did say they loved D2 and created PoE based on heavy inspiration of D2 tho.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Not sure about D3 but GGG staff did say they loved D2 and created PoE based on heavy inspiration of D2 tho.

no way! Rlly?
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

he said that d3 had more replayability than poe because of desync... I read that with an open mind and came to the conclusion it was an idiotic article written by someone whos opinions were not worth humoring.

Like I said before people take the impact of desyncs differently. While many poe kids tell people to suck it up and spam /oos macro with a 3rd party scripting program some people simply dont want to deal with it especially when other ARPG can have such seamless silky smooth gameplay.

but having this opinion is failing to understand how desync is handled in both games. Both games are constantly out of sync, D3 hid theres by removing 95% of skill from the game and making it a a simple gear check.

Monsters can hit you from miles away, you take damage in combat constantly and cant tell where exactly its coming from when many mobs are present because thats how they hid desync, they took away the majority of your ability to kite close range damage and instead you just get hit all the time and if you live or die is down to your gear in the majority of cases, not your skills. In PoE you skill is over ridden by desync once in a while, in D3 your skill is over ridden by the mechanics that hide desync all the time. They got what appears to be silky game play by removing the playability and making the game a pure gear check, if you dont understand this you dont really understand whats going on in the games, and thats why your opinion is disregarded by people who do understand whats going on.

Both companies asked themselves if they wanted to make a game for skilled knowledgable players or for casual gamers with little knowledge and little desire to gain knowledge, GGG went for skilled thinking players while blizzard went for the larger, brainless crowd, that is why the desync situation is different in the 2 games.

You think its bs you died to desync at lvl82 after 5 days playing? Go take your under geared D3 char into a torment 6 rift and tell me how long you skill lets you survive in that 'silky' game, probably closer to 5 seconds than 5 minutes. They didnt just hide desync, they hid responsibility for desync behind your gear, pretended its your fault for not having the items rather than the games fault for not letting you kite damage the way you can in poe.
to be fair poe exists only for the reason that d3 was and is shit and not even close to d2 thats chris main pillar of success the failure of d3

in open beta days the chat was full with disgruntled d3 player like myself if d3 would have been a worthy d2 successor poe would have never had success in the first place
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 23, 2015, 4:13:12 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

he said that d3 had more replayability than poe because of desync... I read that with an open mind and came to the conclusion it was an idiotic article written by someone whos opinions were not worth humoring.

Like I said before people take the impact of desyncs differently. While many poe kids tell people to suck it up and spam /oos macro with a 3rd party scripting program some people simply dont want to deal with it especially when other ARPG can have such seamless silky smooth gameplay.

but having this opinion is failing to understand how desync is handled in both games. Both games are constantly out of sync, D3 hid theres by removing 95% of skill from the game and making it a a simple gear check.

Monsters can hit you from miles away, you take damage in combat constantly and cant tell where exactly its coming from when many mobs are present because thats how they hid desync, they took away the majority of your ability to kite close range damage and instead you just get hit all the time and if you live or die is down to your gear in the majority of cases, not your skills. In PoE you skill is over ridden by desync once in a while, in D3 your skill is over ridden by the mechanics that hide desync all the time. They got what appears to be silky game play by removing the playability and making the game a pure gear check, if you dont understand this you dont really understand whats going on in the games, and thats why your opinion is disregarded by people who do understand whats going on.

Both companies asked themselves if they wanted to make a game for skilled knowledgable players or for casual gamers with little knowledge and little desire to gain knowledge, GGG went for skilled thinking players while blizzard went for the larger, brainless crowd, that is why the desync situation is different in the 2 games.

You think its bs you died to desync at lvl82 after 5 days playing? Go take your under geared D3 char into a torment 6 rift and tell me how long you skill lets you survive in that 'silky' game, probably closer to 5 seconds than 5 minutes. They didnt just hide desync, they hid responsibility for desync behind your gear, pretended its your fault for not having the items rather than the games fault for not letting you kite damage the way you can in poe.

So you have no clue how desyncs in handled... I can see why you dont understand why desyncs turns people off and made countless of supporters leave the game. Let along understanding why the extreme "not silky" gameplay would impact the will of replaying the game.

And your pointless post about T6 rift using undergeared toon... you think you can go into a palace map with double bosses with elemental weakness on your negative to all resist 2k life undergeared toon in PoE? sigh...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 23, 2015, 4:17:19 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

lmao. yes that must be why. forget that one is made by an indie studio and the other by one of the biggest videogame powerhouses on the planet
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 23, 2015, 4:15:19 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:

So you have no clue how desyncs in handled... I can see why you dont understand why desyncs turns people off and made countless of supporters leave the game. Let along understanding why the extreme "not silky" gameplay would impact the will of replaying the game.

And your pointless post about T6 rift using undergeared toon... you think you can go into a palace map with double bosses with elemental weakness on your negative to all resist 2k life undergeared toon in PoE? sigh...

You can beat Atziri with EB and CI enabled.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
Pewzor wrote:

You can beat Atziri with EB and CI enabled.

Atziri is got mainly 1 shot mechanics... EB CI cant even beat a group of Lv1 fireball skeleton or a lv1 leaper... And everyone knows Atziri is easier than a lot of bosses sigh...

If you can find a EB CI full atziri clear video to show your post is something meaningful sure I will be waiting.

Welcome to PoE.
I think Mathil's death to desynced Spinesnap was the only death I've ever seen where desync was legitimately the cause of a player's character death, all the rest of cases I ever saw it was players being dumb trying to run out of middle of a pack of monsters when it's obvious you will collide with them and die if you don't fight back or pop a quartz flask. Players will always try to find something other than themselves to blame. It's a shame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info